News: Kaepernick-Browns trade would give Cowboys

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Stephen can say all he wants but he makes no personel decisions. Jerry has said this in the past. Stephens primary job is to negotiate contracts. Get to know the team you root for and you save urself the headaches of who not to listen to.

You are cherry picking who and what should be listened to and it's obvious why. You have been against QB at 4 the entire time. Like I said, convenient.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
You are cherry picking who and what should be listened to and it's obvious why. You have been against QB at 4 the entire time. Like I said, convenient.

How is it cherry picking when Jerry has said he doesnt see a Qb at 4. You just cant accept it. Thats convenient. Well i guess you can say inconvenient for you lol since its jerrys words

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Okay lol. We are going to pretend like the Browns haven't been desperate enough in the past to just use all of their 1st round picks on QB's......now that they pass up on the busts they are inept lol. Which they have been but fact is in years past they have had no problem drafting QB's. And they've always settled for what was there rather than pass on anyone. They didn't have the top pick when Luck came out. Or when Cam came out. They have the top picks when the QB's suck lol.

Ok. So the Cowboys finally get a shot at drafting a QB with a top 5 pick, and fans are
already ready to dismiss the this year's QB class. Nobody knows if the QB's this year will suck. No one.

The Boys may or may not use their first pick on a QB. That too is a given. I'll tell ya this much, I'm excited. The anticipation of which direction we'll go is building each day.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Ok. So the Cowboys finally get a shot at drafting a QB with a top 5 pick, and fans are
already ready to dismiss the this year's QB class. Nobody knows if the QB's this year will suck. No one.

The Boys may or may not use their first pick on a QB. That too is a given. I'll tell ya this much, I'm excited. The anticipation of which direction we'll go is building each day.

Yeah I don't get it! I think some people want to hold on to the Romo years as much as they can and they don't even want to think about the next QB.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
How is it cherry picking when Jerry has said he doesnt see a Qb at 4. You just cant accept it. Thats convenient. Well i guess you can say inconvenient for you lol since its jerrys words

Its cherry picking because Stephen said something completely contradictory yet you want to completely ignore it. You don't know anymore than anyone else here, regardless of how much you act like you do.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Most were all saying this was a weak QB class during the college football season and immediately after it. Now after the Senior bowl and some pro days Wentz has become Andrew luck in the eyes of some. We see it every year where at least one or two QBs emerge into top 10 picks after a few workouts. Mike Mayock said he didn't think all that much of Wentz but his senior bowl and workouts really opened his eyes. Too much stock is put into workouts it's sways teams and they end up getting screwed.

Heard some pro day reports the other day and they talked about how poised some of these QBs looked. Easy to look poised when they're not facing a pass rush and are throwing to receivers that aren't being covered. Bridgewater had a bad pro day and has become a solid starting NFL QB while Manziel had a good pro day and is currently looking for a team.

Exactly. I remember the experts saying something about Bridgewater having small kneecaps lol.

Where do you go if you are the Cowboys?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah, that would be uh talent evaluation.

I don't give a rat's behind what the Cleveland Browns think of this QB class.

You don't have too. I was more so saying what I think most of the NFL thinks about this QB class. Chargers aren't thinking about taking one. We don't know what the Cowboys are thinking.

And Kaepernick at that.

It is Hue Jackson though. He's pretty good with quarterbacks. Excellent job in Cincinnati with AJ McCarron.

I'm surprised they didn't trade for him.

That's another thing....people keep talking about the Browns...this is Hue Jackson. Not the Browns. I'd be trusting his opinion on QBs.....but that being said, he may very well still take a QB with the 2nd overall. None of these guys need to be thrown in on day 1 to start anyway.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And Kaepernick at that.

It is Hue Jackson though. He's pretty good with quarterbacks. Excellent job in Cincinnati with AJ McCarron.

I'm surprised they didn't trade for him.

That's another thing....people keep talking about the Browns...this is Hue Jackson. Not the Browns. I'd be trusting his opinion on QBs.....but that being said, he may very well still take a QB with the 2nd overall. None of these guys need to be thrown in on day 1 to start anyway.

Yeah, that would be uh talent evaluation.

I don't give a rat's behind what the Cleveland Browns think of this QB class.

You don't have too. I was more so saying what I think most of the NFL thinks about this QB class. Chargers aren't thinking about taking one. We don't know what the Cowboys are thinking.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Who is Hue Jackson? What has he ever done to make you think he's some great evaluator of college talent?

The Chargers have a slightly younger QB but without a chronic back issue.

You think what the NFL thinks. That's nice. I think what I think. My own opinion of the players. I really don't care what the Cleveland Browns and the great Hue Jackson have to say about it. What they do at 2 won't sway my opinion one way or the other.

btcutter

Reaction score
Interesting plot twist.

If this trade happens does this likely eliminate Cleveland taking a QB in the 1st round?

Could the Cowboys possibly have their choice of QB with the 4th overall pick?

If our scouts like the QB then take him at 4 and not look back. Look at what the FA QBs are making!!! Even back up Chase Daniels making $7 million and Osweiller $18 m?? Imagine in 4-5 yrs FA QB will be over $25 million per!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Who is Hue Jackson? What has he ever done to make you think he's some great evaluator of college talent?

The Chargers have a slightly younger QB but without a chronic back issue.

You think what the NFL thinks. That's nice. I think what I think. My own opinion of the players. I really don't care what the Cleveland Browns and the great Hue Jackson have to say about it. What they do at 2 won't sway my opinion one way or the other.

Joe Flacco and Andy Dalton are pretty good QB's that Hue Jackson has helped develop.

And if this was last years draft and Winston or Mariotta fell to the Chargers they would've drafted one of those guys at #3.

Chargers had no problem drafting Rivers when they had Drew Brees was 25.

I don't think what the NFL thinks. The NFL int his case just reassures me what I already think. These quarterbacks are fine as late 1st rounders. But not top quarterbacks and if they were in any other draft they would be late 1st rounders. But teams just like every year are desperate. Like the year Locker, Ponder and Gabbert went top 10. Like when EJ Manuel went top 20. It never fails. A sucker will be fooled by them I Just hope its not the Cowboys.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Joe Flacco and Andy Dalton are pretty good QB's that Hue Jackson has helped develop.

And if this was last years draft and Winston or Mariotta fell to the Chargers they would've drafted one of those guys at #3.

I don't think what the NFL thinks. The NFL int his case just reassures me what I already think. These quarterbacks are fine as late 1st rounders. But not top quarterbacks and if they were in any other draft they would be late 1st rounders. But teams just like every year are desperate. Like the year Locker, Ponder and Gabbert went top 10. Like when EJ Manuel went top 20. It never fails. A sucker will be fooled by them I Just hope its not the Cowboys.

You said in your previous post Hue Jackson could very well take a QB at 2. Why would the great QB whisperer/talent evaluator take a QB at 2 if they should be late 1st Rd picks?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You said in your previous post Hue Jackson could very well take a QB at 2. Why would the great QB whisperer/talent evaluator take a QB at 2 if they should be late 1st Rd picks?

Because like I said.....I DON'T THINK what the "NFL thinks". I don't know what Jackson will do. He's trading for Kap or he's interested in Kap. No sure if its as a starter and then he will draft a backup to him or what. Or maybe he feel like he can find someone in later rounds.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Come on....you guys really believe the Browns would trade for Kaeperpick and still take a rookie QB @ #2 Overall? Knowing that a mediot said they could, so it must be true.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What does help develop have to do with it? That's coaching. We're talking about talent evaluation. I wouldn't want either as my franchise QB. I highly doubt Hue Jackson was the determining factor in making those picks anyway. You're essentially saying if this career offensive assistant coach tells me these QBs aren't worth it, that's all I need to know.

Doubtful. The Chargers didn't believe in Brees. That's why you move on from your QB when he's healthy and still in his 20's. They did not want to give him that big 2nd contract because they didn't think he was elite.

That was a bad talent evaluation. They should have called Hue Jackson.

Right. And I knew that and I got you to admit that. You think that way so you're creating a scenario in your mind where if the Cleveland friggin Browns pass on a QB that must prove something.

I just beg to differ. I think it means jack squat to how these QBs will play in the pros. Less than nothing.

I believe if the Titans didn't take their QB last year they'd be taking one this year. Just as I still believe Cleveland will.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wouldn't want either as my franchise QB. I highly doubt Hue Jackson was the determining factor in making those picks anyway. You're essentially saying if this career offensive assistant coach tells me these QBs aren't worth it, that's all I need to know.

Doubtful. The Chargers didn't believe in Brees. That's why you move on from your QB when he's healthy and still in his 20's. They did not want to give him that big 2nd contract because they didn't think he was elite.

That was a bad talent evaluation. They should have called Hue Jackson.

I just beg to differ. I think it means jack squat to how these QBs will play in the pros. Less than nothing.

I believe if the Titans didn't take their QB last year they'd be taking one this year. Just as I still believe Cleveland will.

You wouldn't want Dalton or Flacco are your franchise QB but you'd want Goff or Wetnz lol? Never mind those guys were a late 1st rounder and a 2nd round pick....

The Chargers didn't believe in Drew Brees but they offered him a a 50 million dollar contract that was only 10 less than what the Saints offered? But they didn't want him?

Right. And I knew that and I got you to admit that. You think that way so you're creating a scenario in your mind where if the Cleveland friggin Browns pass on a QB that must prove something.

IT does mean something if a team that needs a quarterback and drafts a quarterback NEARLY EVERY YEAR decides they don't want to draft one at the top of the round. That does say something that EVEN the QB hungry Browns would rather trade for a retread. It also says something that the Cowboys have been linked to other players as well.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You wouldn't want Dalton or Flacco are your franchise QB but you'd want Goff or Wetnz lol?

Yes.

Never mind those guys were a late 1st rounder and a 2nd round pick....

1st overall pick, top 5, top 10, late 1st, 2nd thru UDFA. I wouldn't want either player as my franchise QB over the next 10 years. Where am I losing you? Nobody in their right mind would put either in the top tier of QBs. You'd be hard pressed to put them in the next tier. I don't want to settle at QB. If I'm drafting a guy I'm drafting him to potentially be one of the top 10 QBs in the league.

The Chargers didn't believe in Drew Brees but they offered him a a 50 million dollar contract that was only 10 less than what the Saints offered? But they didn't want him?

It was an incentive based deal that Brees turned down because it showed a clear lack of faith in him as the franchise QB. Otherwise he'd be a Charger, Einstein, and they never would have drafted Rivers in the first round.

IT does mean something if a team that needs a quarterback and drafts a quarterback NEARLY EVERY YEAR decides they don't want to draft one at the top of the round. That does say something that EVEN the QB hungry Browns would rather trade for a retread. It also says something that the Cowboys have been linked to other players as well.

Well, I'll give you credit. You have a feel for knowing just when to go all caps.

It means nothing when a team that has shown no ability to find a quality QB doesn't take one at the top of this draft. It only means something when you want it to mean something to drive an agenda you have.

I mean, you're hanging your hat on the scouting eye of Hue Jackson, for crying out loud.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
You think that way so you're creating a scenario in your mind where if the Cleveland friggin Browns pass on a QB that must prove something.

It proves that at least one GM and Front Office devalued this class of QBs out of the 2nd Overall and likely top 15 at best.

Other teams have taken the bait on lesser than Franchise rated QBs in the 1st and much to their surprise - through their lips cut the cold barbed steel but the harder they swam they still could not break free, from the tugging that pulled at their mouth.

I still believe Cleveland will.

Not if they sign C. KaeperPICK!

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes.

1st overall pick, top 5, top 10, late 1st, 2nd thru UDFA. I wouldn't want either player as my franchise QB over the next 10 years. Where am I losing you? Nobody in their right mind would put either in the top tier of QBs. You'd be hard pressed to put them in the next tier. I don't want to settle at QB. If I'm drafting a guy I'm drafting him to potentially be one of the top 10 QBs in the league.

It was an incentive based deal that Brees turned down because it showed a clear lack of faith in him as the franchise QB. Otherwise he'd be a Charger, Einstein, and they never would have drafted Rivers in the first round.

Well, I'll give you credit. You have a feel for knowing just when to go all caps.

It means nothing when a team that has shown no ability to find a quality QB doesn't take one at the top of this draft. It only means something when you want it to mean something to drive an agenda you have.

I mean, you're hanging your hat on the scouting eye of Hue Jackson, for crying out loud.

You're losing me how you wouldn't want a guy who makes the post season every year(Dalton) or a guy who's a Super Bowl winner in Joe Flacco lol. Yikes. But you'd take guys who have done NOTHING lol.

Cowboys gave Sean Lee a incentive based deal did that mean that the Cowboys didn't want Sean Lee? Or what about the incentive based deal they gave McFadden? Guess they signed him and didn't want him.

Einstein.......lol.

So I guess I should hang my hat on your scouting eye?