Video: Justin Tuck Discussing Playing Against L. Allen

honyock

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, that was great!

How to know you've had a successful play against Larry Allen: "At least they didn't score. And you're alive." Awesome stuff. And Tuck was a great sport about the whole thing.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, that was great!

How to know you've had a successful play against Larry Allen: "At least they didn't score. And you're alive." Awesome stuff. And Tuck was a great sport about the whole thing.

I never expected to see that. I was watching it live and just so happened to hear it and laughed harder than I had in a long time. I was honestly surprised it wasn't posted yet since it came on Monday.

AtlCB

Reaction score
Justin Tuck said he wouldn't be able to sleep after bringing back that memory was hilarious.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I used to get such a kick out of seeing Larry explode into an opposing lineman and send him flying.

Knotamus

Reaction score
let the Legend of Allen live on forever. too bad Poppinga played Allen at the end of his career.

Last edited:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Interesting since Tuck caught LA on the tail in of his career while he was a 49er and well past his prime. Only played him once in 07 in fact

John813

Reaction score
Man, I miss watching Allen play.

Dude was a beast. Even in his 30's he was a bad man on the field.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
If his draft class was redone today....he would be the #1 overall pick

Ironically......I think the success of Larry Allen and Erik Williams as players picked outside of the first round...shaped the cowboys attitude towards using 1st round picks on olineman...and that attitude set this franchise back. We are NOW built right....and using 1st round picks on olineman is the biggest reason why. It also goes without saying that picking the RIGHT player helps

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Great insight from the trenches! LA deserves to be mentioned as the best guard of all time...there is a beast and then there is LA...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If his draft class was redone today....he would be the #1 overall pick

Ironically......I think the success of Larry Allen and Erik Williams as players picked outside of the first round...shaped the cowboys attitude towards using 1st round picks on olineman...and that attitude set this franchise back. We are NOW built right....and using 1st round picks on olineman is the biggest reason why. It also goes without saying that picking the RIGHT player helps

Yes, Jerry said in an interview last year that because they didn't have any 1st round picks on the early nineties OLines that he didn't want to draft one in the 1st afterwards. He obviously changed his mind with the Tyron pick and it's been the key to turning the team around.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The part about playing against Larry Allen starts at the 2:00 mark. Its absolutely hilarious.

Nice. I had not seen this this one with Tuck.

Here are similar comments by John Randle (Randle at about 3:50).

chagus

Reaction score
As much as I love our current OL, I'd take Larry over any of them in a heartbeat. Opposing DL straight up feared him because they knew he would embarrass them all game.

I think that goes without saying. Larry was what happens when an immovable object IS an unstoppable force.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love this thread and all the video in it. I remember the Saints game as if it was yesterday.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Really enjoyable video. I'd hate to have been a DT hearling the "wooo wooo". lol