Just a draft question

Dalmations202

Reaction score
If Dallas FA goes like this, who is the first pick you think Dallas takes?

Dallas resigns Cooper, Tank, Hitchens, and keeps Hanna, Beasley
Dallas restructures and extends Dez

Dallas signs Derrick Johnson to a low risk short term contract.
Dallas signs Dontarie Poe.
Dallas SNT Irving to Seattle for Earl Thomas with him signing a 1 year extension.
Dallas signs a speed WR to replace Butler -- (I am not sure who is out there)

Where does Dallas go in the first then?

cowboyec

Reaction score
In your scenario....DE.
Marcus Davenport,DE-Utsa
Harold Landry,DE/LB-Boston College
Sam Hubbard,DE-Ohio St

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
If Irving is gone I say 3 tech with Hurst or trade up and get a strong safety to go with Earl probably Derwin James.......that's a lot of stuff that would have to happen in FA though. It seem's like those moves are a little to rich for the team's salary cap space this year.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Ir we can send Irving to SEA for Thomas I'm going to go ahead and ask if they'll take Cooper Rush for Russel WIlson while we're at it.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
If they trade Irving away, Collins is your starting 3-tech and Crawford stays as his backup with Neal. So still need the 1-tech.
By the way, that would be the only way I would let Irving out of the building (trade for a player) otherwise he stays, headache and all.

ghst187

Reaction score
If Dallas FA goes like this, who is the first pick you think Dallas takes?

Dallas resigns Cooper, Tank, Hitchens, and keeps Hanna, Beasley
Dallas restructures and extends Dez

Dallas signs Derrick Johnson to a low risk short term contract.
Dallas signs Dontarie Poe.
Dallas SNT Irving to Seattle for Earl Thomas with him signing a 1 year extension.
Dallas signs a speed WR to replace Butler -- (I am not sure who is out there)

Where does Dallas go in the first then?

I think we save the money and let Hanna walk expecting Swaim and Rico to be healthy. I don’t see us spending all that money in FA but sounds like an awesome plan if we could swing it.
Adding Poe and Thomas would be a huge haul for the D and free up the draft to go after offense although I’d still be tempted if Landry or a top LB was there at 19. I would looking at OG and/or WR in rounds 1-2.
Ridley, Sutton, Washington, Hernandez, Nelson....

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
LB.

Derrick Johnson isn't any kind of answer just a progress stopper.
That seems as speaking out of both sides of your mouth.

Derrick Johnson is rock solid. Very good player. And likely would stop the progress of the younger guys.

Why then when you draft an LB who you just said Johnson would stop the progress of?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
My answer is pretty easy

LG is still a huge need. You still have Cooper starting which isnt ideal.
Then 1T because I dont think highly of Poe. Many here would be disappointed of his play if he signed here.
Then SS as Earl needs a running mate, and while Byron is solid he's much better suited for FS which is what Earl would assume.

DanA

Reaction score
The only thing that does for me is make corners and DE’s look more viable in the 1st and it takes 1T’s off the board in favor of 3T’s.

I’m looking to draft (in no particular order) an OG, 3T, LB x 2, RB, OT and WR.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The only thing that does for me is make corners and DE’s look more viable in the 1st and it takes 1T’s off the board in favor of 3T’s.

I’m looking to draft (in no particular order) an OG, 3T, LB x 2, RB, OT and WR.

You're feeling good about our safeties?

waving monkey

Reaction score
I think we save the money and let Hanna walk expecting Swaim and Rico to be healthy. I don’t see us spending all that money in FA but sounds like an awesome plan if we could swing it.
Adding Poe and Thomas would be a huge haul for the D and free up the draft to go after offense although I’d still be tempted if Landry or a top LB was there at 19. I would looking at OG and/or WR in rounds 1-2.
Ridley, Sutton, Washington, Hernandez, Nelson....
very much agree about OG and WR @1 and 2
I dont see that happening but ......

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Derrick Johnson is rock solid. Very good player. And likely would stop the progress of the younger guys.
Not sure which Derrick Johnson you are posting about. I am posting about the one who played in Kansas City and is at the end of his career now.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I feel fairly good about them ya.Their not the big hole that the Oline haves or the LB,WR

Big whole at OL?

I understand we need to figure out LG, but with Smith coming back healthy this is a still a top 5 unit in the NFL.

The OL is probably the part of our team I'm worried least about.