Just a thought, if Weeden was our Hostetler

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
I would be more than okay with this too. I'm of a fan of the Cowboys, not any specific player.

The Natural

Reaction score
showing my age here but I had to google to find out what (who) a Hostetler is

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I only mention this because he looked more comfortable and poised behind center than Romo did.

Good to know he could maybe help if needed.

I had the displeasure of watching Weeden in Cleveland a fair amount ( I had Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron on my fantasy rosters the last few seasons). He can get by for a few weeks, but if teams know he is going to be they guy they will make it a point to pressure him and it will not be pretty.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Dallas doesn't need a star qb. Just one that doesn't turn the ball over. Weeden can make all the throws. I wouldn't play Tony until he is back to 100%

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I had the displeasure of watching Weeden in Cleveland a fair amount ( I had Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron on my fantasy rosters the last few seasons). He can get by for a few weeks, but if teams know he is going to be they guy they will make it a point to pressure him and it will not be pretty.

Weeden was also a rookie when he was in Cleveland and while he may have been older than most rookies he was still inexperienced at this level of football and like any QB it takes some time. Weeden in now in his 3rd season in the NFL I'm sure he has continued to develop. Hoyer took over but Hoyer had been in the league 4 years before going to Cleveland.

khiladi

Reaction score
I will be more than glad to rue the day on the Weeden pick up...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its amazing what one game.....or two series do. In the Gameday thread everyone said the GAME WAS OVER when Romo went down and Weeden came in. No one even gave Weeden a shot. Just a few days ago everyone was just saying how Weeden is a worse quarterback than Geno and Vick and that we should start Vaughn for him. Nevermind the criticism he got in preseason for not doing well playing with the #2's and 3's most of the time lol.

I'd personally prefer Romo get a ring since I think it would cement his legacy but I really could care less who gives us the title. Even though its premature to even start thinking title at this point. I'm thinking about if we can even win a GAME with Weeden. But yeah I could careless who gets us there. Romo has contributed to 6 wins. He would've earned his ring.

Reactions: Coy

heavyg

Reaction score
Ima go way out on a limb and say I don't think this team goes to the Superbowl under Brandon Weeden.

I tend to agree with you. But I bet a lot of people said the same thing about Kurt Warner ;-)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Its amazing what one game.....or two series do. In the Gameday thread everyone said the GAME WAS OVER when Romo went down and Weeden came in. No one even gave Weeden a shot. Just a few days ago everyone was just saying how Weeden is a worse quarterback than Geno and Vick and that we should start Vaughn for him. Nevermind the criticism he got in preseason for not doing well playing with the #2's and 3's most of the time lol.

I'd personally prefer Romo get a ring since I think it would cement his legacy but I really could care less who gives us the title. Even though its premature to even start thinking title at this point. I'm thinking about if we can even win a GAME with Weeden. But yeah I could careless who gets us there. Romo has contributed to 6 wins. He would've earned his ring.

Romo is still my guy, I think Weeden can develop into a better QB than some give him credit for. I think Weeden does have some very good talent but he is also a QB who is in his 3rd year in the NFL.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Romo is still my guy, I think Weeden can develop into a better QB than some give him credit for. I think Weeden does have some very good talent but he is also a QB who is in his 3rd year in the NFL.

He's also in his 30's.....so while he may be can become a smarter QB in this league...he's already losing his physical abilities from here on out at his age.

But I agree with you. I even said it in the offseason when everyone wrote him off. I didn't care about his age because I think his time in this league is more important than his age. Not much wear and tear.

And after Monday's performance, admittedly I'm even more confident in him. As long as he can sit back in the pocket and have time like he did against the Deadskins? I'm confident in him. If he's gonna see all out blitz all game like Romo did? I lose some of that confidence however. But I think Weeden got a unfair shake in Cleveland. It was like....because he was 28 they expected him to play like a 28 year old veteran. He was still a rookie and they were impatient with him. Which I still for the life of me can't understand.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I tend to agree with you. But I bet a lot of people said the same thing about Kurt Warner ;-)

Ima go on that limb, too, and say that Brandon Weeden is not Kurt Warner. :)

I'd love it as much as anybody if Weeden were an upgrade, or even a backup capable of winning big games. He's got the skills to be a steady, capable backup for a long time as far as I can tell, but guys like Hostetler or Warner who can take over and win as a backup QB over an extended period of time are the exception and not the rule in this league.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He's also in his 30's.....so while he may be can become a smarter QB in this league...he's already losing his physical abilities from here on out at his age.

But I agree with you. I even said it in the offseason when everyone wrote him off. I didn't care about his age because I think his time in this league is more important than his age. Not much wear and tear.

And after Monday's performance, admittedly I'm even more confident in him. As long as he can sit back in the pocket and have time like he did against the Deadskins? I'm confident in him. If he's gonna see all out blitz all game like Romo did? I lose some of that confidence however. But I think Weeden got a unfair shake in Cleveland. It was like....because he was 28 they expected him to play like a 28 year old veteran. He was still a rookie and they were impatient with him. Which I still for the life of me can't understand.

I disagree, he does not have the wear and tear of most, Kurt Warner did not start in the NFL until late but also did not have much wear on him. It is not the age of the car it is the mileage and frankly Weeden has little mileage on him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I disagree, he does not have the wear and tear of most, Kurt Warner did not start in the NFL until late but also did not have much wear on him. It is not the age of the car it is the mileage and frankly Weeden has little mileage on him.

Which is what I said lol. Or what I tried to say anyway. He doesn't have much wear and tear. At this rate it wouldn't shock me if he plays until his late 30's long as this continues.