Just saw Ty Law interview on Espn...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Thats 100% not correct. I root for Dallas to win. But to not address a GLARING weakness demands and deserves scrutiny. Just like not addressing RCB and FS last year daggered this team.

Luckily the glaring holes are significantly less this year after FA and draft. Last years scrubs are quickly being replaced! Gurode, Singleton, RCB circus act, DE, NT, smurf LB's being snuffed. Change is good and NEEDED, STILL at FS.

Law still unsigned - Fact!
I NEVER said you don't root for Dallas to win. I said you care less about that than you do thumping your own chest. There is a difference.

I agree with you 100% on the glaring hole demanding scrutiny. I never said I didn't. Nor did anyone else. People on here discuss FS every day. You're just upset because no one thinks you idea is realistic. Boo hoo.

The solution you are offering, and get upset about when no one jumps on your teeter totter, is one that simply has too many flaws to seriously consider.

1. Law is not a FS and FS is our glaring need. There is no proof he could excell at FS or even help at FS. I know you though. If we struggle at FS you're going to tell everyone how right you were all along. There will be no proof to support you at all and you'll thump your chest like King Kong. We have RCB last year as proof.

2. Jerry and Bill do not want to cap strap the team for coming years while Law is on record as saying he thinks he will be the best CB in the NFL in 2005 and deserves to be recognized as such. In other words he wants to receive Champ Bailey type of money not the "Parcells friendly deal" that has not been offered and won't be. Your perfect scenario was hatched in Fantasyland while everyone else is talking about the real world and what solutions are available.

I don't know many who think FS isn't an issue. Most here agree that it is. They've been charitable to your Law sermon so far but they are tiring of it because there's nothing new or relevant.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Here is some more from that recognized BS factory known as PFT:

LAW LIMPED THROUGH JAGS WORKOUT

As the folks at ESPN do everything they can to help cornerback Ty Law find a sucker . . . um . . . team, that is, to pay him an exorbitant salary based not on future potential but past performance with another squad, we're hearing that Law still has a long way to go to get the kind of payday he thinks he deserves.

Word is that Law, who openly pegs himself at 85 percent less than a month before the opening of training camps, limped through last month's workout for the Jaguars.

It's not a good sign for the former Pro Bowler, who suffered a serious foot injury months after refusing a long-term offer from the Pats that, in hindsight, would have given him a lot more coin than he stands to get elsewhere.

We're standing on our prediction that Law ultimately will sign a multi-year deal with a huge option or roster bonus due next March and obscene salaries in years two and beyond. That way, the same folks in Bristol who nuzzled Law's package with that weekend interview can spread the word that Law made good on his promise to land a multi-multi-million-dollar deal.

Even if, in the end, he spends only a year in his new city before hitting the open market again.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Waffle said:
Law injured - Fact
Law not a FS - Fact

Last year -

Scott, Dixon, Davis = toast
Izell Reese replaced by a 34 year old CB - Injured Troy Vincent.

Very Likely Law never signs here but he has more FS skills than anything we have. If you ever saw him in person like I have you'd stop getting silly. Ask P Mayton and Irvin, they know!

Law is smart he slides to Parcells and fires Postons.

Regards,
Nors

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander said:

As the folks at ESPN do everything they can to help cornerback Ty Law find a sucker . . . um . . . team, that is, to pay him an exorbitant salary based not on future potential but past performance with another squad, we're hearing that Law still has a long way to go to get the kind of payday he thinks he deserves.

Word is that Law, who openly pegs himself at 85 percent less than a month before the opening of training camps, limped through last month's workout for the Jaguars.

It's not a good sign for the former Pro Bowler, who suffered a serious foot injury months after refusing a long-term offer from the Pats that, in hindsight, would have given him a lot more coin than he stands to get elsewhere.

We're standing on our prediction that Law ultimately will sign a multi-year deal with a huge option or roster bonus due next March and obscene salaries in years two and beyond. That way, the same folks in Bristol who nuzzled Law's package with that weekend interview can spread the word that Law made good on his promise to land a multi-multi-million-dollar deal.

Even if, in the end, he spends only a year in his new city before hitting the open market again.

Clowns,

Law now running with track star Kersee. He's worth a Vet min deal at incentive options only.

Will he take that to play for Parcells, looks like he's got no options!

:p:

Sandman52

Reaction score
Nors, as a Michigan fan, I'd love to see Law with the Star on his helmet. Unfortunately, we'd really need Law to show an extreme loyalty to Bill.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
http://apse.***BANNED-URL***/contest/2003/writing/dailyart/0608parcellsjones.jpg

Jerry: Bill why don't we call Ty Law and see if he will take a reduced rate to play FS for us.
Bill: Ok I will Call

p-5tuna0730_d.jpg

Bill: Hey Ty, this is Bill....great to hear your voice again, great memories...remember that time we put exlax in Kraft's coffee...gave new meaning to the turn mac and cheese hahaha.

Anyways I was wondering...would you consider giving your old coach a discount and coming to play for the cowboys as a FS for a one year incentive laden contract?

1106569343_9690.jpg

Ty: Bill man I am just chilling out with my foot in the air on my little scooter, oh yes I remember doing that to Kraft....now I wish I would have done more to the guy.

To be honest I am still kind of busy trying to get back into shape...I can run but I still got a wicked limp....
But as far as me playing as a FS instead of CB and getting a cheap short term deal with an incentive laden contract.....well I tell you what bill...let me give you this number and you talk to my buddy and He will tell you exactly what I want.

p-5tuna0730_d.jpg

Ok Ty Will do...I will call him as soon as I get off the phone with you....Bye Ty.

(Bill calls the number Ty law gave him)

Bill: Hello...yes Ty told me to call you to see what it would take for him to come and play with his old coach...any way we can get a discount or incentive laden short term contract to play FS for the boys this year....what would it take, what does Ty want?

money.jpg

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

p-5tuna0730_d.jpg

Bill: What was that, I am on a bad connection could you speak up as I did not hear you.

money.jpg

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

Billy-thumb.jpg

Bill: Uh.....I think I got the wrong number...sorry.

080304cowboys.jpg

Jerry: So Bill did you get in touch with Ty Law like we talked about?

Bill: Yep

Jerry: So what are the chances he will come and play for us for what we want to pay him and where we want him to play?

Bill: About as much chance as the 49ers and the Browns playing in this years Superbowl.

~Later in Camp during a PC~

209959.jpg

Jerry to the Press: Right now we think we will go with what we got at FS unless other options open up down the road.
very funny BP,lots of spare time ;) :D

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Sandman52 said:
Nors, as a Michigan fan, I'd love to see Law with the Star on his helmet. Unfortunately, we'd really need Law to show an extreme loyalty to Bill.

Law needs a talking too like Walls, Woodson and make the transition to FS. Extend his career and he has PRO bOWL YEARS AHEAD OF HIM THERE!

CB at 32 and off injury he's going to go South as a premier CB. Makes total sense to me.... Postons and Ego dagger this UNFORTUNATELY.

Newman, Henry, Law, Roy and Glenn as Nickel. Thats sick.

I'll take any and all heat for lobbying for that upgrade. I'm just not wrong on that lineup - clearly.

Alexander

Reaction score
Nors said:
Newman, Henry, Law, Roy and Glenn as Nickel. Thats sick.

I'll take any and all heat for lobbying for that upgrade. I'm just not wrong on that lineup - clearly.

Nors, that is a great looking lineup.

But the sad reality is that is won't happen.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Nors, that is a great looking lineup.

But the sad reality is that is won't happen.

I agree - totally backed off of late as odds are remote that Law will see the light and take a Parcells discount. But door not yet closed so it lingers.

I will debate Law is an upgrade at a reasonable contract over what we have all day every day.

Alexander

Reaction score
Nors said:
I agree - totally backed off of late as odds are remote that Law will see the light and take a Parcells discount. But door not yet closed so it lingers.

I will debate Law is an upgrade at a reasonable contract over what we have all day every day.

And I bet you would get no argument.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Alexander said:

LAW = PUP

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
thats a rag

Could be a PUP, That he is running with Kersee is telling. Drives his bargaining down the uncertainty....Good for us!

Vincent was injured and didn't bench Izell Reese till midseason in Buffalo last year....

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
thats a rag

Could be a PUP, That he is running with Kersee is telling. Drives his bargaining down the uncertainty....Good for us!

Vincent was injured and didn't bench Izell Reese till midseason in Buffalo last year....
PFT or not, I saw for myself that he was limping on that ESPN interview. Yes, he was running and cutting, but whenever he stopped and had to walk normal, he had a small limp.

It'll be awhile for he can catch on with someone and it prolly will be for an inflated one-year deal.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
PFT or not, I saw for myself that he was limping on that ESPN interview. Yes, he was running and cutting, but whenever he stopped and had to walk normal, he had a small limp.

It'll be awhile for he can catch on with someone and it prolly will be for an inflated one-year deal.

Thanks - that bolsters my contention he MAY end up here!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
Thanks - that bolsters my contention he MAY end up here!
If u say so... :rolleyes:

I'm of the opinion that he won't be coming here, outside of the fact that the 'boys haven't shown any interest to date, he'll prolly still want more than the 'boys will want to pay...

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Nors said:
thats a rag

Yeah, I agree with you about PFT being a rag. I was actually not too happy Florio ran that story...it hurts my credibility since I've been predicting for weeks now that Law's foot injury is much more serious than he and his agents are telling people.