K Thornton hurt, Gurode 1st team C now

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Kalen Thornton injured his knee in morning practice according to Spags...ware now 1st team...

Andre Gurode moved back to 1st team at C

one of the preseason games they will wear the throwback jersey and helmet

David

Smith22

Reaction score
Freaking knee injuries, I swear. Interesting battle at center.....

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Haven't they been working the centers back and forth? I am guessing it is Gurode's day to work first team, but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
Parcells said in the PC that the centers will move back and forth and it did not mean anything.

calico

Reaction score
any news on the severity of the Thornton's injury?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Dang it. I was pulling for KT to make an impact. If he can make the move to the same postion Ware plays we have another good LB. Hopefully it's a minor strain.

Eddie

Reaction score
I like the depth at Center. I don't want to throw Gurode away. If he sticks on even as a backup Center, I'll be happy. I had high expectations for him, but they never panned out. If his second life is as a Center, then I'm all for it.

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
I see Dre with the help of LA and Rivera, turning into a very good center...I just think Al gets over powered too much....

WittenFan

Reaction score
According to what I heard, Mickey said he was just hobbling a bit. I didn't hear him say specifically that it was a knee but I'm at work and could have missed that. The guy that does the show with Mickey (Bill Jones?) said Kalen was actually limping before practice so make what you will of that.

Mickey said if he had to bet that he thinks they will wear the throwbacks in the Houston pre-season game. He also said to look for them in the Monday Night Commanders game and the Thanksgiving game v. the Broncos.

Mash

Reaction score
The center battle is far from a smoke screen......Gurode has more lead is his butt.....hopefully it doesn't find its way up to his brain.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Eddie said:
I like the depth at Center. I don't want to throw Gurode away. If he sticks on even as a backup Center, I'll be happy. I had high expectations for him, but they never panned out. If his second life is as a Center, then I'm all for it.

When Gurode was drafted part of his profile was that he was versatile and could play center ...

He went early in the draft ... and if he didn't make the team, I'd have to consider him a "bust" ...

But I think he pulls it off at center ...

TheHustler

Reaction score
Gurode at C means we are at least getting MUCH more depth on the OL. Even if he doesn't start he'd dress on game days being able to backup at C and G.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Smith22 said:
....Interesting battle at center.....

I think Al will win the job. I just think Bill wants Al to work for it. From what I can gather, Bill really likes Al. I'm not so sure he feels the same for Gurode (underachiever) who IMO is a huge disappointment thus far.

Nice to 'see' ya Smitty.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
I'm gald WAre is on the first team, now we get so we can do to JJ :D:D:D

Dargonking999, love your posts man but I'm not sure what you're saying here. Can you clarify please?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LeonDixson said:
Dargonking999, love your posts man but I'm not sure what you're saying here. Can you clarify please?

My guess is he wants to see what Ware can do against JJ.

...but who really knows.

;)

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Sarge said:
I think Al will win the job. I just think Bill wants Al to work for it. From what I can gather, Bill really likes Al. I'm not so sure he feels the same for Gurode (underachiever) who IMO is a huge disappointment thus far.

Nice to 'see' ya Smitty.

You may be right, Sarge. BP did say something the other day about wanting a beefier center (which Gurode is), but that could be part of his motivation tactics on Johnson. They both had a reputation for having a little bit of a nasty streak, and that's what I want to see more of out of all of our linemen.