Just about done with this organization

mmillman

Reaction score
Huge cowboy fan since early mid 70s. Staubach was my hero. Dallas was a quality organization until mid 90s when jerruh took complete control.

Reasons for considering leaving:

Jerruh has no idea what he is doing. Latest examples. Trading up for Claiborne, a press corner, then switching to more zone. Strength of the team was lbs and they switch to 4-3. Giving romo a huge contract instead of rebuilding. Giving Injury prone Lee a big contract. Giving injury prone spencer a big contract. Salary cap penalties. Watch ware explode in Denver.

Poor drafting and poor free agency

Poor cap management

Puppets as coaches. Garrett had zero head coaching experience prior to this.

Jerruhs kid shows no signs of being any better than his dad

One that should deeply concern jerruh is the fact Dallas is slipping in television ratings and merchandizing
I don't live in Texas and I don't get near the number of games on television I used too.

Current generations of fans cannot even remember when Dallas was anything above mediocre

Jerruhs fleecing of fans and taxpayers for his stadium

Jerruh handling of the Super Bowl

Jerruh is just plain arrogant and obnoxious

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe you should commit all the way and be finished with it altogether. It is obvious that as long as jerruh is here you will not be happy so why make yourself suffer. Just end it now...but if you do end it, do it all the way...meaning also end complaining about it on message boards and wasting anytime with anything about the cowboys.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Huge cowboy fan since early mid 70s. Staubach was my hero. Dallas was a quality organization until mid 90s when jerruh took complete control.

Reasons for considering leaving:

Jerruh has no idea what he is doing. Latest examples. Trading up for Claiborne, a press corner, then switching to more zone. Strength of the team was lbs and they switch to 4-3. Giving romo a huge contract instead of rebuilding. Giving Injury prone Lee a big contract. Giving injury prone spencer a big contract. Salary cap penalties. Watch ware explode in Denver.

Poor drafting and poor free agency

Poor cap management

Puppets as coaches. Garrett had zero head coaching experience prior to this.

Jerruhs kid shows no signs of being any better than his dad

One that should deeply concern jerruh is the fact Dallas is slipping in television ratings and merchandizing
I don't live in Texas and I don't get near the number of games on television I used too.

Current generations of fans cannot even remember when Dallas was anything above mediocre

Jerruhs fleecing of fans and taxpayers for his stadium

Jerruh handling of the Super Bowl

Jerruh is just plain arrogant and obnoxious

See ya.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A Complainer's Cure

1. Identify the source of your anxiety
2. Evaluate all the problems associated with the source of your anxiety
3. Consider realistic (not fantasy) solutions for removing the anxiety from yourself
4. Settle upon the solution you believe is best and act upon it

Note: At this stage, a complainer has not cured his or her problem if the anxiety remains. The next step would be repeating steps 2 through 4 until the correct solution has been discovered.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
I think the verdict is in. Use a flashlight while leaving, wouldn't want you to get lost.

mmillman

Reaction score
You guys are part of the problem. Keep buying the overpriced beer and tickets Jones has no reason to change. Keep supporting the status quo and contInue to feed jerruh and his massive ego. Enjoy the 4-14 season. My cowboys run starting in 1974 is over.

It wasn't missed that not one of you had a substantive argument for anything I wrote.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
It wasn't missed that not one of you had a substantive argument for anything I wrote.

Wouldnt that require something substantive to argue against?

tumblr_mhrwacl64n1ra76wco1_250.gif

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys are part of the problem. Keep buying the overpriced beer and tickets Jones has no reason to change. Keep supporting the status quo and contInue to feed jerruh and his massive ego. Enjoy the 4-14 season. My cowboys run starting in 1974 is over.

You are a complainer. You are not a problem-solver. You could employ real tangible efforts to affect change. You could picket the stadium. You could engage in letter/fax/email writing campaigns to television stations, newspapers, etc. You could spearhead a bona fide grassroots crusade aimed at marshaling the mutual will of determined fans. You could perform a sit-in or walk across your county, state or county as a beacon of direction, purpose, and change. You could even seek out Jerry Jones and confront him face-to-face to voice your dissatisfaction.

No. You see issues outside your immediate influence and lazily place blame upon others. You are the transparent radical, hiding behind a façade of ineffective or make-believe billboard ideas. Or boast how you combat Jones's tyrannical hold on this franchise with non-confirmable claims of personal spending habits and non-supporting actions, while continually connecting yourself through television, internet, etc., with the very object of your dissatisfaction.

You are far from being the first individual to whine from a position of self-superiority. It is highly unlikely you will be the last. Time for the next complainer to step up to the mike, voice their complaint, point their finger at everyone other than themselves, then retreat to the comforts of home--and resume sitting comfortably atop their own solitary gluteus maximus. As always.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score

Because we don't give a crap.

It's a sport, if it makes you that angry...stop watching or switch teams. Simple really.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
First let me say that I can't quit being a Cowboys fan. It's in my blood now.

But mmillman is 100% correct in his assessment.

One of the respondents here called him a "complainer" not a "problem solver". Seriously?? mmillman cannot solve this problem, neither can I. None of us can. Only one man has the ability to turn this ship around, and he's not interested (as long as TV ratings are what they are.)

Yes, I realize I'm enabling him every time I watch. I can't NOT watch. But I've significantly cut back on purchases of Cowboys paraphernalia in the last 3 or 4 years. I get mmillman's point: when we continue to support Jerry, we're enabling him....we're supporting mediocrity. If we want it to get better, the only way that will happen is for Jerry's bottom line to feel it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First let me say that I can't quit being a Cowboys fan. It's in my blood now.

But mmillman is 100% correct in his assessment.

One of the respondents here called him a "complainer" not a "problem solver". Seriously?? mmillman cannot solve this problem, neither can I. None of us can. Only one man has the ability to turn this ship around, and he's not interested (as long as TV ratings are what they are.)

Yes, I realize I'm enabling him every time I watch. I can't NOT watch. But I've significantly cut back on purchases of Cowboys paraphernalia in the last 3 or 4 years. I get mmillman's point: when we continue to support Jerry, we're enabling him....we're supporting mediocrity. If we want it to get better, the only way that will happen is for Jerry's bottom line to feel it.

I think a lot of his think many of his complaints just aren't valid.

And I can't speak for everybody, but this drama over leaving/not leaving....it's hard to get worked up about. Just pick a course and go already. We don't really need to know reasons why anybody gives up their fandom. We're not here to talk a jumper off the ledge. If he wants to jump, do a flip on the way down. It was nice sharing a fandom with you for a while.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you guys not understand his frustration? We're approaching 20 years of this nonsense.
Understand?

Everybody understands. An untold number of posters have been posting frustration for years on just this site alone. That's one of the many reasons why Cowboyszone and sites like it are great for fans to work out their uncontrolled frustration.

Frustration is not an issue. The issues here are plural. The first issue is a quitting proclamation. Fanship is hard, especially when all personal expectations are not being met. Quitting is easy. Quitting is so easy that you do it once and it is done. Most importantly, it can be done with zero fanfare. The second issue is the blame game. As always, people quantity a complex situation and expect others to solve it for them. When salvation is not delivered, others are at fault. Personal accountability is completely excused. It's "the other guys who are the problem."

People who call themselves fans should not quit. If you want Jerry Jones to do what you want, do something about it. And if the results are not what you want, deal with it.

Last edited: