K Greg Zuerlein definitely on the hot seat with Dallas Cowboys owner/GM Jerry Jones

RonWashington

Reaction score
The whole thing is overblown if you think about it.

Why do we even kick field goals? Because the offense didn't get the job done. Its our consolation prize.
In this case we missed a 3rd and 4 and added a penalty to make it a 3rd and 9.
Didn't make that and ended up with a 43 yard kick.

Not even a Scott Norwood or Billy Cundiff kick.
More like a Roy Gerela first half Super Bowl miss, or a Mike Mercer KC Super Bowl footnote.

He missed a first half attempt. His only attempt of the game. Never got another chance to make up for it unlike the offense that ran 57 plays.

If it were a last second game winner, I'd agree it was bad. It wasn't. Roy Gerela missed first half kick in the Super Bowl.
Pittsburgh still beat Dallas 21 - 17.

So why do you expect more of a $1 million kicker than you do of a $40 million QB, a $20 million WR, and a $15 million RB?
(We ain't alone......only 4 kickers have hit all their XPs and only 6 of the 16 kickers with 30 attempts have hit over 90% of their FGS)

Exactly you hit the nail on the head. I saw the highlights of Detroit Arizona and Goff went over and under that Cardinal defense yet here we are crying over a missed 43 yard FG.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
The pitch option to the running back last few mins was painful to watch . No outside containment .
I need to rewatch that. Dlaw had a bad habit of jumping in the backfield to make a play instead of setting the edge. I'm wondering if it was him. Oh nevermind I remember now. He was screwed from the get go because he had to choose and he chose to stick with Kyler which is understandable.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You’re the one who looks ridiculous and needs to shut up. The other day you were disagreeing with all the experts on a controversial call, claiming it wasn’t controversial and that they were all wrong and now you’re acting like you know more than the FO and coaches. Appears you’re on a mission to make yourself look ridiculous. Mission accomplished! Lol
Hey, Einstein, Hajrullahu has kicked FGs in the NFL.

Go do some research before you post such drivel.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
After the Cowboys 3 point loss to the Cardinals on Sunday night, Dallas Cowboys owner/GM had this to say Tuesday morning about K Greg Zuerlein:

“I think the most important part of a kicker is consistency," Jones said. "And it’s not consistently missing.”

Read why Greg Zuerlein is on Jerry Jone's hot seat...

https://www-si-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/.amp/news/dallas-jerry-jones-greg-zuerlein-kicker-concerns-super-bowl?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw==#aoh=16413653585926&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-jerry-jones-greg-zuerlein-kicker-concerns-super-bowl

PS: Personal note: Jerry Jones should have kept K Lirim Hajrullahu "just in case" because of Greg Zuerlein's inconsistent leg rearing its ugly head once again right as the playoffs are right around the corner. o_O

What do you think about all of this inconsistency at kicker with the playoffs 1 game away from starting?

Discuss...

:popcorn:

better be on hot seat he is direct reason we have lost 2 games this season or more

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I see this coming a mile away

it’s going to take a playoff loss to get rid of Greg

trust me

It’s coming

i hope does not come down to last second FG to determine any of these games that we come out like 2017 Sheagles...no one anywhere expected them to win anything and they mowed down competion once

playoffs started and that is with second string QB and then they put statue of 2nd string QB outside of stadium........time for cowboys to become unleashed

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry may have seen fit to replace Zuerlein a while back if he were pro-active in managing.
Unfortunately, he's averse to change. He's inclined to wait until disaster strikes first! :omg:

Jeepers creepers, there's nothing like waiting until the wheels come off before responding.

Bullflop---i so hate to but must agree 100%

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Now Jerry is not happy? He lost the #2 seed, he could have made bank on two back to back home games, instead now he likely will just get one costing him some $$$$$. Now he interested.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hey, Einstein, Hajrullahu has kicked FGs in the NFL.

Go do some research before you post such drivel.

He never attempted a field goal with us Einstein. Carolina released him after he sent one wide right from 47 yards out and that’s the kicker you want the Cowboys to bank their season on in the playoffs. Lol Go find a hobby because football isn’t for you.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There were times in the past when Greg Zuerlein was consistent, regardless of what was required of him. :)

Seemingly, his body has reached a point whereby it's not capable of allowing his past level of consistency. o_O

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That's would work too, I just know the year he kicked for us I wasn't nervous when he got up there and he did not regularly miss fgs

His career has been hit and miss. The year, he kicked for us was one of his good ones.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
So when he missed a FG or PAT that costs us a playoff game he gets cut...big deal season done. Jerry being Jerry and we bring in some washed up vet in 2022. Wash, rinse, repeat like the last 25 years

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He never attempted a field goal with us Einstein. Carolina released him after he sent one wide right from 47 yards out and that’s the kicker you want the Cowboys to bank their season on in the playoffs. Lol Go find a hobby because football isn’t for you.
Carolina didn't release Hajrullahu for his only FG miss with them. Liar.

Zuerlein has missed several FGs and many extra points. That's the one who should be released. Instead, you want the worse kicker? Go play with jacks.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Carolina didn't release Hajrullahu for his only FG miss with them. Liar.

Zuerlein has missed several FGs and many extra points. That's the one who should be released. Instead, you want the worse kicker? Go play with jacks.

He got released by two NFL teams. There’s a reason he’s available heading into week 18. He literally shanked the field goal he missed with Carolina. Zuerlein has made two do or die kicks with us. You’re claiming Zuerlein is a worst kicker than one who only made 3 of 4 FG attempts. You want the Cowboys playoff chances riding on the foot of a kicker with only 4 NFL FG attempts. Lol The Cowboys know a lot more about Hajrullahu than you. They worked him out and made the decision to let him go. Carolina let him go. Stop wasting my time!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He got released by two NFL teams. There’s a reason he’s available heading into week 18. He literally shanked the field goal he missed with Carolina. Zuerlein has made two do or die kicks with us. You’re claiming Zuerlein is a worst kicker than one who’s only attempted 4 NFL field goals. You want the Cowboys playoff chances riding on the foot of a kicker with only 4 NFL FG attempts. Lol The Cowboys know a lot more about Hajrullahu than you. They worked him out and made the decision to let him go. Carolina let him go. Stop wasting my time!
Once again, you're spreading lies.