News: Kaepernick-Browns trade would give Cowboys

Proximo

Reaction score
We're probably pretty close to top-ten in terms of winning over the past ten seasons.

In a lot of ways, our fans have become unmoored from reality and they just don't know it.

I think a weird part of the sports fan dynamic (at least for the Cowboys) is that since we don't have a whole lot to feel good about in terms of recent playoff/SB wins, a lot of fans are able gain some weird satisfaction from taking the "I know better than the people who actually run the team" stance.

I took a little break from this place after the SB, and when I started actively browsing the Fan Zone a few days ago I was surprised (probably shouldn't have been) at how most of the threads were littered with legit lame-*** jokes and jabs directed towards Jerry, Jason, etc. While simultaneously slobbering over every other teams' FA acquisitions.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Just passing this along fellows, about halfway down the page:

http://fantasy.usatoday.com/news/sport_tag/nfl?source=KFFL

Colin Kaepernick hesitant to join Browns

"Additionally, if the Denver Broncos offered Kaepernick the same contract the Browns have offered him, he would likely sign without hesitation. The 49ers and Broncos are still not on the same terms as far as a trade offer, however. Denver is believed to have offered their third-round pick (94th overall), but San Francisco is probably trying to obtain Denver’s second-round pick (63rd overall)."

What QB wouldn't be hesitant to join the Browns? lol That organization has been a graveyard for QBs since Bernie Kosar was released in 1993. The more Kap keeps hearing about trade rumors to Cleveland the better staying in SF is going to look to him.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think a weird part of the sports fan dynamic (at least for the Cowboys) is that since we don't have a whole lot to feel good about in terms of recent playoff/SB wins, a lot of fans are able gain some weird satisfaction from taking the "I know better than the people who actually run the team" stance.

I took a little break from this place after the SB, and when I started actively browsing the Fan Zone a few days ago I was surprised (probably shouldn't have been) at how most of the threads were littered with legit lame-*** jokes and jabs directed towards Jerry, Jason, etc. While simultaneously slobbering over every other teams' FA acquisitions.

You also don't see how much of that crap we clean up. I'd we didn't, you couldn't browse without waders.

Some of it gets really bad.

cml750

Reaction score
You also don't see how much of that crap we clean up. I'd we didn't, you couldn't browse without waders.

Some of it gets really bad.

What is the definition of really bad???

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is the definition of really bad???

Probably not anything you'd have a huge problem with. Run-of-the-mill repetitive whining, carping, and the general manufacturing of things to pretend to be miserable about.

Most of what gets removed is removed because it's either a, insulting or insensitive to other posters, b, aimed at riling up the community or c, explicitly aimed at derailing the topic of the thread.

cml750

Reaction score
Probably not anything you'd have a huge problem with. Run-of-the-mill repetitive whining, carping, and the general manufacturing of things to pretend to be miserable about.

Most of what gets removed is removed because it's either a, insulting or insensitive to other posters, b, aimed at riling up the community or c, explicitly aimed at derailing the topic of the thread.

Never mind. Deleted!!!!

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score

If it's true then let it ride, derailing or off topic is one thing, the truth even if too soon or too much, is still relevant.

Distinguish and separate opinion reality from actuality.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If it's true then let it ride, derailing or off topic is one thing, the truth even if too soon or too much, is still relevant.

Distinguish and separate opinion reality from actuality.

Lol. We don't remove opinions that are truthful and on topic. Too much truth, too soon, isn't exactly an issue in sports forums after 4-12.