Just watched 3 on ESPN....

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
CowboysPrincess said:
Actually, I thought they made DW look milder than he really was back then. If I remember right, he was quite the jerk- a complete opposite of his brother Michael. As for NB, I thought they portrayed him as a good ol boy more than a dufus.

I noticed the hairy #3 and got a laugh out of it. I did notice that a lot of the famous pics of Dale were recreated on the shows scenes. Especially of him and Jr when Jr was a young boy. I've read several books on Dale Sr and Jr including Jrs Autobiography of his rookie year called Driver #8. And the movie was pretty accurate from what I read and remember from those early years.

I'm sorry you didn't get to appreciate him more. He wasn't just a great driver and according to Richard Petty, the best driver in NASCAR history... he was a great innovator in the sport.

Something that surprised me is that I didn't know that Jr was the one that had to tell his daddy about NB's wreck and death.. or that Dale Sr. found his daddy Ralph in the garage dead that way... tough times for the both of them
Jr has an autobiography already????? :rolleyes: