JPJ a FO favorite?

1942willys

Reaction score
Lol, I like him too. I wonder how his health compares to Jackson Powers-Johnson.
no indications on anything that might be lingering; but then again as regards JPJ how accurate are the rumors as regards him?

Bagman

Reaction score
Great. This us what we do. We tell the whole league who we like. We also leave obvious holes in our lineup which dictate our draft needs. It's almost a guarantee that someone will jump a few spots in front of us and take JPJ.

rambo2

Reaction score
Great. This us what we do. We tell the whole league who we like. We also leave obvious holes in our lineup which dictate our draft needs. It's almost a guarantee that someone will jump a few spots in front of us and take JPJ.
It isn't a secret. Is there anything wrong with Barton, Frazier, and the Georgia center? We could very well take Byron Murphy or Brian Thomas or trade back a little and take Payton Wilson. Every team has 30 visits.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
It isn't a secret. Is there anything wrong with Barton, Frazier, and the Georgia center? We could very well take Byron Murphy or Brian Thomas or trade back a little and take Payton Wilson. Every team has 30 visits.
Yeah.. No secret at all. The team lost its starting LT and C, so it doesn’t take a genius to know that in deep OL class, the OL is going to be given serious consideration.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
The Cowboys success rate for 1st round picks:
OL: Very Good
DL: Terrible (Parsons was drafted as a LB)
OL in round 1 definitely is their sweet spot. But Murphy or Newton are 2 guys I would serious consider.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Oh come on. They will go nuts no matter what they do. They will claim that they don't what they are doing and are idiots. Just like they did last year about the kicker and the year before about Tyler Smith.
Just because kicker worked out doesn't mean it was a good plan for filling the position. It was abnormal and just happened to go our way. Don't see a lot of team turning to other leagues to find their future, at least not with good competition in place.

I don't complain about draft picks, though, because to do that would assume I'm better at recognizing talent than those who are paid to do so. Sometimes a player I like turns out better than who we took, but that's just luck since players I like that Dallas could have had also turn out poorly. The only thing I get bothered by in the draft is when we have a weak position and do nothing to address it. I consider center to be our weakest position right now (I could be wrong and Hoffman could be on his way to becoming a quality starter), so I hope they address it early. I'd like to see it addressed with one of the top three (JPJ, Barton or Frazier) because draft gurus rate them as the cream of the crop, but I acknowledge that this is a strong center class and we probably could get someone at least as good as Biadasz in the third.

Running back also is up there with center, so I'm also hoping that we address that by Day 2 (since there are no Day 1 prospects there). In what's considered a weak running back class, we don't need to be waiting until the last few rounds to try to find a starter. Some of our fans act like you should just be able to find a starter in any round, but the percentages are against it and you have to get lucky in the later rounds to pick out the diamonds from the trash.

rambo2

Reaction score
Yeah.. No secret at all. The team lost its starting LT and C, so it doesn’t take a genius to know that in deep OL class, the OL is going to be given serious consideration.
It isn't a secret for any team. All teams know what the other teams are looking at.

morasp

Reaction score
Watched locked on cowboys and they thought that teams looks ahead at the talent coming out in the draft and plan accordingly. Given the strength of the OL in the upcoming draft that our moves seem to track with that.

There are a lot of G/T offensive lineman ranked pretty high:
Taliese Fuaga G/T
Troy Fautanu G/T
Graham Barton G/T/C
Jordan Morgan G/T (may be able to trade back and still draft him and pick up an extra draft pick)

Throw in JPJ and there seems to be a wealth of talent to choose from.

Later on guys like Van Pran-Granger OC, Dominick Puni G/C, Hunter Nourzad OC, and Caedan Wallace G/T could be considerations.

I'm excited to see how it all plays out.

HanD

Reaction score
Which was why the decision to let Tyler b go was smart imo. Easy to fill in draft vs overpay. I wanted Tyrone back but this is a fine draft to see how it plays out take ol and see if bass or Hoffman or Richards can step up which will depend on where Tyler plays cause we have flexibility.

Mr_437

Reaction score
If the OTs are wiped out select a C, JPJ would do nasty work with Tyler and Zach next to him.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Yes, and you wonder if they would trade back. It's going to be real interesting. 6 qbs could go in the top 23.
I think that would push a lot of talent towards then, but then again they need to pick up a few extra picks too.

Gambit

Reaction score
Barton or JPJ has been my pick over any player at 24.
Same both have medicals to consider though.

More and more I want to trade back and Jordan Morgan is growing on me quite a bit

rambo2

Reaction score
Same both have medicals to consider though.

More and more I want to trade back and Jordan Morgan is growing on me quite a bit
I think that Morgan is a good choice for Dallas. A solid left side player.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Oh come on. They will go nuts no matter what they do. They will claim that they don't what they are doing and are idiots. Just like they did last year about the kicker and the year before about Tyler Smith.
Who was down on Aubrey last year? I don't recall hearing anyone go "nuts" when he was brought in.

Maybe you want to talk about Mazi, oh wait..

MikeT22

Reaction score
I see Scouts top 300 list has JPJ ranked 48th. I can see what our FO would want him at 24.