Just Moved to Texas from DC!!!

rgcowboys

Reaction score
Man I wish I could move to Texas. I was looking at houses in the Ft. Worth and now Arlington area. When I do move there, I need to be close for season tickets.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
rgcowboys said:
Man I wish I could move to Texas. I was looking at houses in the Ft. Worth and now Arlington area. When I do move there, I need to be close for season tickets.

Well be like me, I moved to Texas, without even selling my house in Detroit ( suburbs). :D It cost me a pretty penny for the move, since it took me almost 20 months to sell my house up there, pretty much cost me close to what I wanted to spend on a nice Beamer(BMW, my favorite car), since Detroit is in dumps both job market and obviously Real Estate market.

But don't regret the decision at all, except that I should have made the move earlier, which would have enabled me to sell my house quicker and not drive the dumpy car I still have to drive around. :D

Oh, don't worry about buying a house in Arlington. Fort Worth is not good area to buy a house, too much travelling to do if you don't end up with a job in Fort Worth.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Joe Rod said:
Good Morning Cowboys Fans! Long-time reader, but rare poster. I just moved to Corpus Christi from DC and wanted to see if there were any of you from the area.

I am particularily concerned about Direct TV, what channel I can get the games on and if the games will be blacked out on the Sunday ticket.

Thanks!!!!!

:welcome: to Corpus!I've lived in Corpus my whole life and it has its good and bad points.Bad points=threats of hurricanes.Good points=this town is really starting to grow!
As far as the games here,the Cowboys ARE NEVER BLACKED OUT!!!!Our local Fox station will drop the game that is currently airing to show the Cowboys!!If you still want DirecTV,you shouldnt have any problems.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Joe Rod said:
I'll just be happy to stop hearing from all the Commanders fans on a weekly basis. I was actually threatened the last time I went to a Skins/Boys game in DC and I was with my then pregnant wife! Some of them are great folks, but there a quite a few classless jerks!

I think you will find that type just about anywhere the NFL plays a game.

stiletto

Reaction score
Joe Rod said:
Good Morning Cowboys Fans! Long-time reader, but rare poster. I just moved to Corpus Christi from DC and wanted to see if there were any of you from the area.

I am particularily concerned about Direct TV, what channel I can get the games on and if the games will be blacked out on the Sunday ticket.

Thanks!!!!!

Hey Joe, i am still stuck up here in Arlington. Did you move for a job down there? Are you a techie?

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
djdoug said:
you get used to it!!after a while,you don't even think about it.

Well, Doug, I always thought about it, for all the three years on and off I lived there :p:

But true, other than that, I loved that place.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Gfunk said:
Commander Nation that is :cool:
so what are you? Raider fans now? Get your own persona. Oh and I and thousands of others are still here in the "nation".

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Joe Rod said:

Thanks!!!!!
Wow! You've been a visual supporter since 2004? You must have had days where you had all kinds of self control to not post especially on things that made you upset. Props to you.. Welcome to Tex!

DBoys

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
But I believe this season, they wont black out Local games on the NFL Sunday ticket channels, or at least it was said so.

On the other hand, I wish I could get the resolve to cancel the NFL ticket. Man, I am just so addicted to it. But 300 Odd bucks for NFL Sunday Ticket is bit too much I think.

Lets hope cause 300 bucks is a lot of money to be restricted in any way shape or form.

dal0789

Reaction score
Joe Rod said:

Thanks!!!!!
What part of DC u used to live in?