Kaiser Rolls out notes on Giants game

Scotman

Reaction score
Randall Cobb is a better player than Cole Beasley, he is also a much better fit for Kellen Moore’s scheme. The issue has always been health, cross your fingers he stays healthy.

I can agree with this but is it all season or as an aging player will cobb have drop off or injury later in the year?

Cobb is actually younger than Beasley.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Not sure I'd call a team that's lost OBJ, Tate to suspension and Landon Collins on defense a "much improved" team versus last year.

OK, I'll bite. How many receptions did Golden Tate have for the Giants last year?

Kaiser

Reaction score
Moore totally fooled me on the Witten TD play, totally thought that was a play to Zeke, was so pleasantly shocked, “we fooled someone!”

Linehan could surprise you, but only by running a variant of some play he had just run 40 times before.

I know a guy in Boise (that has written several books) who knows Moore's Dad well. When Kellen Moore got the QB Coach job I asked him what Kellen is like. He said "He's really smart, you always feel like he is making Chess moves". That played out on the field yesterday, you couldn't predict anything about his game plan and that is very good thing.

Its also twice the advantage in his rookie season as an OC because opponents haven't had an offseason of studying his tendencies.

jrumann59

Reaction score
one of the next games, we will see Dak hit our FB on one of those wheel routes for huge yardage downfield. Its going to happen. The guy is too athletic for a FB and actually, should be used at TE as well.
I think the athleticism with the FB and some of the TE, that H-Back role is going to be huge. Those guys are bigger bodied and can catch unlike the noah brown experiment.

jrumann59

Reaction score
We don't hear a peep out of them, but the first time Dak fumbles Cal Poly will appear ten seconds later.
I have been called a Dak hater. Even though I will give him props when he does well like yesterday. for a game most of the issue I have with him as a NFL QB appear to be gone but and I am cautiously optimistic.

Iago33

Reaction score
I thought Zeke had a much better game than he is being given credit for. He had his longest run of the day (15 yards) erased by a ticky-tack penalty, which would have upped his YPC to 4.85 had it stood, and I thought the holding call he got hit with was just a normal cut block. The drop he had on the in route was bad, but otherwise he still looked like Zeke, even after a long layoff.
If so, then that just underlines how much burst Zeke has lost. Normal Zeke has lost all his quickness and is just a bull now.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
OK, I'll bite. How many receptions did Golden Tate have for the Giants last year?

He was a potential contributor that wasn't available besides the other 2 huge departures I mentioned. How do you figure they're an improved team?

Kaiser

Reaction score
He was a potential contributor that wasn't available besides the other 2 huge departures I mentioned. How do you figure they're an improved team?

The OL, which is the core of the team.

And thanks for clearing up that the difference between the 2019 Giants and the 2018 Giants was a guy playing for the Lions in 2018.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The OL, which is the core of the team.

And thanks for clearing up that the difference between the 2019 Giants and the 2018 Giants was a guy playing for the Lions in 2018.

So much improved OL, not team. Thanks for clearing that up.

"The" difference besides not having an asset available is also the 2 huge departures I mentioned that of course you don't want to touch with a 10-foot pole because it flies in the face of your limited assessment of "much improved."

Kaiser

Reaction score
"The" difference besides not having an asset available is also the 2 huge departures I mentioned that of course you don't want to touch with a 10-foot pole because it flies in the face of your limited assessment of "much improved."

LOL! I can write your replies the minute I post something.

BUT BUT BUT ODELL BECKHAM!! THEY LOST ODELL BECKHAM!!

I'll save you the time and post the yardage OBJ gained against the Cowboys in the last four games over the last two seasons:

Zero
Zero
Zero

So OBJ averaged 13 yards per game over the last two years and the Giants had six players gain more yards receiving than that on Sunday.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
LOL! I can write your replies the minute I post something.

BUT BUT BUT ODELL BECKHAM!! THEY LOST ODELL BECKHAM!!

I'll save you the time and post the yardage OBJ gained against the Cowboys in the last four games over the last two seasons:

Zero
Zero
Zero

So OBJ averaged 13 yards per game over the last two years and the Giants had six players gain more yards receiving than that on Sunday.

Right, so a team that doesn't have Beckham on the field is better than having teams game plan for him while he's on the field. They're a better offense with him even if he's solely used a a decoy. And losing Landon Collins didn't hurt either I'm assuming. Right.

Listen, don't get "offended" when someone offers a counter-opinion to a weak sauce offering like yours. Reminds me of the conspiracy theorists around here who get all bent out of shape because their wild assertions don't just get believed without any kind of proof. Like that time I busted you lying trying to pad some "theory" about Big Bad Goodell giving it to the po' wittle Cowboys. Lol.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Right, so a team that doesn't have Beckham on the field is better than having teams game plan for him while he's on the field. They're a better offense with him even if he's solely used a a decoy.

He WASN'T ON THE FIELD THREE TIMES OUT OF FOUR. His decoy value isn't much when he is walking around the sidelines in sweat pants.

I'm not offended, I just think you are clown with makes clown posts. You constantly make stupid comments like this Golden Tate one, get called on it and then declare victory after you show everyone your backside.

Its not information or analysis, its schtick. And stupid schtick at that.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I'm not offended, I just think you are clown with makes clown posts. You constantly make stupid comments like this Golden Tate one, get called on it and then declare victory after you show everyone your backside.

A clown post like the Giants being "much improved?" Lol. Physician, .... yadda, yadda, yadda.

Still not going to mention Landon Collins either, huh? Especially since we just torched them thru the air. That's the reason you wanted to divert to Tate from the others. They are very clearly not as good a team without those players but your "duh, duh, he wasn't there last year" boondoggle is supposed to erase that fact. Shtick, you say? From a mile away, plebian.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Still not going to mention Landon Collins either, huh?

Clown posters gotta clown post. Collins is a loss but you may (or may not) realize that he was only one of 22 starters on the team. They also signed Free Agents of their own, like that Golden Tate guy you embarrassed yourself over.