Just saw Ty Law interview on Espn...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
thought I'd beat Nors to it...:D

had an interview w/Andrea Kramer. Said he wouldn't play for the min. Said he would work for Andrea Kramer before he worked for the min. Said his past accomplishments speak for themseves and he doesn't think he has to give up anything in order to paid like the 4-time pro bowler he is. Doesn't blame the Pats for anything, just said he wished they'd discovered the torn ligaments or whatever they were before Jan.

Said his visits to some teams previously were not good ideas, considering he wasn't medically cleared to even walk. It gave a negative visual of where he is as a player. He said he's about 80%.

Showed during his rehab workouts. Showed him running and cutting. Looked good, but he still has a small limp.

They'll prolly play it again during sportscenter tonight about 30-40 mins in if anyone is interested in watching it. What I got out of it, is he's still too pricey for the 'boys (even if they were interested) and there was no mention of him even converting to FS. So I'm not sure it's even on his radar.

Anyway, if someone wants to watch it and provide a better recap, they're more than welcome. That was just the highlights that I thought were relevant.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
thought I'd beat Nors to it...:D

had an interview w/Andrea Kramer. Said he wouldn't play for the min. Said he would work for Andrea Kramer before he worked for the min. Said his past accomplishments speak for themseves and he doesn't think he has to give up anything in order to paid like the 4-time pro bowler he is. Doesn't blame the Pats for anything, just said he wished they'd discovered the torn ligaments or whatever they were before Jan.

Said his visits to some teams previously were not good ideas, considering he wasn't medically cleared to even walk. It gave a negative visual of where he is as a player. He said he's about 80%.

Showed during his rehab workouts. Showed him running and cutting. Looked good, but he still has a small limp.

They'll prolly play it again during sportscenter tonight about 30-40 mins in if anyone is interested in watching it. What I got out of it, is he's still too pricey for the 'boys (even if they were interested) and there was no mention of him even converting to FS. So I'm not sure it's even on his radar.

Facts?

Words right from the horse's mouth?

No Parcells' discount?

He thinks he is still a top CB and wants that kind of deal?

And to think most of us have been saying as much for over a year.:D

parchy

Reaction score
They've been running that Law bit for the last few days now and I'm already sick of it... get this guy off the air, because he is clearly not ready to be a starting corner right now

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
parchy said:
They've been running that Law bit for the last few days now and I'm already sick of it... get this guy off the air, because he is clearly not ready to be a starting corner right now
really?? didn't know that. Don't really watch sportscenter. I'll watch espnews before I watch sportscenter.

Ah well, no biggie. just doing my 'zone duty to try and post interesting news bits.

Personally, I don't think he'd be automatically anointed as the starting corner for any team he's signed to. I think he'd actually have to earn his PT.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I think he is instantly better than Lynn Scott or Izell Reese. But let the homers feel good about our FS depth. Wait SS Davis is now it! Berry O anyone?

ndanger

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
really?? didn't know that. Don't really watch sportscenter. I'll watch espnews before I watch sportscenter.

Ah well, no biggie. just doing my 'zone duty to try and post interesting news bits.

Personally, I don't think he'd be automatically anointed as the starting corner for any team he's signed to. I think he'd actually have to earn his PT.
Thanks for posting Woody G.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
This is just another case of a player trying to get paid for what they have already produced, rather than what they will produce. This happens all the time. If he wants the big money, let the Patriots pay him since they are the ones who already reaped the benefits. Let's get real here, Law won't even be in the league three years down the road.

If he's willing to play safety and with a contract loaded with incentives, sign him. If not, I'm okay with what we have.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Nors said:
I think he is instantly better than Lynn Scott or Izell Reese. But let the homers feel good about our FS depth. Wait SS Davis is now it! Berry O anyone?

What part of this...Said he wouldn't play for the min. Said he would work for Andrea Kramer before he worked for the min. Said his past accomplishments speak for themseves and he doesn't think he has to give up anything in order to paid like the 4-time pro bowler he is...sounds like a player that will give up cornerback money, we are talking top CB money, to play FS on the cheap? :rolleyes:

bsheeern

Reaction score
he also looked to be a bit out of shape and heavy. Of course you can't blame him for that being what his injury was.

Mr. S

Reaction score
agreed with smashmouth, Law is just mad he's a big name guy still on the market and of his injuries. I hope the season hurries up!

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Nors said:

... I would disagree with you right now if the reports are true. A limp is a limp and that type of a condition is not conducive to a successful season on the football field.

Scott and Reese would be better than Bailey/Law or Madison with a limp. I'm not discounting Law's experience, but I don't think any amount of mental understanding will overcome a physical injury to your wheels.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Nors said:

Not instantly. He has to heal first.

And how do you call everyone else 'homers' because we feel good about our depth. We aren't homering for one player, trying to find a position for him to play just because we want him so bad.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Nors said:

Who says Law can play FS? Theres just as much proof that Davis can play well at FS as there is that Law can.

Law is an old CORNER coming off an injury that would cost us a load of cap dollars. At the very least Davis is young, not coming off injury and costs us nothing.

I'll go with the Davis.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
That's a new definition of "homer."

I don't know one single person who posts that Law playing FS for a Parcells discount won't happen and thinks that we are set at FS at the same time.

I mean where are all these threads praising Reese, Scott, Davis, or Beriault?

I was always under the impression that being a "homer" meant you projected extreme optimism into a situation. In other words, there should be posts that Davis is going to have Ed Reed like ability. Or, Lynn Scott is going to step right in where Woodson left off. Or, Reese was the best FS on te market and we stole him. Or, teams didn't do their homework on Beriault and he has All Pro written all over him.

In the absence of those kinds of over the top optimism I just don't see where the label "homer" can be applied.

Perhaps "homer" is a synonym for "realist." Where is Roget when I need him?

:rolleyes:

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Nors said:

You still have no idea if the guy would even agree to play FS, so your ongoing lovefest is really quite silly...

Frankly, from the quotes I've read from him and his agent, I find it highly unlikely that he'd sign anywhere that he wasn't allowed to play CB...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://apse.***BANNED-URL***/contest/2003/writing/dailyart/0608parcellsjones.jpg

Jerry: Bill why don't we call Ty Law and see if he will take a reduced rate to play FS for us.
Bill: Ok I will Call

p-5tuna0730_d.jpg

Bill: Hey Ty, this is Bill....great to hear your voice again, great memories...remember that time we put exlax in Kraft's coffee...gave new meaning to the turn mac and cheese hahaha.

Anyways I was wondering...would you consider giving your old coach a discount and coming to play for the cowboys as a FS for a one year incentive laden contract?

1106569343_9690.jpg

Ty: Bill man I am just chilling out with my foot in the air on my little scooter, oh yes I remember doing that to Kraft....now I wish I would have done more to the guy.

To be honest I am still kind of busy trying to get back into shape...I can run but I still got a wicked limp....
But as far as me playing as a FS instead of CB and getting a cheap short term deal with an incentive laden contract.....well I tell you what bill...let me give you this number and you talk to my buddy and He will tell you exactly what I want.

p-5tuna0730_d.jpg

Ok Ty Will do...I will call him as soon as I get off the phone with you....Bye Ty.

(Bill calls the number Ty law gave him)

Bill: Hello...yes Ty told me to call you to see what it would take for him to come and play with his old coach...any way we can get a discount or incentive laden short term contract to play FS for the boys this year....what would it take, what does Ty want?

money.jpg

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

p-5tuna0730_d.jpg

Bill: What was that, I am on a bad connection could you speak up as I did not hear you.

money.jpg

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

Billy-thumb.jpg

Bill: Uh.....I think I got the wrong number...sorry.

080304cowboys.jpg

Jerry: So Bill did you get in touch with Ty Law like we talked about?

Bill: Yep

Jerry: So what are the chances he will come and play for us for what we want to pay him and where we want him to play?

Bill: About as much chance as the 49ers and the Browns playing in this years Superbowl.

~Later in Camp during a PC~

209959.jpg

Jerry to the Press: Right now we think we will go with what we got at FS unless other options open up down the road.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt said:
http://apse.***BANNED-URL***/contest/2003/writing/dailyart/0608parcellsjones.jpg

Jerry: Bill why don't we call Ty Law and see if he will take a reduced rate to play FS for us.
Bill: Ok I will Call

p-5tuna0730_d.jpg

Bill: Hey Ty, this is Bill....great to hear your voice again, great memories...remember that time we put exlax in Kraft's coffee...gave new meaning to the turn mac and cheese hahaha.

Anyways I was wondering...would you consider giving your old coach a discount and coming to play for the cowboys as a FS for a one year incentive laden contract?

1106569343_9690.jpg

Ty: Bill man I am just chilling out with my foot in the air on my little scooter, oh yes I remember doing that to Kraft....now I wish I would have done more to the guy.

To be honest I am still kind of busy trying to get back into shape...I can run but I still got a wicked limp....
But as far as me playing as a FS instead of CB and getting a cheap short term deal with an incentive laden contract.....well I tell you what bill...let me give you this number and you talk to my buddy and He will tell you exactly what I want.

p-5tuna0730_d.jpg

Ok Ty Will do...I will call him as soon as I get off the phone with you....Bye Ty.

(Bill calls the number Ty law gave him)

Bill: Hello...yes Ty told me to call you to see what it would take for him to come and play with his old coach...any way we can get a discount or incentive laden short term contract to play FS for the boys this year....what would it take, what does Ty want?

money.jpg

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

p-5tuna0730_d.jpg

Bill: What was that, I am on a bad connection could you speak up as I did not hear you.

money.jpg

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

Billy-thumb.jpg

Bill: Uh.....I think I got the wrong number...sorry.

080304cowboys.jpg

Jerry: So Bill did you get in touch with Ty Law like we talked about?

Bill: Yep

Jerry: So what are the chances he will come and play for us for what we want to pay him and where we want him to play?

Bill: About as much chance as the 49ers and the Browns playing in this years Superbowl.

~Later in Camp during a PC~

209959.jpg

Jerry to the Press: Right now we think we will go with what we got at FS unless other options open up down the road.
My nominee for Post of the Day....

:lmao: