Julio expects to sign for $22M, this is why Coop wanted to wait

ItzKelz

Reaction score
We've known for months that Cooper was cool with waiting because he is getting a big check regardless this year. Julio's deal is not going to affect Amari's deal though. Cooper has nothing on his resume comparable to Julio. For example Dak can compare resumes with Wince and Coff and make a decent argument that he has performed the same or better. If 20 mil plus is Amari is looking for he would need to put up a full season of what he did with Cowboys last year. I personally think its ridiculous to not sign now on the part of Amari and Dak....why risk millions on a potential injury.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
There was a guy yesterday arguing up and down that Cooper is first team all pro. Not after this season, right now. That’s well north of 20m$

This place might end up being really disappointed in Cooper - he has suspect hands (led the league twice in drops) and becomes a ghost for stretches at a time.

CapnB

Reaction score
Coop knows hes not going to get that from the Cowboys. Thats why he said he wanted to get a deal done before Julio so there wouldnt be any questions.

CapnB

Reaction score
This place might end up being really disappointed in Cooper - he has suspect hands (led the league twice in drops) and becomes a ghost for stretches at a time.

This team also turned it around last year when he came and went on to win the east and a playoff game. He's pretty important to this offense.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is what D-Law, Zeke, Dak and Amari Cooper's plot has been all about: waiting, delaying, holding out and taking jabs in order to get paid highest in the league at their respective positions. The employees are controlling the company, and Jerry & Stephen have caved in to them.

Who is laughing or excited now? o_O:facepalm:

Conspiracy much?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not that he expects to get anywhere close to Jones money but market value for the position will put him in win win EVEN he's hit with franchise tag.

Julio Jones is expected to push the receiver market to $22 million per year
Posted by Mike Florio on September 7, 2019, 11:58 AM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ush-the-receiver-market-to-22-million-per-yea

Falcons receiver Julio Jones arguably is the best in the league at what he does. He’s about to be paid better than any other person who ever has played the position.

Ian Rapoport of the NFL reports that Jones’ new contract extension will pay out roughly $66 million over three years. That’s $22 million in new money.
Umm coop isnt in the same zip code as Julio let alone Thomas or OBJ.... look at the 18 Tyreke took I say 17 is smack in the area code for oop..truth.. this is NOT the QB position..WR have tiers and get paid for their Tier..coop is second group under 18

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Is it me or is Julio re negotiating every two years and or anytime he's not the highest paid WR? He'll extend again next summer..

Reaction score
I'm not sure if Coop would be worth it unless the Cowboys become more of a passing team...

mattjames2010

Reaction score
This team also turned it around last year when he came and went on to win the east and a playoff game. He's pretty important to this offense.

He had 2 big games for us last year. He was also part of our first shut out since 2003.

In the final 3 games of the regular season, he totaled 83 yards and 0 TDs. He also fumbled twice and lost both fumbles down the stretch (one in the Saints game, which was close)

We won because our defense kept improving. He's a borderline #1 and the way this place is hyping him up will set him up for failure.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Not that he expects to get anywhere close to Jones money but market value for the position will put him in win win EVEN he's hit with franchise tag.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ush-the-receiver-market-to-22-million-per-yea

Falcons receiver Julio Jones arguably is the best in the league at what he does. He’s about to be paid better than any other person who ever has played the position.

Ian Rapoport of the NFL reports that Jones’ new contract extension will pay out roughly $66 million over three years. That’s $22 million in new money.

im tired of how this stuff works out. I like Cooper, but he is not even close to Julio. BUT, beause one of the most dominate WRs to ever play the game got XXX amount of money, that somehow raises what Cooper should get??????????? Screw that.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Sorry but Cooper ain’t getting 22 million a year. I don’t think he is going to get a 20 million per year offer.

JBond

Reaction score

And this is why I wanted to extend him before Hill and Jones.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
He'll play......no doubt in my mind. He and Zeke contract situations are apples and oranges. Coop has zero leverage compared to Zeke.
coop has plenty of leverage. THe cfowboys gave a 1st to get him. Our passing game was pathetic, Cooper arrrived and bam, not only could we pass, we won games. He has LOTS of leverage. Add in the fact that he will be a free agent..... also, if these teams keep allowing players to say they wont play under the franchise tag.... whats the point of having the tag. Teams are WEAK in negotiating.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Cooper is not even in the zip code of Julio,that guy produces game in and game out even if he injured.I think Cooper will agree for 18 million a year and 48 million guaranteed.
Was thinking 17-18. But he already had a top 5 deal presented to him. Maybe already been offered 15 I guess.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Cooper might not be at the same level by a rising tide raises all ships. 3 years 17 per, get it done.

JayFord

Reaction score
As much as I like cooper he won’t get Julio money

Julio is where the buck stops for wideouts