Kareem Hunt for sale-- cheap

joseephuss

Reaction score
Tyreek is playing.

Mixon is playing.

This wasn't close to Ray Rice....Sign him and get him some counselling. Then next year Jerry can back up his Rams comparison.

The difference in those cases is time. Both Hill's and Mixon's situations occurred in college and some time passed before they were ever eligible for the NFL. Both guys were punished and sought redemption or at least tried to provide the perception they were trying to fix themselves long before their time in the NFL. No time has passed for the Hunt situation. Give it a year or 2 and maybe the view on Hunt will be different, but not immediately. I don't see a need to rush to sign him. Let things shake loose and see what comes of it, maybe. I lean toward no even in that situation, but at least waiting provides more clarity than rushing to sign him. Signing him now provides only headaches and distractions to a team battling to make the playoffs. Why would anyone want to bring on that disruption at this point for a guy that won't even be on the field?

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
I like your idea, but being on the exempt list is paid administrative leave if a player is on a team. The Skins took a chance on Foster because he basically admitted to it by announcing he won't appeal and are hoping for the baseline of six games.

Being this captured on video and so public there's no telling how long of a suspension he's going to get. This could get drawn out for a while and Stephen would probably object to paying a player to sit at home. It took Gordon three paid years to get off the list.

Verdict

Reaction score
All he has to do is say I did it, I'm sorry, I'll make amends. And serve his 6 game suspension and the. He is back in business, for some team. It might as well be the Cowboys.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
I don't think it's that simple. He's also currently under investigation for allegedly punching a man in June. It's going to add to his suspension and another strike on him under the PCP. He would be one mistake or false accusation away from a permanent ban.

Edited to add that also lied about the incident when originally questioned. Then the video comes out.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
I heard he was called the "N" word by this Lady, not that it excuses his behavior, but everyone has a trigger point, a sort of "just snapped" type mentality. For me, it would be if someone touched my kids sexually, I'm pretty sure I will break all the laws of the land at that point. And if she did call him that, for some people, all bets are off. There's a reason someone calls another person that, they want to get a reaction and be careful of what you wish for.

Most of these players grew up on the streets in tough lives, tough environments and so it would be wise to tread lightly when dealing with them.

But again, I don't know what happened, all I know is what I saw on youtube, and something set him off. I definitely don't condone hitting another woman for any reason, but...
Careful, that chickenpoop guy will call you names!!!!

EST_1986

Reaction score
If we didn’t have an everydown workhorse RB in Zeke I’d be all for signing Hunt. However we do so it’s just too much baggage for a guy to sit on the sidelines.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
He could have asked about a dozen women to slap the dog snot out of her for him, he’s not very bright...

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
Just for conversation from an article I read. Apparently hotels require a court order to release videos. The police apparently didn't go through the process and just went on witness testimony which was he said she said stuff and no charges were brought.

Now, thanks to TMZ and their ways around court orders, the police may be pressured to reopen the case and there's a two year statute of limitations. I can't imagine the PR nightmare if a team signs him, pays him and then he is charged a year from now.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
This dude could still easily end up spending time in jail over this incident. There's video evidence he assaulted a woman. Slam dunk for a prosecutor.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I don't think it's that simple. He's also currently under investigation for allegedly punching a man in June. It's going to add to his suspension and another strike on him under the PCP. He would be one mistake or false accusation away from a permanent ban.

Edited to add that also lied about the incident when originally questioned. Then the video comes out.
I doubt hitting a man will add to that. Are you serious? The personal conduct policy is for hitting women and stuff people complain about on twitter. When the heck has folks complained about men fighting men? Stop it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I doubt hitting a man will add to that. Are you serious? The personal conduct policy is for hitting women and stuff people complain about on twitter. When the heck has folks complained about men fighting men? Stop it.
Yo, maybe getting in scuffles is okay in your world but in mine, we have a problem with folks that can't seem to get along with other folks. It very much falls within the NFL conduct policy. YOU need to stop it and read the NFL's conduct policy if you are able. :facepalm:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Yo, maybe getting in scuffles is okay in your world but in mine, we have a problem with folks that can't seem to get along with other folks. It very much falls within the NFL conduct policy. YOU need to stop it and read the NFL's conduct policy if you are able. :facepalm:
Sounds good. When the last time its been people been plastered on tv for fighting a man? I'm very able but to read it but you let me know when there is a big fuss over a man fighting another man on the sports shows. Until then sdf

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Sounds good. When the last time its been people been plastered on tv for fighting a man? I'm very able but to read it but you let me know when there is a big fuss over a man fighting another man on the sports shows. Until then sdf
Why are you so consumed with what happens on TV? Do you think if didn't happen on TV it didn't happen at all? News for you, this guy really has a problem getting along with folks regardless if you got to be entertained by it on TV or not. He needs to get help not excused by people like you.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...t-faces-more-than-baseline-sixgame-suspension

It sounds like they were already planning to suspend him. Then this video comes out and now he's on the commissioners exempt list. Elliot was just suspended, but didn't end up on the list.

joseephuss

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...t-faces-more-than-baseline-sixgame-suspension

It sounds like they were already planning to suspend him. Then this video comes out and now he's on the commissioners exempt list. Elliot was just suspended, but didn't end up on the list.

Interesting. Saw this in the article:
One option Hunt is considering is serving a potential NFL suspension as soon as possible, sources say. Basically, he would admit wrongdoing and likely serve six or more games rather than remain on the Commissioner Exempt List.

Of course, this depends on a team signing him to play, which is not a given.

When Washington signed Mark Sanchez, we all learned that a suspension can be considered fulfilled even if the player isn't currently on a roster. Hunt could start meeting that criteria of serving his suspension.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Why are you so consumed with what happens on TV? Do you think if didn't happen on TV it didn't happen at all? News for you, this guy really has a problem getting along with folks regardless if you got to be entertained by it on TV or not. He needs to get help not excused by people like you.
I'm not consumed about what happens on tv. Why are you playing stupid? We are talking about athletes so tv has a big deal here. We aren't talking about random regular people. As for,your next question please ask a smart question not this emotional beyond stupid bs question you just asked. Nobody said or implied such so are me the convenient stupidity. I'm not excusing anything just stop being obtuse and get out of your feelings.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
They were going to suspend him over the hotel incident but I doubt if it was the bar fight by itself it makes any real waves. I could be wrong but I don't see it being likely.

We don't know the details of the punch, maybe a game or two but it's still can be a strike against him. However its collective. There was apparently another incident earlier with a woman. No charges were filed as there was no video and no witnesses. If it was just this incident Goodell probably would have just suspended him under the PCP with DV like Zeke. However he put him on the Commish exempt list and that's not good.

I'm just piecing this together myself, but once on the list the Commish has unlimited authority to decide the suspension and when to reinstate a player as well as the conditions. It's not good for Hunt.