Video: Justin Tuck Discussing Playing Against L. Allen

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Yes, Jerry said in an interview last year that because they didn't have any 1st round picks on the early nineties OLines that he didn't want to draft one in the 1st afterwards. He obviously changed his mind with the Tyron pick and it's been the key to turning the team around.

I did not know he ADMITTED that....but I just look at the results...and it looked STRATEGIC to me....when you consider how little we invested in the OL over the last 15 years

I will not turn this thread into "let's evaluate Jerry as a GM". But if he said that...which reflects his attitude...it speak directly to his qualifications as a GM. It screams "I don't know what I am doing...so I will just do what Jimmy did...because 500 coaches could have done what Jimmy did"

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I did not know he ADMITTED that....but I just look at the results...and it looked STRATEGIC to me....when you consider how little we invested in the OL over the last 15 years

I will not turn this thread into "let's evaluate Jerry as a GM". But if he said that...which reflects his attitude...it speak directly to his qualifications as a GM. It screams "I don't know what I am doing...so I will just do what Jimmy did...because 500 coaches could have done what Jimmy did"

They did manage to put together a decent OL during the Wade Phillips time frame. They made some bad 2nd and 3rd round picks, even when Parcells was here like Jacob Rogers which exerbated the problem of not drafting 1st rounders.