Julio expects to sign for $22M, this is why Coop wanted to wait

blueblood70

Reaction score
Was thinking 17-18. But he already had a top 5 deal presented to him. Maybe already been offered 15 I guess.
well top 5 just changed with Tyreke and Julio...but I agree 17-18 MAX for Coop is all id ever offer him..if not let him play tag him let him seek offers you can math or let him go at years end..his foot has to eb a factor as wel...

glimmerman

Reaction score
We will see...

15 is what I hoped for, but it didn't happen.
Not now for sure. I am hoping he don’t think he is going to get jones money. He will likely be the toughest signing. Unless he does over the top amazing this year. Show us that 2000 yard season your shooting for.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Damn he gets $64 million guaranteed up front. Julio got paid! Glad Zeke's deal was done before this one.

endersdragon

Reaction score
well top 5 just changed with Tyreke and Julio...but I agree 17-18 MAX for Coop is all id ever offer him..if not let him play tag him let him seek offers you can math or let him go at years end..his foot has to eb a factor as wel...
We tag Cooper and we can't tag Dak and I am a lot more sure what we have in Cooper compared to what we have in Dak.

glimmerman

Reaction score
dak most likely signed before then..already trying to get him before game 1..tag will be available im sure..
Waiting to hear the details of Daks new deal. Lol. Wouldn’t be surprised if he gets signed this afternoon. Price is going to only go up.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Dallas will probably give him a number he likes but they will make it a long term deal.

Something tells me Dallas might have some inside info about the new CBA and these guys getting their deals right now are going to hate them when that CBA comes out.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Cooper wanted $18 million in the offseason and the Cowboys offered $15 million. Julio getting $22 million definitely raises the offer even if Cooper isn't on Julio Jones' level. If nothing else, it bumps up the franchise tag to $18.5 million, which will become the floor for a new contract just like what happened with D Law.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
He'll play......no doubt in my mind. He and Zeke contract situations are apples and oranges. Coop has zero leverage compared to Zeke.

Here we go with the "zero leverage" stuff again.

If Jerry wants him he has leverage.

408Cowboy

Reaction score

blueblood70

Reaction score
The extension includes $66 million in guaranteed money, with $64 million due at signing, sources told ESPN. Jones had two years and almost $21 million remaining on his contract.

The deal makes Jones the NFL's highest-paid wide receiver in terms of guaranteed money. Jones will collect 97% of the contract at signing, surpassing the previous record for a non-quarterback (Trey Flowers, 74%).

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27560160/falcons-jones-reach-record-extension?platform=amp
strange, giving him almost all of it up front, dude can retire after this season and take all but 2mil?

thats insane, they must have some stipulations like reporting releases certain amounts each season like EE, no team in modern times would say hes 99% of your money guaranteed and all up front with no language to protect themselves somehow..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't think Coop is even looking for Julio type money. But with Julio resetting the market, Coop's agent can ask for more than he was previously asking for.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
strange, giving him almost all of it up front, dude can retire after this season and take all but 2mil?

thats insane, they must have some stipulations like reporting releases certain amounts each season like EE, no team in modern times would say hes 99% of your money guaranteed and all up front with no language to protect themselves somehow..
Seems pretty nutty to me