K Greg Zuerlein definitely on the hot seat with Dallas Cowboys owner/GM Jerry Jones

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

The lies aren’t coming from me. Greg Zuerlein is 28 for 34. That’s far from terrible. Hajrullahu is 3 for 4. That’s his NFL career total and you would rather go with him in the playoffs. :facepalm:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The lies aren’t coming from me. Greg Zuerlein is 28 for 34. That’s far from terrible. Hajrullahu is 3 for 4. That’s his NFL career total and you would rather go with him in the playoffs. :facepalm:
Keep on covering up for your boy. He's going to cost the Cowboys in the playoffs like he has cost him this season. Make sure you show up and own it when it happens.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Keep on covering up for your boy. He's going to cost the Cowboys in the playoffs like he has cost him this season. Make sure you show up and own it when it happens.

Zuerlein has a lot of experience kicking under pressure in NFL games. We’ve gone too far with him this season to move on now. If we were going to make a change we should’ve done it a few games ago. He saved us a couple of times in do or die moments. He’s missed some kicks and PATs and I’m not that comfortable with him either but I feel a lot better about him than a kicker who’s 3 of 4 in their entire NFL career. You can’t bank on a guy like that in the playoffs.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Zuerlein has a lot of experience kicking under pressure in NFL games. We’ve gone too far with him this season to move on now. If we were going to make a change we should’ve done it weeks ago. He saved us a couple of times in do or die moments. He’s missed some kicks and PATs and I’m not that comfortable with him either but I feel a lot better about him than a kicker who’s 3 of 4 in their entire NFL career.
Like I said, make sure you own it when Zuerlein costs us in the playoffs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Like I said, make sure you own it when Zuerlein costs us in the playoffs.

If we leave games up to him he may very well cost us. If we continue bogging down in the redzone and have to rely on him we’re going be in trouble anyway. There isn’t any reliable kickers available. They’re all still available for a reason. You simply can’t make a change at kicker heading into the playoffs. No team would ever do that. I don’t know of any team that has.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If we leave games up to him he may very well cost us. If we continue bogging down in the redzone and have to rely on him we’re going be in trouble anyway. There isn’t any reliable kickers available. They’re all still available for a reason. You simply can’t make a change at kicker heading into the playoffs. No team would ever do that. I don’t know of any team that has.
:facepalm:

CCBoy

Reaction score
For special teams, specifically Greg Zuerlein, it is a more specific issue than missing field goals. Since his tenure with the Cowboys began, Zuerlein has not missed a field goal in the fourth quarter, and he is also very accurate in the third quarter. So, the complaint needs to be, stopping missing early field goals and PATs that cost the team in late-game situations.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...matchup-final-regular-season-game-2021-season

fansince68

Reaction score
After the Cowboys 3 point loss to the Cardinals on Sunday night, Dallas Cowboys owner/GM had this to say Tuesday morning about K Greg Zuerlein:

“I think the most important part of a kicker is consistency," Jones said. "And it’s not consistently missing.”

Read why Greg Zuerlein is on Jerry Jone's hot seat...

https://www-si-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/.amp/news/dallas-jerry-jones-greg-zuerlein-kicker-concerns-super-bowl?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw==#aoh=16413653585926&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-jerry-jones-greg-zuerlein-kicker-concerns-super-bowl

PS: Personal note: Jerry Jones should have kept K Lirim Hajrullahu "just in case" because of Greg Zuerlein's inconsistent leg rearing its ugly head once again right as the playoffs are right around the corner. o_O

What do you think about all of this inconsistency at kicker with the playoffs 1 game away from starting?

Discuss...

:popcorn:
"Captain Hooka Kick" almost missed the extra point after Gallups TD catch....:thumbdown:

Reaction score
Nothing to do this year, but they need a serious competition this summer. I'd be willing to part with a late pick to get a kicker who doesn't cost us games. Noah Ruggles out of Ohio State is as close to ice cold as they get. He missed one kick all year. 100% on PATs, & over 95% on FGs. I'd give up a 7th for that kind of assurance.