Video: KaVontae Turpin Kick Return TD and Punt Return TD

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
1. Chargers coverage was HORRIBLE.
2. Cowboys protection/blocking was SOLID

Turpin took advantage of it.
Turpin has good vision and burst.

He looks like he's waiting until the last possible moment to decide which way to go. That gives him an advantage over tacklers.

He can be a big weapon for the offense by setting up shorter fields

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
same with Pollard, using Turpin and Pollard this way to make defense peak for those jet sweep or end arounds, bubble screens even if its a decoy will help the other WRs.
He has the WR skills, they can use him all over the field. They can use him similar to how KC used Hill, slants, drags and crosses, double moves, with his speed and quickness, defenders will have a hard time keeping up with him. Use him on moving routes, no stop or stick routes. They don't need to keep him around the LOS, don't have to be deep routes either, some 10-15 yd routes on the move, get him with some space and let him do his thing.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
wrong

totally disagree

hes a swiss army knife type and played WR at every place hes been i mean MVP of the USFL and 550 yards of that was on offense..no kid gloves eventually the ST coaches kick away from him etc that great, but you use his as offensive gadget guy,,not overuse but yes use him ..sorry you dont leave talent on the shelf for fear of getting hurt.
You have to use him as a WR, he has the skillsof a WR and that kind of speed puts fear into a secondary. The safeties have to respect him, harder to double CeeDee and they know one slip up and it's Turpin Time.

The other thing is, after last night, Turpin may not see another returnable KO of punt this season. Teams will be kicking it out of the EZ and towards the sidelines, they will not want to see him with the ball in his hands.
good points, but as for kicking away from him, on kickoffs, I would have him return the deep kicks, he has the speed , and that would actually give him
more time to get to speed, and read the field, and more time before anyone gets to him, so that could work in his favor.
So only kickoffs that go out of EZ would be effective, and most kickers cant kick it out of EZ.

For punts, that is hard to do, where he cant return it, only out of bounds works there or short kicks with great coverage.

I guess playing him at wr would be ok, less hits there , but I see dallas using him in slot and the jet sweeps.

blueblood70

Reaction score
good points, but as for kicking away from him, on kickoffs, I would have him return the deep kicks, he has the speed , and that would actually give him
more time to get to speed, and read the field, and more time before anyone gets to him, so that could work in his favor.
So only kickoffs that go out of EZ would be effective, and most kickers cant kick it out of EZ.

For punts, that is hard to do, where he cant return it, only out of bounds works there or short kicks with great coverage.

I guess playing him at wr would be ok, less hits there , but I see dallas using him in slot and the jet sweeps.
they will neutralize his returns eventually,

this is the nfl, not TCU, not some oddball fan league, and not the USFL..its still a weapon with them shanking short punts and over kicking kickoffs. He will eventually break one but come on they will not allow us to just break off big runs all year IF Turpin is the real deal..reagrldess you dont keep a weapon on the bench over worry about injury,.hes an nfl payer he will play and if he gets hurt well that life.,..

we are short not only Wrs but weapons and speed its just what we need just in time to offset wash and gallup being down and coop, ced , and turner all gone..

its was great signing and like i said doesn't need to be a bunch of snaps offensive but you use him when needed to spark the offense and find the defense sleeping..same goes for pollard etc..

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He deserves more WR snaps.

For once, I agree.

Someone pinch me.

We need exciting players to lift the team. If we would have had this guy last year, to go alone with Diggs' 11 interceptions, this team could have made some noise in the playoffs.

Fingers crossed this year.

If we have Turpin and Tyler Smith last year, things are probably different.

Last edited:
Reactions: BAT