Just saw Ty Law interview on Espn...

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Nice to see you post sir...hope you are doing well. :cool:

Doing fine Sir....been out of town for a couple of weeks. Thanks for asking.

I'm ready for TC. :bang2:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40 said:
Doing fine Sir....been out of town for a couple of weeks. Thanks for asking.

I'm ready for TC. :bang2:

Yes I am ready for TC as well.
Some things are driving me nuts :)

Trophy#6

Reaction score
Yknow what, his price tag might actually be worth it for a year or two, even if he's not a guaranteed starter...the experiance he could bring to our young guys just might be worth it in the long run. Henry could definatly use it and so could even Newman when you come right down to it- hell he might even beable to help Roy in his coverage skills some. He's a winner, he's been to Super Bowls, he's a proven Pro Bowler- tell me this team couldn't use some more of what he's made of. We need the old experianced "winners" just as much as we need the old experianced "losers" we already have. If we can justify $5m a year on some one like Henry, goddang we should beable to afford that kind of money on a real player too...even if his greatest contribution can be experiance. Lets get him and "teach this secondary how to fish".

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trophy#6 said:
Yknow what, his price tag might actually be worth it for a year or two, even if he's not a guaranteed starter...the experiance he could bring to our young guys just might be worth it in the long run. Henry could definatly use it and so could even Newman when you come right down to it- hell he might even beable to help Roy in his coverage skills some. He's a winner, he's been to Super Bowls, he's a proven Pro Bowler- tell me this team couldn't use some more of what he's made of. We need the old experianced "winners" just as much as we need the old experianced "losers" we already have. If we can justify $5m a year on some one like Henry, goddang we should beable to afford that kind of money on a real player too...even if his greatest contribution can be experiance. Lets get him and "teach this secondary how to fish".
All that you described we needed is provided by Aaron Glenn. Did you forget about him? He's been to the SB. He's a former Pro Bowler. And he's been a true lockerroom leader from NY to Houston. I think we have your requirements covered. Am I missing something? Just curious... :confused:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Oh hell yeah that was the post of the day.

I spit Lays BBQ potato chips all over my desk.

Author, author.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
If we do not address FS, can't wait to see Lynn Scott and Izell Reese chasing their tails again.

Heck, we got Beryy-O to back them up in a pinch!

Scott sucks, Reese was beaten out by an injured Troy Vincent and sucks too.

Law a long shot? You bet.
Door not closed yet. He may have no options in the next few weeks......

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
http://apse.***BANNED-URL***/contest/2003/writing/dailyart/0608parcellsjones.jpg

Jerry: Bill why don't we call Ty Law and see if he will take a reduced rate to play FS for us.
Bill: Ok I will Call

p-5tuna0730_d.jpg

Bill: Hey Ty, this is Bill....great to hear your voice again, great memories...remember that time we put exlax in Kraft's coffee...gave new meaning to the turn mac and cheese hahaha.

Anyways I was wondering...would you consider giving your old coach a discount and coming to play for the cowboys as a FS for a one year incentive laden contract?

1106569343_9690.jpg

Ty: Bill man I am just chilling out with my foot in the air on my little scooter, oh yes I remember doing that to Kraft....now I wish I would have done more to the guy.

To be honest I am still kind of busy trying to get back into shape...I can run but I still got a wicked limp....
But as far as me playing as a FS instead of CB and getting a cheap short term deal with an incentive laden contract.....well I tell you what bill...let me give you this number and you talk to my buddy and He will tell you exactly what I want.

p-5tuna0730_d.jpg

Ok Ty Will do...I will call him as soon as I get off the phone with you....Bye Ty.

(Bill calls the number Ty law gave him)

Bill: Hello...yes Ty told me to call you to see what it would take for him to come and play with his old coach...any way we can get a discount or incentive laden short term contract to play FS for the boys this year....what would it take, what does Ty want?

money.jpg

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

p-5tuna0730_d.jpg

Bill: What was that, I am on a bad connection could you speak up as I did not hear you.

money.jpg

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

Billy-thumb.jpg

Bill: Uh.....I think I got the wrong number...sorry.

080304cowboys.jpg

Jerry: So Bill did you get in touch with Ty Law like we talked about?

Bill: Yep

Jerry: So what are the chances he will come and play for us for what we want to pay him and where we want him to play?

Bill: About as much chance as the 49ers and the Browns playing in this years Superbowl.

~Later in Camp during a PC~

209959.jpg

Jerry to the Press: Right now we think we will go with what we got at FS unless other options open up down the road.
:laugh1: :laugh1: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
If we do not address FS, can't wait to see Lynn Scott and Izell Reese chasing their tails again.

Heck, we got Beryy-O to back them up in a pinch!

Scott sucks, Reese was beaten out by an injured Troy Vincent and sucks too.

Law a long shot? You bet.
Door not closed yet. He may have no options in the next few weeks......
That right there sums up why people give you so much grief Nors. You care less about the team than you do about thumping your own chest.

If those guys struggle it will NOT mean that Ty Law could have solved our problems at FS. But I already know that is exactly how you'll try and spin it.

Law is not a FS and wants big money to play CB. He simply does not fill a need here. You can ignore the facts all you want. Doesn't make them any less clear.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Hostile said:
That right there sums up why people give you so much grief Nors. You care less about the team than you do about thumping your own chest.

If those guys struggle it will NOT mean that Ty Law could have solved our problems at FS. But I already know that is exactly how you'll try and spin it.

Law is not a FS and wants big money to play CB. He simply does not fill a need here. You can ignore the facts all you want. Doesn't make them any less clear.

And he never mentioned Keith Davis at all. At least Davis is actually signed and on our team and plays the position of Safety.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Lynn Scott in 2004:

42 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT, 2 PD

Ty Law in 2004:

28 tackles, 0 sacks, 1 INT, 2 PD

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
BP, that's excellent work.

The photos were a great touch.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chief said:
BP, that's excellent work.

The photos were a great touch.

TY...
Big compliment from the master of Gold. :cool:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:

Thats 100% not correct. I root for Dallas to win. But to not address a GLARING weakness demands and deserves scrutiny. Just like not addressing RCB and FS last year daggered this team.

Luckily the glaring holes are significantly less this year after FA and draft. Last years scrubs are quickly being replaced! Gurode, Singleton, RCB circus act, DE, NT, smurf LB's being snuffed. Change is good and NEEDED, STILL at FS.

Law still unsigned - Fact!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Lynn Scott in 2004:

42 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT, 2 PD

Ty Law in 2004:

28 tackles, 0 sacks, 1 INT, 2 PD

You can Have Lynn Scott - he totally sucks by NFL starting standards.
Law is a perennial Pro Bowler and has 3 rings.

Next.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Nors said:
Thats 100% not correct. I root for Dallas to win. But to not address a GLARING weakness demands and deserves scrutiny. Just like not addressing RCB and FS last year daggered this team.

Luckily the glaring holes are significantly less this year after FA and draft. Last years scrubs are quickly being replaced! Gurode, Singleton, RCB circus act, DE, NT, smurf LB's being snuffed. Change is good and NEEDED, STILL at FS.

Law still unsigned - Fact!

Law injured - Fact
Law not a FS - Fact

blindzebra

Reaction score
Nors said:
You can Have Lynn Scott - he totally sucks by NFL starting standards.
Law is a perennial Pro Bowler and has 3 rings.

Next.

Scott did not play regularly until week 9, so he played about 7 games, and he put up similar numbers to your injured all pro, that wants TOP CB MONEY.

Next.