Just curious .. who is the next hot coach commodity?

Jimmie

Reaction score
I am curious, who is the next hot commodity, as far as coaches?

Watching the NFL network seeing some diff pieces on Gruden and some of the other teams with young head coaches, has me intrigued. So, if there is one out there, who is it?

I'm intrigued by the thought of having a young (young in age, not experience) head coach brought in when Parcells decides to leave. Please, give me your thoughts/opinions/ideas etc. :bow:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
My opinion is to enjoy having a great coach while we have one, and not worry about the next one. :)

Jimmie

Reaction score
Im a HUGE Parcells fan, but I was just curious as to who the young, hot commidity was. Id like to see a younger coach, bring in his own staff, and grow with the team.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
To tell you the truth, I don't want to think about it. I dread the day JJ has to hire a new coach.

Smith22

Reaction score
Rack said:
To tell you the truth, I don't want to think about it. I dread the day JJ has to hire a new coach.

Agreed. Up early aren't you?

Jimmie

Reaction score
I dread it aswell.

Since we dont want to think about that, can we at least discuss some young, good coaches on the brink? :bow:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Smith22 said:
Agreed. Up early aren't you?

I work late (or early, depending how you look at it). I'm just about to hit the sack in a few minutes.

Jimmie

Reaction score
same here, just checking in while I have a few minutes..... :starspin

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
I am going to have my eye on Charlie Weiss at Notre Dame. I really respect him as an offensive coordinator, and I think if he is successful as a head coach in college, he will be the next big name. I would love to see him come to Big D and design an offense around a young quarterback.

Murph80

Reaction score
Sean Payton and BoB Stoops. Payton will be the next Cowboys HC if another team does not grab him after this year. He will a least interveiw with others this year.

Novacek84

Reaction score
I'd like to see Stoops here after Parcells. But if you remember a couple years back when Switzer was canned JJ seemed to have a thing for this Houston Nutt guy at Arkansas. I live in CT so I know nothing about him, but can anyone tell me why JJ would be interested? Is it just because Nutt is an Arkansas guy? Because he's done nothing with that program to show that he's the next Urban Meyer. I wonder if he is still on JJ's radar for life after Parcells.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think if Payton is here when BP leaves the job will be his and I can certainly live with that.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Jimmie said:
I dread it aswell.

Since we dont want to think about that, can we at least discuss some young, good coaches on the brink? :bow:
I'll give you a name.

Donnie Henderson.

This guy should be a HC in two or three years, tops.

One of the best in-game adjusters in the business..I think the Jets had six second half shut outs last year. As fiery a motivator as Herm Edwards, only much much more an Xs and Os coach.

It will be a bidding war for his HC services if he continues on his pace.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
How About Eagles Off Cord Brad Childress?. He's Young, well Respected and look how productive the Eagles Offense has been. A good year at LSU could put former Cowboy's TE Coach Les Miles up for an NFL job. :suxiggle: :iggles: :trophy: :disseags:

BlueWave

Reaction score
I think Payton has already been all but promised the first shot at the job.

Why else would he turn down the HC job the Raiders offerd him to remain assistant in Dallas

Here's one for you Henson fans as well. Notice that Parcells did not even attend Henson's workout. Who did? Payton. Why? Maybe they knew then that Henson would never start for Parcells, but would be developed for the time when Payton took over.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Bob Stoops
Urban Myer
Henderson
Weiss (even though he's not really that young)

and I'm sure there are tons more that I don't know about

ndanger

Reaction score
Novacek84 said:
I'd like to see Stoops here after Parcells. But if you remember a couple years back when Switzer was canned JJ seemed to have a thing for this Houston Nutt guy at Arkansas. I live in CT so I know nothing about him, but can anyone tell me why JJ would be interested? Is it just because Nutt is an Arkansas guy? Because he's done nothing with that program to show that he's the next Urban Meyer. I wonder if he is still on JJ's radar for life after Parcells.
Stoops would be my first choice but it would be contingent on him bringing his defensive minded brother Mike with him.They were a dynamic coaching team at the college level and I would be comfortable with them making it at the next level.Absolutely no comparison with any Spurrier failures at it.

ndanger

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I'll give you a name.

Donnie Henderson.

This guy should be a HC in two or three years, tops.

One of the best in-game adjusters in the business..I think the Jets had six second half shut outs last year. As fiery a motivator as Herm Edwards, only much much more an Xs and Os coach.

It will be a bidding war for his HC services if he continues on his pace.
I agree Donnie Henderson has the makings of a very good head coach in his own right and he's picked up pointers from a pretty darn good coach in Herm.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Greg Knapp from Atlanta will probably be hot in the next few years too.