JPJ a FO favorite?

rambo2

Reaction score
The TE they loved Dalton Kincaid, got taken one spot in front of them. To this point it set off an unfortunate chain of events. And BTW Kincaid had a very productive year. I am not putting any more into the JPJ rumor as being anything more than that, but they need him more than another weapon for a QB they have never been able to prop up enough.
It was said on draft morning that LaPorta was their top tightend.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This. Kick Tyler outside and the OL is good
Kind of hoping if we draft JPJ that we are able to keep Tyler inside. But that would depend on the development of Richards. I'm also interested in seeing how Waletzko would do if we move him back to the left side. We moved him to the right side last preseason and he sucked at it, but I thought he looked good in what we saw on the left his rookie season. Of course, his shoulder issues may mean he just washes out.

I like the idea of at least having Tyler, Richards, JPJ, Bass and Hoffman competing for three spots. Of course, Barton would give us similar competition.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
I don't believe it. But they did take a DT last year so...

Malhavoc

Reaction score
All about the medicals. I believe he’s an All Pro caliber player.

tm1119

Reaction score
I’m not going to be mad if JPJ is the pick by any means, but I’m not going to love it as much as most. I’m not sure he has the elite ability to block at the 2nd level, and I think that’s what sets great OC’s apart. His power and ability to block in a phone booth is great, I wouldn’t be shocked if his best position is actually OG (not that that’s a bad thing).

Hardline

Reaction score
The problem is ,there are at least three other FOs ahead of us that love him too.

1942willys

Reaction score
I’m not going to be mad if JPJ is the pick by any means, but I’m not going to love it as much as most. I’m not sure he has the elite ability to block at the 2nd level, and I think that’s what sets great OC’s apart. His power and ability to block in a phone booth is great, I wouldn’t be shocked if his best position is actually OG (not that that’s a bad thing).
Yeah, that is why I would take Frazier in the second as he is a pure center and really has a nasty attitude

rambo2

Reaction score
The problem is ,there are at least three other FOs ahead of us that love him too.
Is there, and why is it a problem? I have no problem if Byron Murphy, or Brian Thomas, or Barton falls to us or they go with Payton Wilson or Morgan in a trade back. I'm big fan of letting the board play out.

Hardline

Reaction score
Is there, and why is it a problem? I have no problem if Byron Murphy, or Brian Thomas, or Barton falls to us or they go with Payton Wilson or Morgan in a trade back. I'm big fan of letting the board play out.
The problem is Murphy will go before JPJ. Barton would be OK and I don't want a 1st round WR. I'm all for letting the board play out but missing out on JPJ would suck.

rambo2

Reaction score
The problem is Murphy will go before JPJ. Barton would be OK and I don't want a 1st round WR. I'm all for letting the board play out but missing out on JPJ would suck.
Maybe not.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Most folks will have a cow if this team does not take an OL in round 1. But we should be ready to pounce on the BPA, regardless of position.

rambo2

Reaction score
Most folks will have a cow if this team does not take an OL in round 1. But we should be ready to pounce on the BPA, regardless of position.
Oh come on. They will go nuts no matter what they do. They will claim that they don't what they are doing and are idiots. Just like they did last year about the kicker and the year before about Tyler Smith.

Aven8

Reaction score
Say what you want that the FO are idiots, but the scouts seem to know what they are doing at least!