Justin Rascati prospects (ProFootballWeekly)

TheProphet

Benched
Reaction score
Looks like Eric Edholm and some NFL personnel guys agree with me when it comes to the prospects of one Justin Rascati from James Madison University....Like Romo, he's good on his feet, loves to roll out, and makes quick, smart decisions and is very accurate.
Please provide any news on this guy, he could very well be another Romo. JJ and his boys, Stephen and Wade, would be wise to roll the dice on him with a late round pick (or as a priority free agent, although my sources believe he will be drafted by someone in the late rounds).
Thoughts?
Make it a great day!

Pro Football Weekly's Eric Edholm brings you hot news and the inside scoop about the NFL

Catching up on some draft stuff with two personnel guys

So the draft is a mere 10 weeks away …
In football time, that’s a shade longer than a New York minute. I remember doing an ESPN.com chat back in November where about a third of the questions were draft-related. Poor Raiders and Lions fans – it’s such a long wait, isn’t it?
I was buried in by snow today, so I worked from home and made a couple calls to people around the league I haven’t talked to in a while. I asked two personnel guys about the draft. No doubt they were rolling their eyes on the other end of the receiver at my “catching up” questions, but they were more than helpful.
We talked about myriad things, but here were some of the highlights:

Small-school talent is rising. Both men said they thought the group of talent from I-AA and lower-division schools could be among the best they have seen across the board, even if there is no Eric Swann in the draft. Asked for a few names to keep tabs on, the one director threw out Lane WR Jacoby Jones, who could be this year’s Vincent Jackson (a first-day D-II pick); and James Madison’s Justin Rascati, a West Coast-style QB who had a down senior season but could stick as a late-round pick.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
TheProphet;1423045 said:
Looks like Eric Edholm and a NFL personnel guys agree with me when it comes to the prospects of one Justin Rascati from James Madison University....Please provide any news on this guy, he could very well be another Romo. JJ and his boy would be wise to roll the dice on him with a late round pick.
Make it a great day!

<H2 id=banner-description>Pro Football Weekly's Eric Edholm brings you hot news and the inside scoop about the NFL</H2>

Catching up on some draft stuff with two personnel guys

So the draft is a mere 10 weeks away …
In football time, that’s a shade longer than a New York minute. I remember doing an ESPN.com chat back in November where about a third of the questions were draft-related. Poor Raiders and Lions fans – it’s such a long wait, isn’t it?
I was buried in by snow today, so I worked from home and made a couple calls to people around the league I haven’t talked to in a while. I asked two personnel guys about the draft. No doubt they were rolling their eyes on the other end of the receiver at my “catching up” questions, but they were more than helpful.
We talked about myriad things, but here were some of the highlights:

Small-school talent is rising. Both men said they thought the group of talent from I-AA and lower-division schools could be among the best they have seen across the board, even if there is no Eric Swann in the draft. Asked for a few names to keep tabs on, the one director threw out Lane WR Jacoby Jones, who could be this year’s Vincent Jackson (a first-day D-II pick); and James Madison’s Justin Rascati, a West Coast-style QB who had a down senior season but could stick as a late-round pick.
Thanks for the article, brother. We need depth behind Romo besides the rag armed B. Johnson. I'm hoping we draft John Beck.

adamknite

Reaction score
TheProphet;1423045 said:
James Madison’s Justin Rascati, a West Coast-style QB who had a down senior season but could stick as a late-round pick.

:rolleyes:

TheProphet

Benched
Reaction score
adamknite;1423052 said:

JMU was a run-first team. Rascati can play more than just a west coast style offense, just as all good QB's can. Give me a break.

TheProphet

Benched
Reaction score
philo beddoe;1423050 said:
Thanks for the article, brother. We need depth behind Romo besides the rag armed B. Johnson. I'm hoping we draft John Beck.

I'd be okay with either Beck or Rascatti. JJ and his boys need to get the draft selection for a QB right.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
TheProphet;1423054 said:
JMU was a run-first team. Rascati can play more than just a west coast style offense, just as all good QB's can. Give me a break.

Have you seen him play any other type O other than the West Coast O?

If not, then give me a break.

adamknite

Reaction score
TheProphet;1423054 said:

again...... :rolleyes:

TheProphet

Benched
Reaction score
Cbz40;1423057 said:

As a matter of fact I've actually seen the guy play on numerous occasions. They won the national title with the guy. They use a ball control, run offense for the most part. When they did pass, Rascatti delivered big time. The author was merely pointing out his style. Like Romo, he's good on his feet, loves to roll out, and makes quick, smart decisions and is very accurate.
Obviously you have not seen him play.

TheProphet

Benched
Reaction score
adamknite;1423060 said:
again...... :rolleyes:

Keep an open mind friend. I have no doubt you would have dismissed Romo a few years ago as poppycock. LOL.
Anyway, just thought I'd share the information with the open minded folks on this board. Sorry, but I'll trust the opinions of guys who have actually seen him played and a couple of NFL personnel guys over yours any day of the week.

adamknite

Reaction score
TheProphet;1423062 said:
As a matter of fact I've actually seen the guy play on numerous occasions. They won the national title with the guy. They use a ball control, run offense. The author was merely pointing out his style. Like Romo, he's good on his feet, loves to roll out, and makes quick, smart decisions and is very accurate.

Maybe if you would say things like this in your first post, and give us reasons why the guy is good, then maybe people would take you seriously and maybe even want to draft the guy too. All the original post said was "Justin R(whatever) west coast QB who had a bad senior year could be worth something" How are people supposed to know how good he is from that?

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
Cbz40;1423057 said:

Most QB's can play in more than one system. Face it, Romo is no "mad bomber" himself. The low percentage long ball is overrated. Keep the chains moving & score, that's the key.;)

TheProphet

Benched
Reaction score
adamknite;1423077 said:
Maybe if you would say things like this in your first post, and give us reasons why the guy is good, then maybe people would take you seriously and maybe even want to draft the guy too. All the original post said was "Justin R(whatever) west coast QB who had a bad senior year could be worth something" How are people supposed to know how good he is from that?

Fair enough my friend. I'll edit right now and will note your "friendly" advice. LOL. Thanks

adamknite

Reaction score
TheProphet;1423070 said:
Keep an open mind friend. I have no doubt you would have dismissed Romo a few years ago as poppycock. LOL.
Anyway, just thought I'd share the information with the open minded folks on this board. Sorry, but I'll trust the opinions of guys who have actually seen him played and a couple of NFL personnel guys over yours any day of the week.

Actually I liked the pickup of Romo a few years ago. I didn't expect him to be our starting ProBowl QB, but I didn't think it was an absurd signing. I thought he was a good prospect as a career backup from all the reports I found on him after we signed him.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
TheProphet;1423062 said:
As a matter of fact I've actually seen the guy play on numerous occasions. They won the national title with the guy. They use a ball control, run offense for the most part. When they did pass, Rascatti delivered big time. The author was merely pointing out his style. Like Romo, he's good on his feet, loves to roll out, and makes quick, smart decisions and is very accurate.
He's a transfer from Lousville who wanted to play, not sit behind Brohm. He made a wise decision going to Madison.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
adamknite;1423077 said:
I think he'll be a priority UDFA, not a draft pick. Someone will be lucky to get the guy, I think he'll stick with the club that gets him.:)

TheProphet

Benched
Reaction score
philo beddoe;1423080 said:
Most QB's can play in more than one system. Face it, Romo is no "mad bomber" himself. The low percentage long ball is overrated. Keep the chains moving & score, that's the key.;)

Thanks for the explanation guy. You are absolutely correct. Sad how some simply dismiss any opinions or thoughts without even bothering to research the facts. Rascatti is a player.

TheProphet

Benched
Reaction score
adamknite;1423083 said:
Actually I liked the pickup of Romo a few years ago. I didn't expect him to be our starting ProBowl QB, but I didn't think it was an absurd signing. I thought he was a good prospect as a career backup from all the reports I found on him after we signed him.

If you liked Romo, I guarantee you will like what you see in Rascatti. Research the guy.
Make it a great day!

adamknite

Reaction score
TheProphet;1423081 said:
Fair enough my friend. I'll edit right now and will note your "friendly" advice. LOL. Thanks

See my friend, people on this board don't just go around bashing people for no reason. When you give honest insightfull opinions on your subject matter even if they disagree with you, they'll atleast give them a thought and not immediatly dismiss it. There's plenty of players this offseason that I had never heard of and people on this board convinced me that they'd be good pickups by giving solid arguments not just one line of an article that said he may be worth something.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
TheProphet;1423090 said:
If you liked Romo, I guarantee you will like what you see in Rascatti. Research the guy.
Make it a great day!
Copy that, brother. I'll read up on your boy.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
TheProphet;1423087 said:
Thanks for the explanation guy. You are absolutely correct. Sad how some simply dismiss any opinions or thoughts without even bothering to research the facts. Rascatti is a player.

You no what's sad? People that open a thread, throw garbage against the wall and hope it sticks.

If you want to sell me on a player.....then sell me w/facts not just your opinion. Opinions from you, me, or anyone else is not going to sell me on any player. Show me w/facts, if you are going to sell......then sell.