Just a thought

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I've seen enough of him. What's more, we've probably already got the straight up on him already. You know that Weiss and BP will talk. We will know everything there is to know about him, as will Cleveland and NE. To me, Cleveland is really the team we have to worry about with Quinn. They need a QB and they will have a higher pick. Quinn would know our offense already so he should be able to step in and produce sooner. It's the same offense ND runs right now. Same with Cleveland.

You look around the NFL right now and there are more teams who have QBs then who don't.

If you go division by division, here's how it stacks up to me.

NE - Brady
Miami - Needs one, might get one this year if Cutler slides.
Buffalo - JP
Jets - Need one but might get one this year if trade for Rivers works.
Cincy - Palmer
Pitt - Roeth
Baltimore - Needs one. Don't know about Boller
Cleveland - Needs one. Don't know about Frye.
Indy - Manning
Jags - Lefty
Tenn - Will get one this year.
Houston - Carr
Denver - Plummer
KC - Needs one. They have Green but he's about 100 now.
Bolts - Brees
Oak - Needs one.
Giants - Manning
Washington - Brunell, Ramsey and Campbell. There good.
Dallas - Needs one. We got Bledsoe but he's older. What else?
Philly - McNappie
Chicago - Grossman/Orton
Minnesota - Culpepper
Detroit - Needs one.
Green Bay - Rogers
TB - Simms
Carolina - Delhomme
Atlanta - Vick
NO - Will get one this year.
Seattle - Hasselbeck
St. Louis - Bulger
Cards - Needs one. May get one this year if Cutler appeals.
SF - Smith

That really only leaves like 9 teams that need QBs, of which one will get Cutler, one will likely get Rivers or Brees, two might stick with what they have with Boller and Frye, and one might stick another season or two if they think they can wait with Green. Now your down to like 4 to 5 teams. It's possible we could work out a deal to move up an grab Quinn with two 1st round picks if we wanted to.

Also, keep in mind, there will be other QB options available next year and there will also be teams who will take QBs they like this year that might even thin that heard a bit more.

Lastly, I would say that Quinn is not the only player I would covet next year. Adrian Pederson is going to be a Jr. next year. I wouldn't exactly jump off a bridge if we were fortunate enough to get that guy.

I'm wondering what will become of Pennington if the Jets complete the trade for Rivers . I hate the Jets and can't say I've followed his career that well . I know he's been a regular member of the injured reserve , but I also know he's an ex Parcells guy , is still young , and has shown touches of brilliance in the past . I'll be interested to see what the Jets want for him should they decide to part ways .

jbsg02

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
My opinion?
Almost no one is worth 2 first round picks.

Quinn looks good but he doesn't look like a must-have, guaranteed winner.

With 2 1st rounders you can easily get a franchise OT and WR in the middle of the round for example.

not even joey galloway?! just kidding

neosapien23

Reaction score
JIMMYBUFFETT said:
I'm wondering what will become of Pennington if the Jets complete the trade for Rivers . I hate the Jets and can't say I've followed his career that well . I know he's been a regular member of the injured reserve , but I also know he's an ex Parcells guy , is still young , and has shown touches of brilliance in the past . I'll be interested to see what the Jets want for him should they decide to part ways .

Pennington is the epiphany of the word "bus driver". Doesn't have a strong arm when heatly. I actually think Bledsoe is better.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Pennington is the epiphany of the word "bus driver". Doesn't have a strong arm when heatly. I actually think Bledsoe is better.
An epiphany is a sudden moment of complete mental clarity.

I think you meant epitome.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
cobra said:
kartr likes Young and Jacobs more than Lienart or Quinn.

Is anyone suprised?

Let me suggest one reason why with kartr:
vince_young(2006-with-crystal-med).jpg

Young

202515.jpeg

Jacobs

LEINART_MIC_150.JPG

Leinart

216768.jpeg

Brady Quinn.

Why do we let kartr continue to post here? Everyone one of his posts is the same crap. His same agenda.
what... that he likes QBs with chintees?

ghst187

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan said:
I would like to see us trade ala (Like what we did with Buffalo). We get ourselves a first round pick for next year. With the 2 first rounders next year, we take a serious run at trading up for Brady Quinn. I think this guy is going to be great.

I see no problem having 2 second rounders this year.....it's seems there should be many solid players left that would be able to fill holes.

Thoughts???

Ditto, this is a GREAT situation we're in to try and do that. We could trade down a good ways and probably still get Carpenter or Lawson or a top S.
And everyone should know by now what a huge fan of Quinn I am. I've hated ND my entire life but turned around because I liked watching Quinn and Weiss and Smarzjda so much this year. I think Quinn is going to be the best QB to come out since Palmer. I haven't seen any QB with his moxie. He'll stand in the pocket, hang, hang, and fire a rocket downfield on target. He's strong armed, accurate, poised, intelligent, MOBILE, and he's playing under a 3x SB champion offensive coordinator. Drafting him next year should also give us a perfect bridge as he'll have at least one year or so to learn as Bledsoe starts fading. Quinn is a winner and if you haven't seen much of him, he's worth the price of admission...gunslinger.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
Ditto, this is a GREAT situation we're in to try and do that. We could trade down a good ways and probably still get Carpenter or Lawson or a top S.
And everyone should know by now what a huge fan of Quinn I am. I've hated ND my entire life but turned around because I liked watching Quinn and Weiss and Smarzjda so much this year. I think Quinn is going to be the best QB to come out since Palmer. I haven't seen any QB with his moxie. He'll stand in the pocket, hang, hang, and fire a rocket downfield on target. He's strong armed, accurate, poised, intelligent, MOBILE, and he's playing under a 3x SB champion offensive coordinator. Drafting him next year should also give us a perfect bridge as he'll have at least one year or so to learn as Bledsoe starts fading. Quinn is a winner and if you haven't seen much of him, he's worth the price of admission...gunslinger.
Can we have his coach too? :)