K. Richard on shortlist for GB Packers Head Coach

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
We all know Jerry isn't going to get rid of Garrett. Best we can hope for is him making up some title to "promote" him into. Executive of Coaching or something stupid like that may be the only way we get a new coach in there before 2030.

I agree 1000%.. Jerry will keep renewing Garrett's contract.. It doesn't matter if we go 8-8...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I would think Packers would go in a more offensive approach with their coach.......but reading the stories about Rodgers........maybe defensive is the proper way for them to go.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Richard is gone next year as a head coach somewhere. Jerry May wish he had made him HC. But then again JJ never wants a HC with gravitas so it probably would never happen anyway.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I think Richard is gone next year as a head coach somewhere. Jerry May wish he had made him HC. But then again JJ never wants a HC with gravitas so it probably would never happen anyway.
If he lands the GB job, I wouldn't be surprised to see Rodgers boasting a Lombardi in the 19 or 20 season.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I agree largely that obviously it is not pegged to reality, beyond the fact that there are dudes that bet on this stuff and make a living off of it.

There is a reason he is coming in so highly here, and while an opportunity with the Packers is an honor and any coach would be foolish not to consider it, even if this one doesn't come through, he's going to be getting a lot of calls this offseason.

I don't see how we keep him without at least bumping him up to DC.

He’s going to DC regardless, but that won’t mean anything if he gets a legit HC offer. If a team wants to take a chance on him, he’s gone.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
He’s going to DC regardless, but that won’t mean anything if he gets a legit HC offer. If a team wants to take a chance on him, he’s gone.
Let's hope that doesn't happen...

Do you think there is any chance Jerry makes K. Richard co-head coach (has that ever happened in the NFL?) or "promotes" Garrett to an Executive role to bump up Richard? Probably not.... but wishful thinking!

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's hope that doesn't happen...

Do you think there is any chance Jerry makes K. Richard co-head coach (has that ever happened in the NFL?) or "promotes" Garrett to an Executive role to bump up Richard? Probably not.... but wishful thinking!
I was so focused on Richard, that I forgot all about Garrett.:clap:

Titleist

Reaction score
Why would Richard accept a position as our DC when he could certainly get a HC gig with some other team? This league is full of incompetent coaches and desperate GM's/owners who would be happy to place a young, ascending coach in the driver seat.

And no, I do not see a scenario where Garrett gets replaced with Richard.