Just imagine Dak Prescott's price for Cowboys if he wins MVP (and he could)

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Nothing would make me happier than seeing dak play wel enough to win mvp and get paid as such...it would likely mean we are an awesome team this year
Unless the D sucks and the Special Teams are awful and then it will be blamed on the QB because that's what happens.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I see this happening even with all the doubters. Even if he doesn't... He's the QB of the the team i've loved and followed since '75. Good or Bad, I'm a Dallas Cowboy for life!

LINK> >>COWBOYS 4 LIFE<<<

Cap may go down, and with so many contracts extending into the future, the pool of money for unsigned players may collapse. Being in a contract year this year could *really* suck come free agency next year.

Dak could win MVP and his price still go *down*.

aria

Reaction score
With the O line and offensive weapons Dak has I could easily see this happening.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Dak were to win league MVP it will mean he’s having to carry the team and it will catch up to us in the playoffs. The last QB to win the league MVP and the Super Bowl was Kurt Warner over 20 years ago. A QB winning league MVP puts the hex on you. For the Cowboys to have a successful season they need a balanced offense and the defense has to improve. I don’t want to see Dak have to air it out like he did last season.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
IF...Pffff...play some ball and show me. Ima huge fan but all this gumflapping getting old. Ball it up. Let’s go.....
Puro Cowboys

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
5-11-16-28-48-54 I saw it in a dream. Also saw Dak leading the "Boys to the Super Bowl same night.

Don't repeat those digits.
I have a $511 check coming from the roofers union, $16.28 from the Hooters Reunion and $48.54 from ASCAP.
Coincidence?
I don't think so, ruffian!
Well be rich!

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
His play should dedicate his wages, its pretty simple as that. If he is MVP type then he should get paid like it, if he fails then he should be failed in line of where he ranked.

Flamma

Reaction score
Could, but it would take Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers and probably another couple of players to all have down years.

Of course if the Cowboys win it all, whoo boy, look out Jerry's wallet...

I think if that happened he'd price himself off of the team. It makes no sense to pay the QB and lose the rest of the players that got you there.

Wood

Reaction score
I see this happening even with all the doubters. Even if he doesn't... He's the QB of the the team i've loved and followed since '75. Good or Bad, I'm a Dallas Cowboy for life!

LINK> >>COWBOYS 4 LIFE<<<

I am convinced Dak contract will be based on playoff success not so much stats. Last year proved that.

plasticman

Reaction score
I'm a Cowboy fan too. And, I am a Dak fan.

That's why I really don't care that much about league MVP. I'm so tired of the fact that everything great that has happened for the Cowboys these past 25 seasons has been confined to the regular season and league MVP is a regular season award. What next, another division round exit?

However, if we are talking about SB MVP, sign me up.

Unfortunately, I am also a realist. If the Cowboys make Dak the highest paid QB then the Cowboys have only managed to return full circle. Part of the reason for the quick decline of the 90's was not knowing when to let go.and they ended up overpaying for a half dozen players to the detriment of maintaining a well balanced team.

The Cowboys have got to make those cold hard choices and I don't see how they can keep Cooper, Dak and Zeke for 2021. Somebody has to go.

Once again, Jerry Jones and progeny paid the wrong guys. Once again, they alienated the guy that did everything right off and on the field at the most important position. If they had paid Dak instead of trying to show the league what shrewd geniuses they are when it comes to contract negotiation, then the Cowboys would have avoided a 3rd distraction to the recent health concerns and social issues.