Julius?

Parche

Reaction score
trickblue;1665505 said:
Barber is a beast...

He is physical and loves to hit...

That being said, Julius ran hard tonight and made some good plays. He did the same thing last week but it went largely unnoticed...

This is the third straight game where the defense was out of breath in the fourth quarter...

You don't mess with this mix. Let them chase Julius early and get busted up by Barber late. This is working really well...

It ain't broke... don't try to fix it...

Agreed.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
dbair1967;1665451 said:
me either...two or three awful officiating calls wiped out good plays, thats not his fault

and the guy flat out blocked his arse off on blitzes, as he always does

David

and they were stupid penalties and had no bearing on his runs...

We have a really nice running game here...

ddh33

Reaction score
I thought Julius played well. He did about as much as he could, and I thought his burst helped in the second half. Hopefully he's alright. I just wish his best plays weren't consistently called back by penalties.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I would rather have jones start and have barber come in off the blitz. His fresh legs against that tired defense is sick - I called the TD run to my buddies, just based on the tired defense.

Jones impressed me tonight not just with his running, but with his blitz pickup. Both our RBs pickup blitzes.

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
I believe the intention of this thread was to discuss his injury status.

Aren't there at least thirty other threads discussing his worth to the team?

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Props to RedBall for using Julius on draws and screens. It was JJ's best game by far. It's too bad some of his gains were negated by ridiculous officials calls.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
trickblue;1665505 said:
Barber is a beast...

He is physical and loves to hit...

That being said, Julius ran hard tonight and made some good plays. He did the same thing last week but it went largely unnoticed...

This is the third straight game where the defense was out of breath in the fourth quarter...

You don't mess with this mix. Let them chase Julius early and get busted up by Barber late. This is working really well...

It ain't broke... don't try to fix it...

it's half broken. I dont want to fix Barber's role. He's the Mariano Rivera of this team. He is the closer. The problem is that the starter needs to really step it up in order to make Barber even more effective. Julius had a couple of "okay" runs tonight, but unless Julius can start running like he did at the end of his rookie year, there's a lot of running backs in the 2008 draft who could come in and be much more productive with their split time than Julius circa 2007.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
trickblue;1665370 said:
No reason for that... he ran hard and had some good runs...

He ran tough last week too...

I have no issues with Julius...

:hammer:

Seven

Reaction score
dbair1967;1665451 said:
me either...two or three awful officiating calls wiped out good plays, thats not his fault

and the guy flat out blocked his arse off on blitzes, as he always does

David

:hammer:

Seven

Reaction score
BouncingCheese;1665393 said:
Julis Who? I hope he feels better but I think we all know now that Marion Barber is the starting running back for this team. He gets better as the game goes on, not the other way around like JJ plays. He is tougher, he hits harder, and he is simply a better player.

Wrong. Barber was getting hit behind the LOS in the begining as well. He made some blasting runs and was stopped in his tracks. He made some blasting runs and gained when the defense was tired.

What we have is a great 1-2 punch. Period.

sillycon

Reaction score
Seven;1666036 said:
Wrong. Barber was getting hit behind the LOS in the begining as well. He made some blasting runs and was stopped in his tracks. He made some blasting runs and gained when the defense was tired.

What we have is a great 1-2 punch. Period.

:bravo: http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/hammer_nail.gif

Bryan8284

Reaction score
Jones had a solid game. Very good pass blocking.

Few big plays, negated by penalty.

Before Barber's late game, worn down defense, TD run from 50. JJ's average per carry was HIGHER than Barber.

Don't you guys know what synergy is? 1 + 1 = 3. That's what these guys are. Without each other, they aren't as good. They "complete" each other.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Just how much has JJ lost this season due to dumb penalties? Napoleon said:" Give me a LUCKY general over an unlucky general always, no matter how good he is"
JJ really needs to find a rabbits foot or 4 leaf clover.

superpunk

Reaction score
trickblue;1665370 said:
No reason for that... he ran hard and had some good runs...

He ran tough last week too...

I have no issues with Julius...
I said in the chat, that there wasn't much there for Julius, but he ran hard and got all he could out of every run, and his stats would have looked alot better (if that's what interests you) if not for all those mysterious penalties.

But there's no way anyone can have any LEGITIMATE complaint about how Julius played last night, because he played well.

Barber is off the charts, though. And the ratio of rush attempts is starting to reflect that. Julius is still our "starter", and if he continues to play hard like he did last night, I'm good with that.

But as time goes on, the coaching staff seems to be making it clear who they believe is our best RB.

Hoov

Reaction score
Jones played really well last night, i have been on his case a lot and started a lot of threads about barber, start barber, etc....

But i was impressed with Jones play agaisnt that bears defense. There shouldnt be any complaints about Jones' play in last nights game.