Twitter: KC: Dak must reach playoffs consistently if he's paid premium QB money

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah the Chiefs have not one but TWO of the top 5 highest paid receivers and the highest paid tight end.. I honestly don't know why people keep insisting on acting as if Mahomes is out there throwing to 5 guys from the Y.
Because they think it fits their narrative but it doesn’t. Kelce and Hill are two of the best playmakers in the league.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I heard this on my lunch break.. Good stuff.

Some facts.

Green Bay has made the playoffs 8 of last 10 years. The only 2 they didn't make it were McCarthy's final 2 seasons..

New Orleans has made it the last 4 years and 6 out of the last 10.

Seattle has only missed the playoffs 1 time with Russell Wilson.

Tom Brady has made the playoffs 10 out of the last 10 years. It's been awhile until since Tampa has been to the playoffs

Mahomes has went 3 years in a row.

This is why you pay the elite guys and let the not so elites walk if they want elite money.

It’s very enlightening when listening to fans like @CATCH17. They are just fans laying on a couch. Yet they think they know more than McClay. They listen to the likes of some BBQ king talking head, who most of us have never heard of, for their takes! It’s really a phenomena that deserves an in depth investigation.

ICP

Reaction score
Lol, no player in the past 25+ QB or otherwise that has been able to get this team to the playoffs consistently

Verdict

Reaction score
Yes trending down.

The studs are what made the OL great.

These solid guys have a lot to prove.

We used to have a special group. The special guys are trending down and breaking down.
Depending on Tyron is a mistake. Flip Tyron for a second round pick to a team that needs OL play at mid season. Better get an OT into camp.

Verdict

Reaction score
The problem for you is you think Dak’s a Honda but in fact he’s a Lamborghini and his stats prove it. You are blind because of your hate. And you’re not man enough to admit you are wrong so you come here every day and double down on your hate. It makes you feel good.
Look, I’m a Dak fan, but he is arguably not even a top 10 QB. He’s wanting to be paid like he’s top 3. That’s a steep price.

Is he worth it? IDK. Maybe he will continue to get better and justify a top 3 contract.

35 Million per year seems MORE THAN FAIR. I don’t know where you draw the line in terms of how much is too much, but Dak is really nestled up tightly against that line.

Im hoping Dak is a little bit more reasonable after his injury. Father Time and the injury bug remain undefeated.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Look, I’m a Dak fan, but he is arguably not even a top 10 QB. He’s wanting to be paid like he’s top 3. That’s a steep price.

Is he worth it? IDK. Maybe he will continue to get better and justify a top 3 contract.

35 Million per year seems MORE THAN FAIR. I don’t know where you draw the line in terms of how much is too much, but Dak is really nestled up tightly against that line.

Im hoping Dak is a little bit more reasonable after his injury. Father Time and the injury bug remain undefeated.

And same as he is arguably a top 10 QB. Imo he is.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah the Chiefs have not one but TWO of the top 5 highest paid receivers and the highest paid tight end.. I honestly don't know why people keep insisting on acting as if Mahomes is out there throwing to 5 guys from the Y.
Lol.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I heard this on my lunch break.. Good stuff.

Some facts.

Green Bay has made the playoffs 8 of last 10 years. The only 2 they didn't make it were McCarthy's final 2 seasons..

Tom Brady has made the playoffs 10 out of the last 10 years. It's been awhile until since Tampa has been to the playoffs

This is why you pay the elite guys and let the not so elites walk if they want elite money.

I agree with this. People will say that its not all Daks fault he has no defense or blame injuries on the offensive line but the above QBs will put teams on their back during tough times and make average players better. I have yet to see Dak make one avg player a better player.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Jerrah pushed Dak under the bus. He basically says he is going to pay Dak top dollar but the Cowboys will not sign any free agents because Dak will get all the money. The Joneses are trying to pressure Dak into taking a home town discount by telling the fan base if they pay Dak no money will be left over for free agency.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Some facts.

Go back and look at why the Saints missed the playoffs 4 of the last 10 years. Hint: it had nothing to do with Brees. They had some of the worst defenses ever seen.

Even "elite" QBs don't win by themselves. Go look at how many garbage defenses Brady has had to drag to the playoffs (none). Even the best can't do it alone.

Pay Dak, don't pay Dak, Dallas hasn't had a contending defense in years. Fix that or the QB really doesn't matter. Not even 100 more Dak threads will change that.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
This is like asking, is the sky blue?
What QB is NOT expected to make the playoffs if they’re paid a premium salary? Groundbreaking.....

USArmyVet

Reaction score
It’s very enlightening when listening to fans like @CATCH17. They are just fans laying on a couch. Yet they think they know more than McClay. They listen to the likes of some BBQ king talking head, who most of us have never heard of, for their takes! It’s really a phenomena that deserves an in depth investigation.

Last time I checked fans by nature are laying/sitting on a couch watching football games. None of us are on the field and none of us are in the front office. We make our opinions based on what we see from our couches.....what we have seen the last 25+ years and we all get frustrated at what Jerry Jones has turned this team into. So while we may view this team differently in terms of who to draft, who to re-sign, what free agent to sign, what defense to run, what offense to run, what coach to hire or fire......we all just want this damn team to win yet NONE of us can do one damn thing about it.....as we are ALL just sitting/laying on the couch hoping that on any given Sunday the Cowboys will bring just a little joy into our lives.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I agree with this. People will say that its not all Daks fault he has no defense or blame injuries on the offensive line but the above QBs will put teams on their back during tough times and make average players better. I have yet to see Dak make one avg player a better player.

Then that same criteria holds for Aikman. Everything Dak haters say he can't do, same standard went for Aikman. Aikman never made one avg player a better player. But Dak haters always hold him as an elite QB (which he was). But using Dak haters rules = he wasn't. "Cause he like Dak needed talent around him to succeed.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The bargaining is something to be settled by those directly involved in the negotiations.

What they do or don't do remains to be seen by those other than simply observers. :rolleyes:

I can live with whatever they decide to do when the time comes. It's their job, not ours!

I would've assumed, by now, that Dak might have enough sense to get rid of his agent.

It shouldn't be too difficult to see a deal whereby the FO would draft a QB, just in case!

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sounds to me like many fans confuse “ Elite QB” with “ Franchise QB”. Sometimes they are one in the same but not always .

There’s many middle tier or what I like to call ‘best of the rest’ QB’s which are good enough to be a franchise QB receiving big contracts but not good enough or having enough success to be considered Elite.