KC showed how to fix an OL

kskboys

Reaction score
......and today, showed they need a running game to go with Mahomes & bunch to compensate further for the D.
I've often thought they put too much on Mahomes. They were middle of the pack in rushing yards.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After their shoddy OL lost them a super bowl, the chiefs decided to fix the OL and did it in one offseason.

Signed a high end guard (Thuney)
Traded first for a LT (Brown)
Used 2nd on a center (Humphrey)
Used 3rd on a guard (Smith)

just like that’s weakness was turned into a strength and will be for the next 3-4 years. This is the type of front office work the cowboys are incapable of doing.

The point here is that good teams are always looking at how to get better and execute that plan. We have no plan, b.c our GM/owner doesn't recognize faults.

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The point is here that good teams are always looking at how to get better and executing that plan. We have no plan.

On the contrary, our GM has a plan as he has paid Pepe the dancing QB (see here below) serious cash to get us to a Superbowl....

dak-dance.gif

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On the contrary, our GM has a plan as he has paid Pepe the dancing QB (see here below) serious cash to get us to a Superbowl....

dak-dance.gif

Ha! But seriously, Jerry doesn't or isn't willing to acknowledge weaknesses/faults in the team. So, they never get addressed.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is. There are still things I like about KMO, but it's blatantly apparent that he was not ready to be OC. He has some great ideas, but man does he need some help. Advice.

I wish we had an offensive Guru HC who could help guide him.

plasticman

Reaction score
There was something else that the Chiefs had.

They had a plan. They had great coaches. They had an understanding of who and what they were and acquired the compatible talent.

Above all, they had consistency. Three of their offensive linemen started all 17 games. A fourth one started 16 games. This was key to their development as a unit. The Cowboys were the complete opposite which is why they couldn't peak at the right time of the season.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Well - based on the tenor of this Board, since KC is, like Dallas, sitting on the couch, I guess they really didn't show us how to "fix" an OL ... :laugh:

cowboyed

Reaction score
Well, to be fair, they did draft Frederick, Martin, T. Smith and Collins, and the o-line was one of the best a few years ago. However, more recently, it has taken a downward turn. Perhaps the Jones' can once again invest in obtaining some great o-lineman.
It's an aging and/or injury prone line (LT Smith,RT Collins) and our young veterans are a blocking liability, namely C Biadas and LG Connor Williams. Alternate LT Terence Steele is situationally adequate, and multi-positional Connor McGovern is an enigma. Our most effective and talented offensive lineman is RG Zack Martin but he is not getting younger with 8 seasons under his belt. That whole unit with the exception of Martin is a penalty machine.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lack of a plan has been one of my biggest gripes with the top.

Well, we got our triplets (Dak, Zeke, Amari)......we have our charles haley (micah parsons)........ got Dieon (Diggs).......... we should win. (This is how Jerry thinks)

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
It's an aging and/or injury prone line (LT Smith,RT Collins) and our young veterans are a blocking liability, namely C Biadas and LG Connor Williams. Alternate LT Terence Steele is situationally adequate, and multi-positional Connor McGovern is an enigma. Our most effective and talented offensive lineman is RG Zack Martin but he is not getting younger with 8 seasons under his belt. That whole unit with the exception of Martin is a penalty machine.

I can see your point, however, I wonder what the effect would be of removing the one glaring weakness....Connor Williams. It's evident that with that number of penalties he's struggling which puts pressure on the whole line as he needs continual help. Im not saying the rest of the O-Line isn't a leaking dam, but realistically we arent going to be able to solve every issue (if only we had the Chief's $20m CAP to spend on the O-Line).

Doomsday101

Reaction score
After their shoddy OL lost them a super bowl, the chiefs decided to fix the OL and did it in one offseason.

Signed a high end guard (Thuney)
Traded first for a LT (Brown)
Used 2nd on a center (Humphrey)
Used 3rd on a guard (Smith)

just like that’s weakness was turned into a strength and will be for the next 3-4 years. This is the type of front office work the cowboys are incapable of doing.
a
The Cowboys have put very good OL out there. I expect Dallas will look to improve on OL with FA of Conner Williams, I doubt he will be back and Center this was his 1st season as a starter and unless you play guys you don't know for sure what you have. Biadasz got his chance to play this season and unless he makes big strides this off season he may find himself on the bench. But to act as if Dallas has not put together some top OL is laughable