Kaiser Rolls out notes on Seahawks game

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I believe that grabbing inside the back of the helmet is still suppose to be a facemask penalty.

This is Correct it doesnt have to be the Facemask its any leveraged grip used from the helmet to drag a player down

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Success has a thousand fathers, defeat is an orphan and some defeats come down to a few very, very basic things.

You aren’t going to win when you are starting two UDFA tackles. Losing Tyron Smith is basically a 7 point swing. Tony Pollard gave Seattle 9 points in his endzone braincramp. Add in execution mistakes because of the lack of a preseason and this game shouldn’t have been close playing against Russell Wilson. Our passing game kept us in the game, which was a minor miracle. But Dallas didn’t get a gift to win it like last week.

Remember Amari Cooper last year saying Gallup was a #1? He was right.

Our DBs were bad yesterday (moreso in the first half) but sometimes you have to look at the long term under the salary cap. Dallas had an upper tier RB in Demarco Murray, who left for a greatly overpaid contract. Dallas signed Darren McFadden and got good production at a bargain rate, then drafted Zeke. For that one year DeMarco was a better player but it was the right move to suffer through one downgraded year instead of overpaying DeMarco. Continuing the analogy, its better over the long term to have Worley at a bargain than to break the bank for Byron Jones. Even if this year is a downgrade.

Jourdan Lewis averaged 2 TFL a season for three years, 2 yesterday. At this point I would gamble on giving the boom-or-bust Lewis more reps at CB with Worley and Carr taking the Free Safety snaps now.

Our 4th WR Cedric Wilson had 107 receiving yards yesterday. Our 4th WR two years ago, Deonte Thompson (who had four starts that year) had 124 yards for the season. We are going to make that kind of upgrade to the defensive back group next year.

Trysten Hill and Antwuan Woods are the backup DTs but better than the starters. Hill got more snaps than Crawford (53 to 39) but Woods got less than Poe (32 – 52).

Glad we listened to fans and cut Dalton Schutz after the first game. Schultz is going to be an average starter, which is fine for a backup that cost us a 4th round pick.

On the swing pass to Zeke that looked like a facemask initially, it was a legal tackle. Why? Because you can grab a player by the back of the helmet but not the shoulder pads. Shouldn’t they amend this rule?

ARTICLE 16. HORSE-COLLAR TACKLE

No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, or grab the jersey at the name plate or above, and pull the runner toward the ground. This does not apply to a runner who is in the tackle box or to a quarterback who is in the pocket.

Great points!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Success has a thousand fathers, defeat is an orphan and some defeats come down to a few very, very basic things.

You aren’t going to win when you are starting two UDFA tackles. Losing Tyron Smith is basically a 7 point swing. Tony Pollard gave Seattle 9 points in his endzone braincramp. Add in execution mistakes because of the lack of a preseason and this game shouldn’t have been close playing against Russell Wilson. Our passing game kept us in the game, which was a minor miracle. But Dallas didn’t get a gift to win it like last week.

Our DBs were bad yesterday (moreso in the first half) but sometimes you have to look at the long term under the salary cap. Dallas had an upper tier RB in Demarco Murray, who left for a greatly overpaid contract. Dallas signed Darren McFadden and got good production at a bargain rate, then drafted Zeke. For that one year DeMarco was a better player but it was the right move to suffer through one downgraded year instead of overpaying DeMarco. Continuing the analogy, its better over the long term to have Worley at a bargain than to break the bank for Byron Jones. Even if this year is a downgrade.

Jourdan Lewis averaged 2 TFL a season for three years, 2 yesterday. At this point I would gamble on giving the boom-or-bust Lewis more reps at CB with Worley and Carr taking the Free Safety snaps now.

Our 4th WR Cedric Wilson had 107 receiving yards yesterday. Our 4th WR two years ago, Deonte Thompson (who had four starts that year) had 124 yards for the season. We are going to make that kind of upgrade to the defensive back group next year.

Trysten Hill and Antwuan Woods are the backup DTs but better than the starters. Hill got more snaps than Crawford (53 to 39) but Woods got less than Poe (32 – 52).

Glad we listened to fans and cut Dalton Schutz after the first game. Schultz is going to be an average starter, which is fine for a backup that cost us a 4th round pick.

On the swing pass to Zeke that looked like a facemask initially, it was a legal tackle. Why? Because you can grab a player by the back of the helmet but not the shoulder pads. Shouldn’t they amend this rule?

No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, or grab the jersey at the name plate or above, and pull the runner toward the ground. This does not apply to a runner who is in the tackle box or to a quarterback who is in the pocket.

ALso yes, I think that should have been a penalty. I have seen helmet grabs like that be called. Also, Coop took a massive blow to the head, and no flags came as a result of that. Dak potentially got tripped at the end. The call on Jaylon was rubbish. However, our secondary has to get better. Dak did his job by getting us in position to take the lead, which Z got us, late in the 4th to make it 31-30 to us. We had a lead late in the 4th. All our D had to do was hold Seattle to a FG or deny them from scoring outright. IF they manage to keep the Hawks to a FG, all Dak has to do is get in FG range, and we probably walk away with a win.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
One of the worst things I noticed when rewatching was our defensive play call on 4th and 3 on the last Seahawks drive. We get that stop, the game is likely over. We rush four and play soft zone and allow Olsen to just lay down in center field.

Have no idea why Nolan didn't at least attempt to bring the heat. Even if Russell beats the blitz and burns you, you're 1:49 drill turns into a 3 minute drill.

Exactly! That was a horrendous call! Bring the heat on Wilson, and we may well win the game.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The black one who acknowledges that #54 is $13,000,000 waste at LB.

That's actually twice what Jaylon really makes, but what's a few facts here or there. Jaylon at 7.7MM is much better value than Byron Jones at 17.6MM.

Kaiser

Reaction score
ALso yes, I think that should have been a penalty. I have seen helmet grabs like that be called. Also, Coop took a massive blow to the head, and no flags came as a result of that. Dak potentially got tripped at the end. The call on Jaylon was rubbish. However, our secondary has to get better. Dak did his job by getting us in position to take the lead, which Z got us, late in the 4th to make it 31-30 to us. We had a lead late in the 4th. All our D had to do was hold Seattle to a FG or deny them from scoring outright. IF they manage to keep the Hawks to a FG, all Dak has to do is get in FG range, and we probably walk away with a win.

I didn't really have a problem with the refs, my only issue is when they aren't consistent. And the secondary was bad but our UDFA OTs were worse, at least with the secondary they were better in the second half. To me the whole thing was we couldn't overcome the OL play and not many teams have a shot at beating Russell Wilson at home anyway.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Thomas blowing the coverage didnt help, but we all knew they were getting that.

When was the last time this team made a big stop like that?

If Nolan DID blitz, they probably get burned for a TD then have time to score on the rebound.

This is where you miss a Sean Lee or someone of that ilk who on instincts or guile alone can erase a play or two that gets the defense off the field especially in critical moments. We simply don't have that from anyone in the middle of the defense (LB/S).

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I didn't really have a problem with the refs, my only issue is when they aren't consistent. And the secondary was bad but our UDFA OTs were worse, at least with the secondary they were better in the second half. To me the whole thing was we couldn't overcome the OL play and not many teams have a shot at beating Russell Wilson at home anyway.

Agreed. The refs were inconsistent. As for the OL, the rookie UDFAs did about as well as one could expect for UDFAs.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
That's actually twice what Jaylon really makes, but what's a few facts here or there. Jaylon at 7.7MM is much better value than Byron Jones at 17.6MM.
Byron at 17.6MM isn't great value but he produces at a top ten level at a premium position. #54 at 13.1MM this season is a joke as he's a liability on the field.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Byron at 17.6MM isn't great value but he produces at a top ten level at a premium position. #54 at 13.1MM this season is a joke as he's a liability on the field.

The joke is your numbers. Jaylon's cap hit this year is $7,771,000.

And please post serious people saying he is a liability, not the Monday Morning QBs posting on this site.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Here’s a fact...you walked across CalTech’s and infamously tried to claim you were somehow affiliated with school.

“Well, when I call they pick-up the phone”

:lmao:

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
The joke is your numbers. Jaylon's cap hit this year is $7,771,000.

And please post serious people saying he is a liability, not the Monday Morning QBs posting on this site.
Are you under the influence of copious amounts of narcotics or are you employed by #54 or Clear Eye View? He'll pocket 13.1MM this season regardless of a 7.7MM cap hit and there isn't anything more serious than seeing him play live and viewing the subsequent film footage as it becomes available.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score

Are you insenuating that we try and use these tes as less as we can on passing downs as possible? or do you think we can beat the Browns with Dalton Schultz leading the passing attack in Snapcounts.

Lol

I personally think the opposing Defense was on their heels more in 4 wr mode. It seems like Dak had an easier time making big plays passing. Imo.

Last edited:

Kaiser

Reaction score
Are you under the influence of copious amounts of narcotics or are you employed by #54 or Clear Eye View? He'll pocket 13.1MM this season regardless of a 7.7MM cap hit and there isn't anything more serious than seeing him play live and viewing the subsequent film footage as it becomes available.

In other words, you know how to look up contracts but are enough of a hater to pull "yearly cash" out of your backside. Not surprising.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Here’s a fact...you walked across CalTech’s and infamously tried to claim you were somehow affiliated with school.

“Well, when I call they pick-up the phone”

:lmao:

Its "Caltech", not CalTech. Any moron knows that, even Travis Knight. Or in your choice of boy bands.... Lance Bass.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
In other words, you know how to look up contracts but are enough of a hater to pull "yearly cash" out of your backside. Not surprising.
Thanks for inadvertently answering my question. Tell #54 that the team has decided to pay him the total value of the cap hit instead of this season's agreed upon yearly cash amount.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Its "Caltech", not CalTech. Any moron knows that, even Travis Knight. Or in your choice of boy bands.... Lance Bass.

Hey donkey, let me remind you....you have ZERO affiliation with Caltech, CalTech, Kaltek, et cetera.
......references Lance Bass. :lmao2:

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Surely grabbing a man by his "helmet opening" is a gross sexual assault and should lead to a prosecution, not just a 10 or 15 yard penalty?