Just imagine Dak Prescott's price for Cowboys if he wins MVP (and he could)

mcmvp

Reaction score
Imagine if theres no season (extremely likely) what's his asking price then?

If there is no season, future salary cap levels will not be the same as what was projected in years past. If he wants a job, I would hope his asking price would drop

glimmerman

Reaction score
Will take mahomes money. And I would have no problem paying him. If he improves to that level of QB then fine. As long as Dak and his agent don’t want a straight 45 million a year for 4 or 5 years. That’s not really the way mahomes is set up. His latest offer would have been more than mahomes got in his first 4 years.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Mahomes will need to get injured again for him not to win MVP

Plays QB, he's the best at his position, has the best skill players in the league, has a top 3 coach.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I see this happening even with all the doubters. Even if he doesn't... He's the QB of the the team i've loved and followed since '75. Good or Bad, I'm a Dallas Cowboy for life!

LINK> >>COWBOYS 4 LIFE<<<
if he does it means we made the NFCC or the SB, so ill be happy to pay him as he would have made the leap we were waiting on..

he wont why because R Wilson has deserved it twice and didnt get it,, you have to be the best player in football perceived by the masses ie popular and have stats and on team with good record.. BTW as good as Jackson was last year i believe Mahomes deserved it again but that doesnt happen often, they like to spread it around bit..

helps NFL marketing..

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I feel the need to reiterate this. Jerry's player expense costs are fixed by the league in the long term. Sure, he can give a signing bonus this year but he has to reduce expenses in the future to cover it. They even closed loopholes so teams like the Browns couldn't sit well below the cap and pocket the money. Teams HAVE to spend a certain amount on players every year.

Jerry's wallet is not impacted by Dak's pay. Dak's pay comes out of his teammates' pockets.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I see this happening even with all the doubters. Even if he doesn't... He's the QB of the the team i've loved and followed since '75. Good or Bad, I'm a Dallas Cowboy for life!

LINK> >>COWBOYS 4 LIFE<<<
I don't know.

I must be missing something.

How is Dak going to get any huge deal if the salary cap gets cut by the amounts being imagined..like up to 70%?

DAKs contract in 2021 based on the Tag means he gets 20% of the team's salary cap.

Subject to change..but it would seem to me DAKs big payday is only going to be 2020.

The rest is in large doubt.

DFWJC

Reaction score
giphy.gif

aikemirv

Reaction score
Nobody is paying Dak more than the Jones would. If he has that in hi plan then he is just fooling himself.

So MVP or whatever, he won't be getting more than Mahommes - which his current offer was pretty close to anyway.

Price going up garbage is silly in today's current climate!

shabazz

Reaction score
Those aren't cold hard facts. A few people will still complain about Dak regardless of what he does, he will never get the credit from those folks because it's a personal issue with Dak

I would love to see Patrick Mahomes or Russell Wilson as the next QB of the Cowboys instead of your boy...........now tell us how its personal again?

HellCrowe

Reaction score
With this group and the amount of talent we have, failure isn’t an option. I’ll start with that and wait for results.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't know.

I must be missing something.

How is Dak going to get any huge deal if the salary cap gets cut by the amounts being imagined..like up to 70%?

DAKs contract in 2021 based on the Tag means he gets 20% of the team's salary cap.

Subject to change..but it would seem to me DAKs big payday is only going to be 2020.

The rest is in large doubt.

Slow down Rose. A 70% cut would put the Cap at 60 million. That wouldn't even cover the dead cap.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Worrying about whether Dak gets voted as the Cowboys MVP or not is premature, imho. If he plays well enough to establish himself in a better category than he is now, it'll likely be considered as the parties involved see fit. We, as fans, have little to say as to the fate of this franchise. The sooner we come to realize as much, the better. Let's allow developments to be taken into consideration, first and foremost.

Whatever comes of the next contract situation will be decided by those in power to affect the results. I'll content myself with enjoying the games ahead and take the rest in stride. Let's be content with enjoying the game of football and leave the business decisions to those responsible for it.

The OP seems paranoid in his fear of Dak being unreasonable in his demands if he should succeed in proving himself worthy of demanding riches. Let's give the process time to be resolved by those directly involved in dealing with it before getting paranoid over premature fears. The Dallas FO will negotiate with Dak and Co. as they can with no help from us as fans. It's out of our hands, thank goodness. :)

Last edited: