Just for the record Free Agency is so overrated

Desperado

Reaction score
Everyone gets so fired up when the Cowboys don't make many moves but ya gotta admit who is a must sign for any team plus the Cowboys rely on their draft to get better and not some over the hill veteran who's looking for one more big pay day. Remember when the Cowboys signed Makenzie Bernardo and Nate Livings in 2012 boy did they suck! How about Brandon Carr ya pretty much a non factor and whatabout the D tackle from Buffalo Martellus Wiley yup another suckage! Now don't get me wrong the Cowboys have brought in a couple of good ones like Deion Sanders, Anthony Henry, and L'roy Clover but that's when they had cap space unlike today.
The 49ers (DT Javon Hargrove) and the Chiefs (OT Jawaan Taylor) both had a starter in the Super Bowl who was a Free Agent signing that year.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Everyone gets so fired up when the Cowboys don't make many moves but ya gotta admit who is a must sign for any team plus the Cowboys rely on their draft to get better and not some over the hill veteran who's looking for one more big pay day. Remember when the Cowboys signed Makenzie Bernardo and Nate Livings in 2012 boy did they suck! How about Brandon Carr ya pretty much a non factor and whatabout the D tackle from Buffalo Martellus Wiley yup another suckage! Now don't get me wrong the Cowboys have brought in a couple of good ones like Deion Sanders, Anthony Henry, and L'roy Clover but that's when they had cap space unlike today.
So Deion and Halley were bad decisions as well I suppose.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First of all, you gotta be in a position where a free agent is going to make a difference. We would need 15 free agents at this point.
And Mahomes

Chasing6

Reaction score
Said to the loser owner who didn't do squat in FA.
A good GM, knows if they are 1 or 2 pieces away and goes and gets them.

GM Jethro, thinks we have a SB team every year and does basically nothing. Then acts surprised, mad and disappointed when we lose.

People say I would do anything to win a or another Super Bowl.

Not GM Jeruh, he is more interested in collecting 5th round comp picks.

erod

Reaction score
It is true, very few high-dollar free agent signings work out.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Aging vets for one or two year rentals? Wouldn’t surprise me if we wasted more future draft picks.
They will use next years late picks, that will be replaced by the comp picks, that GM Jethro loves so much.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
You're right free agency isn't usually the place you want to build your core team. Teams often don't let great players get away for nothing and you mostly get average to above average players for big contracts. However, sometimes you find a good one, but its typically a proven player entering their 3rd contract or later part of their career.

rambo2

Reaction score
Always possible, but it probably depends on their draft plans. With only 7 total picks after the comp picks awarded this team doesn't have a ton of firepower to trade with. If they see value in a round 1 or 2 trade down scenario to grab a couple extra picks that could change things.
It's next year's picks that they trade. They have 11 picks 2025.

CoachD

Reaction score
So Deion and Halley were bad decisions as well I suppose.
Ummmmmmmmm Jimmy Johnson traded for Charles Hailey he was not a free agent and you can see I already mentioned Deion but thanks anyway.

Ken

Reaction score
usatsi_17682303-1.jpg
They were a Jawarski Tarte dropped int away from flaming out miserably.

billsboys

Reaction score
The FO is afraid to spend in free agency, but continue to overpay when they resign there own players. So to keep doing the same thing over and over again is not working. If we evaluate college players so well why can't do the same with NFL players.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
First of all, you gotta be in a position where a free agent is going to make a difference. We would need 15 free agents at this point.
And Mahomes
This year, sure. Last year there were guys available that could've helped in the defensive trenches. They opted to draft 2 guys. One was an afterthought and the other got hurt early. I believe that and the blatant disregard to RB cost us a solid run. You plug holes in FA and build the future in the draft. Sometimes you need more than cheap masking tape to plug a hole.

mcmvp

Reaction score
It's next year's picks that they trade. They have 11 picks 2025.
lol…You think the Cowboys are going to get an impact player for this season via trade and only have to part with 2025 draft capital?

rambo2

Reaction score
lol…You think the Cowboys are going to get an impact player for this season via trade and only have to part with 2025 draft capital?
They got 2 last year and Lance. They can also sign any player that is cut.