Kaiser Rolls out notes on Eagles game

Flamma

Reaction score
The big news from the Eagles game wasn’t just the blowout score, it was the defense finally showing up. Why does this defense finally play well in Week 7? Is it Health? Execution? Adrenaline?

Agreed. But like someone else said, they used the words under control. The offense was playing under control IMO. That helped too. But yeah, mainly defense.

Why week 7 for the defense? Could be a lot of things, I'm just hoping it's one of those cases where the defense starts to gel as the season progresses. That would be best case scenario.

Did you notice them starting to double team Quinn after he abused their left tackle? They kept the RB in to help with Quinn instead of letting him go out into a short pattern. That's good because it eliminates him as a check down option.

Fontaine

Reaction score
They showed on the broadcast the defense scheme where we play man on one side and zone on the other. The eagles kept bringing a TE or receiver deep from the zone coverage side to the man side, had we played a better QB I think we would of gotten torched. It looked like it was there quite a few times, had their receivers made the catch or the ball thrown better there was nothing but end zone for their receivers.

This has me fearing the patriots game. Bill will exploit things like this, and if Brady gets time back there, we’re going to get annihilated by the deep ball. The only prayer we’ll have is if tank or Quinn getting pressure on Brady.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Why can't you answer my question about Richard? That Homer rod shoved so far up you can't admit he may be overrated?

Mostly its because you have reached the teenage girl stage of posting in this thread. "RED HEAD BAAAAD" is silly and isn't worth my time.

Also its a stupid premise. Good coaches get fired all the time. Why did Cleveland fire Bill Belichick?

The bottom line is Kris Richard gets paid something like a million dollars a year to coach DBs and he has Lewis 4th on the depth chart. You get paid zero dollars a year to post that Lewis is our best DB but Jason Garrett uses alien mind control rays to keep him on the bench.

Kaiser

Reaction score
LOL. I love it when a concise one-liner sums up a huge swath of what goes on at CZ.

Yeah, like when I had to tell you Golden Tate wasn't a Giant in 2018. Or that OBJ never did anything against Dallas.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Mostly its because you have reached the teenage girl stage of posting in this thread. "RED HEAD BAAAAD" is silly and isn't worth my time.

Also its a stupid premise. Good coaches get fired all the time. Why did Cleveland fire Bill Belichick?

The bottom line is Kris Richard gets paid something like a million dollars a year to coach DBs and he has Lewis 4th on the depth chart. You get paid zero dollars a year to post that Lewis is our best DB but Jason Garrett uses alien mind control rays to keep him on the bench.
What do you get paid to show videos of Heath tackling? Your schoolgirl crush on the man showed. Everything you just said can be applied to you on the subject of Heath. You're just too ignorant to realize it.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Good post as always. we dont always have to agree but you put it out there.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Xavier Woods?

Yeah, I conceded that to @AsthmaField. But I think Safeties are different because a lot of plays are them coming in to deliver a blow and try to knock the ball loose. Lewis is a drag down guy and he isn't a liability, but he is in the discussion of who our worst tackler is.

Kaiser

Reaction score
What do you get paid to show videos of Heath tackling? Your schoolgirl crush on the man showed. Everything you just said can be applied to you on the subject of Heath. You're just too ignorant to realize it.

Whatever Britney.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Did you notice them starting to double team Quinn after he abused their left tackle? They kept the RB in to help with Quinn instead of letting him go out into a short pattern. That's good because it eliminates him as a check down option.

Yeah, that was I was going for in posting that all four starters are healthy and filling their roles. Woods eats up space, Collins disrupts, DLaw plays the run and pass and Quinn kills QBs off the edge. IMO its exactly what Richard and Marinelli designed but the key is all the pieces are healthy enough now to carry out the design.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Yeah, like when I had to tell you Golden Tate wasn't a Giant in 2018. Or that OBJ never did anything against Dallas.

LOL. That was your diversion tactic to claiming the Eli Manning-led Giants were a "much improved team" in these grade school rundowns of yours. Seems tons of posters know you spew crap as evidenced here and then watch you tap dance when you get called out on it. Let's not even talk about that time I busted you lying to support a moronic conspiracy theory and then melted down instead of tap dancing, lol. There's a link to that one: https://cowboyszone.com/threads/i-am-sick-of-one-side-officiating.418118/page-13#post-8609949

Either generate thicker skin or make better points. This is CowboysZone not SafeZone.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
LOL. That was your diversion tactic to claiming the Eli Manning-led Giants were a "much improved team" in these grade school rundowns of yours. Seems tons of posters know you spew crap as evidenced here and then watch you tap dance when you get called out on it. Let's not even talk about that time I busted you lying to support a moronic conspiracy theory and then melted down instead of tap dancing, lol. There's a link to that one: https://cowboyszone.com/threads/i-am-sick-of-one-side-officiating.418118/page-13#post-8609949

Either generate thicker skin or make better points. This is CowboysZone not SafeZone.
LMAO you just busted the valley girl

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Football Outsiders said this after the 2018, based on analysis and stats:

Jeff Heath can not tackle. We noted last year in this space that Heath had more missed tackles (11) than defeats (six). The problem got worse in 2018, as Heath's 22 broken tackles were the second-most allowed in the league. Heath just isn't a starting-caliber strong safety; he's a quality special teams player who has been promoted beyond his skill set.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/four-downs/2019/four-downs-nfc-east

Their analysis for 2017 wasn't much better. Pro Football Focus had him as one of the worst tackling safeties in football as well in 2018.

KD Drummond over at USA Today's Cowboys Wire also said this:

Heath is a fan favorite, as during more lean years of defensive talent he led the club in forced turnovers three seasons in a row. Once those are stripped away, all that’s left is a very athletic player who misses a boatload of tackles in every game. Heath missed 13 tackles in the run game per Pro Football Focus, the most among any safety, then chipped in another six misses in the passing game.

His tackling efficiency among those who played at least 535 defensive snaps was the second-worst in all of football, 63rd out of 64 eligible players.

Heath is not a very good tackler. It's not just random Heath hate here.
Lol they don't like facts. But they watch TAPE!!!! It's comical.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They showed on the broadcast the defense scheme where we play man on one side and zone on the other. The eagles kept bringing a TE or receiver deep from the zone coverage side to the man side, had we played a better QB I think we would of gotten torched. It looked like it was there quite a few times, had their receivers made the catch or the ball thrown better there was nothing but end zone for their receivers.

This has me fearing the patriots game. Bill will exploit things like this, and if Brady gets time back there, we’re going to get annihilated by the deep ball. The only prayer we’ll have is if tank or Quinn getting pressure on Brady.

Thanks for mentioning that.

Collinsworth reviewed it when they returned after the kickoff.

I tend to rewind and review plays during kickoffs and commercials and therefore missed hearing his explanation.

I made a video of it:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Thanks for mentioning that.

Collinsworth reviewed it when they returned after the kickoff.

I tend to rewind and review plays during kickoffs and commercials and therefore missed hearing his explanation.

I made a video of it:

This coming from the same guy that thinks Jourdan Lewis couldn't possibly be in zone against the Jets because the outside corners looked like they were in man. Lol bruh I can't even make these things up.

Kaiser

Reaction score

If you stop making stupid posts like "OBJ killed the Cowboys", I'll stop pointing out they are stupid. The concept isn't hard.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
His link is a different thread, I'm sure you will figure that out a week from now.
Well then if you have evidence to support your position post it. I'll gladly look it over and give an opinion.