JSOnline: Leroy Butler's Analysis on 'Boys-Pack...Rodgers better than Romo *Merge*

sbark

Reaction score
zrinkill;2281046 said:
I think Rodgers will be a safer QB .... A guy who will make very few mistakes.

He impressed me a lot these last 2 games we played him.

A safer QB.........so the Romo vrs Farve comparison of gunsligners is out the window at G.Bay

Now all of a sudden they prefer the no risk approach......after glorifying Farve and his high roller approach to the game for 12+ yrs.....

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chief;2280919 said:
Also, they kept showing those Packer old-timers sitting on the sidelines because they were all going to be honored at halftime. I hope they enjoyed the game. :)
It's a shame we ruined their big night. ;)

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Chief;2280919 said:
I saw Butler standing on the sidelines during that game.

Everytime I see that guy, I get pissed off that he was handed some of Darren Woodson's Pro Bowl spots over the years.

Also, they kept showing those Packer old-timers sitting on the sidelines because they were all going to be honored at halftime. I hope they enjoyed the game. :)

Chief, that was the best present I could have had. Winning the game was the cake but seeing those guys having to endure that loss was the icing and the ice cream. They stopped showing them after awhile. Probably because they were frowning and crying in their beer.

For Butler to even start the comparisons of Romo and Rodgers shows what a homer he is.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
More typical anti-Cowboys bias from former players who are still all upset, and hurt, over the fact that Dallas used to routinely beat them down like dogs.

Mash

Reaction score
What a pathetic article...

Brainwashing the Pack fans for charity.......

Bulter is a joke IMHO......his opinions are biased..........he does this stuff for charity.....go figure..... lmao on this one.

What a Joke....

Derinyar

Reaction score
Actually I love the idea that Rodgers would have better stats if he threw 40-50 times which is the implication that Romo is throwing more passes than Rodgers, which isn't true. Its that pesky Cowboy running game taking up 20 chances for Romo to hurl the ball precariously down field. Come on who needs to run lets just go greatest show on turf! :lmao2:

FloridaRob

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2280572 said:
According to Madden, they are.

just to answer this question about Rodgers being limited. From time to time the Packer beat writer for JSO is allowed to ask different assistant coaches a question or two. The Madden comment came up and here is what the Offensive Coordinator said

John Madden said on the telecast that Rodgers told Madden that Rodgers only reads half the field on pass plays. True?

Greg A. Bedard
Lawrence, WI
(Yeah, I snuck this one in for me)

Philbin: "I wouldn't say that. Sometimes he has the option of looking both ways and then making a decision that this side looks better than the other, then certainly you would only read half the field. But a lot of our routes, he has a progression that could take him all over the field. It all depends. I wouldn't say that's totally accurate (laughing). I wouldn't want to discredit (Madden) or call him a liar or anything like that. I'm certainly not doing that. It all depends on what the play is. Is that possible one some plays? It's possible on some plays. But to sit there and say he reads half a field all day, I wouldn't say that.
Does he see as many options as Brett Favre did?

"I think he sees the field pretty well. You've seen some plays this year, the other long ball we completed to Donald Driver, his eyes are one direction, kind of holding somebody, and then the play is coming off here. To sit here and say he's got, at the stage after three games, equal of a 17-year vet? No, I'm not suggesting that. But does he have a pretty good command of what we're doing and how to get that done? He does some good things in that regard."​

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Former Packers all-pro safety LeRoy Butler analyzed the Cowboys-Packers game: "I saw the game in person and I played 12 years so I want people to know that, from what I saw, Aaron Rodgers is a better quarterback than Tony Romo. Based on throwing the ball in certain areas. The interception Romo threw to Collins and some of these other passes and the way he moves around, Aaron is a much better quarterback. Aaron doesn't put his team in those kinds of situations. When you look at Romo's stats, you'll see those long passes and those glamour things. Aaron's stats are OK, too, but if he gets the opportunity to throw 40 or 50 times a game, he's going to be good."

Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel