Just maybe The Jones have come to the same conclusion many of us fans have

kskboys

Reaction score
Again....you're assuming! You don't have any evidence only of the last contract. Get back with me when you have facts. Chill with the name calling...you don't want that smoke in person so don't do it on your computer.
And still no answer.

Popeye is name calling? Dang, sensitive little thing, ain't ya.

LocoBates

Reaction score
I want to believe this theory but the Jones’ just seem too in love with the guy to let him go for nothing. I see a massive extension that probably has the no trade clause taken out.
More likely the case, but at least it opens the door for a Trade... maybe an immediate Trade...like right after signing the contract type of trade, then is win-win, you let go your QB1 (who gave you nothing but failure in the playoffs) but gain some decent draft picks in return (there must be another stupid Team in the NFL to take the "leadership and intangibles" bait)

LocoBates

Reaction score
I think the Jones boys have come to the conclusion that Dak has all the leverage, and they are very unhappy about that, infact it's an embarrasment to their egos. so what I think will happen, they will offer him a fair market contract, and get rid of the no trade clause, if he doesn't accept, then he will go with the rest of the coaching staff and players who are all on one year deals. If it were me I would trade him before the draft unless I thought he might agree to the above terms.
How will you trade him if he has all the leverage and a no trade clause?

CowboyChris

Reaction score
How will you trade him if he has all the leverage and a no trade clause?
you can tell him that we are not going to extend his contract, and has permission to seek a trade, you can inform him that if he doesn't take a friendly deal that this will be his last year in Dallas.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
you can tell him that we are not going to extend his contract, and has permission to seek a trade, you can inform him that if he doesn't take a friendly deal that this will be his last year in Dallas.
And he will thank you for the opportunity to hit the free market.

No matter which side you are on blaming Dak for all of the team's problems or applauding him for the successes, the guy was 2nd in the MVP running. Someone is going to pay a lot of money for him. The Cowboys will get a whopping 3rd round compensatory pick in 2026.

He has total and complete leverage in all this and you can thank Stephen Jones for mishandling the situation every step of the way,

LocoBates

Reaction score
and how will that incentivize him to help Dallas get some decent draft picks in exchange of his useless persona to get out of town?

You tell him that to a guy who wants to live in his mansion in Dallas, play for the local Team that shields, hide, hype and cover all his mediocrity ... good luck convincing him to play for another team and get exposed.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
and how will that incentivize him to help Dallas get some decent draft picks in exchange of his useless persona to get out of town?

You tell him that to a guy who wants to live in his mansion in Dallas, play for the local Team that shields, hide, hype and cover all his mediocrity ... good luck convincing him to play for another team and get exposed.
if he agrees to waive his trade clause he can negoitate his new deal with his new team, thats plenty of incentive, or he can just playout his final year and take his chances next year in free agency.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
I think the Jones boys have come to the conclusion that Dak has all the leverage, and they are very unhappy about that, infact it's an embarrasment to their egos. so what I think will happen, they will offer him a fair market contract, and get rid of the no trade clause, if he doesn't accept, then he will go with the rest of the coaching staff and players who are all on one year deals. If it were me I would trade him before the draft unless I thought he might agree to the above terms.
How do you trade a guy with a no-trade clause? How are some people not getting this? He’s got the Joneses over a barrel.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
How do you trade a guy with a no-trade clause? How are some people not getting this? He’s got the Joneses over a barrel.
You simply inform Dak that he won't start and will ride the bench his final year. Guaranteed that Dak waives that clause on the spot.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I sound like 'HISTORY'! If some of you dislike it that much....there are 31 other teams you can root for. If you can't get the guts to leave, then quit complaining and root for the darn team. Too many "Debbie Downers" in here
Thank you for the lecture on how you think a fan should fan.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You simply do not extend a guy who has been surrounded by some of the best skill personnel in the league and produced NOTHING against top 10 defenses.
Move on , I'm tired of beating up on scrubs and getting laughed at in every big game.
A QB MUST help you win the big ones and NOT BE PART OF THE LOSS.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
And still no answer.

Popeye is name calling? Dang, sensitive little thing, ain't ya.
Ha! My name is not Popeye. And it's the way it's used. Or are you smart enough to understand that. Little thing? Meet me in person and then you can tell me if I'm little. I kinda doubt it. Lol