Video: KaVontae Turpin Kick Return TD and Punt Return TD

NotForLong

Reaction score
He should be a special edition card in this weeks Madden . . . maybe a 93 speed 90 agility

RodeoJake

Reaction score
The youngster is electric. Too bad there's no room on the roster for him considering all the talent at the WR position.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The cowboys signed him to a 3 year deal. At this point, it looks really smart.
thanks for info, does look smart, I wonder whose idea it was to get him ??????

When did they actually sign him ??
I ask because since he did so good in usfl, why didnt some other teams go after him??

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hes Fossils Tavon Austin but hopefully without the injuries, he will hopefully get more snaps from the slot and get the jet sweep, end arounds, and bubble screens called for him..hey Moore use this kid we are short soem WR depth, so its all hands on deck..he and pollard should be matchup nightmares IF Moore can design plays that arent obvious they are coming.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I will also say due to his size and value as a return man,I dont think they should use him on offense at all.
he can deliver more yds and tds on returns, than he can as a wr or jet sweep runs.
If he gets hurt on offense, then they dont have the return threat.

I might then use him on offense too when they get to playoffs. or only big games where they need the greater edge, but even still
The returns value could far outweigh him playing wr or even more so as a runner on jet sweep.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hell yes...lock the thread. This kid has made the team, conditioning drills only until opening game IMO
actually, he needs work offense maybe no more returns because like they said hes a natural can do that in his sleep but he needs to learn the offense a bit..no bubble wrap just yet let him get soem timing with the offense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I will also say due to his size and value as a return man,I dont think they should use him on offense at all.
he can deliver more yds and tds on returns, than he can as a wr or jet sweep runs.

I might then use him on offense too when they get to playoffs. or only big games where they need the greater edge, but even still
The returns value could far outweigh him playing wr or even more so as a runner on jet sweep.

wrong

totally disagree

hes a swiss army knife type and played WR at every place hes been i mean MVP of the USFL and 550 yards of that was on offense..no kid gloves eventually the ST coaches kick away from him etc that great, but you use his as offensive gadget guy,,not overuse but yes use him ..sorry you dont leave talent on the shelf for fear of getting hurt.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

You have to use him as a WR, he has the skillsof a WR and that kind of speed puts fear into a secondary. The safeties have to respect him, harder to double CeeDee and they know one slip up and it's Turpin Time.

The other thing is, after last night, Turpin may not see another returnable KO of punt this season. Teams will be kicking it out of the EZ and towards the sidelines, they will not want to see him with the ball in his hands.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You have to use him as a WR, he has the skillsof a WR and that kind of speed puts fear into a secondary. The safeties have to respect him, harder to double CeeDee and they know one slip up and it's Turpin Time.

The other thing is, after last night, Turpin may not see another returnable KO of punt this season. Teams will be kicking it out of the EZ and towards the sidelines, they will not want to see him with the ball in his hands.
same with Pollard, using Turpin and Pollard this way to make defense peak for those jet sweep or end arounds, bubble screens even if its a decoy will help the other WRs.