Julio expects to sign for $22M, this is why Coop wanted to wait

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Here we go with the "zero leverage" stuff again.

If Jerry wants him he has leverage.

Jake, I agree 100% if Jerry wants him......but if he's demanding let say top 2-3 contract and Jerry saying no way him hell that's happening, his value is not critical to our success as Zeke. That's what I'm saying........

John813

Reaction score
This is why I thought he would get a deal close to MT.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't think Coop is even looking for Julio type money. But with Julio resetting the market, Coop's agent can ask for more than he was previously asking for.

this^^^^ ....Exactly what I've tried to say Joe. You did it short and sweet (lol)

gmoney112

Reaction score
Jake, I agree 100% if Jerry wants him......but if he's demanding let say top 2-3 contract and Jerry saying no way him hell that's happening, his value is not critical to our success as Zeke. That's what I'm saying........

Is it not? This offense looked horrific without a #1 WR. You can gameplan around that to an extent, but Gallup getting covered by legit #1s would hurt.

fishspill

Reaction score
I’m think Coop will be around $20 million per now. Big guarantee too. Julio almost got a fully guaranteed contract.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Is it not? This offense looked horrific without a #1 WR. You can gameplan around that to an extent, but Gallup getting covered by legit #1s would hurt.

Remember I'm saying comparable to Zeke and the POSITION he plays........

jaythecowboy

Reaction score

If they weren't willing to pay him then it was stupid trading a 1st round pick for him.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If they weren't willing to pay him then it was stupid trading a 1st round pick for him.

I agree but what if Coop and his agent are demanding top 2-3 pay? Let's be honest, Coop already turned down or refused to sign top 5 according to Stephen. Coop admits he's a league top WR now but rather wait until after this season. Not to see where he's going or trying to position himself for top pay.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I agree but what if Coop and his agent are demanding top 2-3 pay? Let's be honest, Coop already turned down or refused to sign top 5 according to Stephen. Coop admits he's a league top WR now but rather wait until after this season. Not to see where he's going or trying to position himself for top pay.

They still should have paid it. They should have done it before Michael Thomas and Julio Jones. If Sammy Watkins is getting $16 million then Amari Cooper is worth $18 million.

CWR

Reaction score
And Tyreek signed for 3 years 56. Coop is closer to Tyreek than Julio.

He shouldn't be payed more than 18 per year.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Stupid to pay a WR that much. You don't need a top WR to win the super Bowl. It has been proven multiple times...

sideon

Reaction score
I think that cooper is a great receiver but I do not think he is as good as jones is. jones catches everything. cooper is limited in some of his routes. I do think that cooper will get 18-20 million a season. I do not see him getting more then jones will be making.
Cooper is an exceptional route runner, it's his hands that are limited.
Stupid to pay a WR that much. You don't need a top WR to win the super Bowl. It has been proven multiple times...
Don't let the Pats & Giants fool you, if you don't have a top WR then you need to have a top QB & a top defense to win it.

Valkyr

Reaction score
GAWD.0__1_.gif

Thought they were going to win after this, but nope, the choke was not yet complete.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Julio doesn’t set Coopers market value. Julio has had over 1400 yards per year the last 5 straight years, and Cooper has been under 1,000 the last 2 years, and his career high is 1,153.

At best Julio’s signing gives Cooper a stronger argument for $17-18 million per year, but he won’t be at Julio’s level.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Supposedly the Jones' were waiting for Julio and the Falcons to set the market. We don't have that excuse anymore. Julio just signed a 3 year extension today. I do not know the particulars,but now it seems we can go ahead and complete the Cooper deal pronto. Dak as well...he should be getting done this week.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I love Cooper as a player, but he is no Julio Jones.

Zeke had a legitimate case to become football's highest paid back. Coop does not have a case to become football's highest paid receiver. Period.

Rayman70

Reaction score
sorry guys...didn't notice an already existing coop thread. Feel free to merge. Carryon...