KC showed how to fix an OL

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
After their shoddy OL lost them a super bowl, the chiefs decided to fix the OL and did it in one offseason.

Signed a high end guard (Thuney)
Traded first for a LT (Brown)
Used 2nd on a center (Humphrey)
Used 3rd on a guard (Smith)

just like that’s weakness was turned into a strength and will be for the next 3-4 years. This is the type of front office work the cowboys are incapable of doing.
He goes to show it doesn’t matter. When you have a choke artist like Mahomes back there

Blackspider214

Reaction score
The cowboys OL grades well inside the top 10 by most accounts. Really about top 5-6. That includes Williams who was better than most think though he probably won't be back.

What the cowboys need is a new OL coach and then be willing to use pollard as a primary runner and let Zeke be the short yardage and blocker in the backfield more.

Williams is not better than most think. He is terrible. And weak. Stop putting your stock in the nerds at PFF. This OL is not good. They get no real push up front. And can't really pass protect with any consistency.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Williams is not better than most think. He is terrible. And weak. Stop putting your stock in the nerds at PFF. This OL is not good. They get no real push up front. And can't really pass protect with any consistency.
I am more inclined to put more value into PFF and others who watch a ton of football versus believing fans on a forum who barely watch any football

quickccc

Reaction score
LT - Tyron -1st rd
LG - Williams - 2nd rd
C - Biadasz - 4th rd
RG - Martin - 1st rd
RT - undrafted - rated as a 1st rd talent- now among highest paid
- Drafted 3rd rd - McGovern

Not like the Cowboys just flat ignored the OL unit over the years

Heck they invested more in drafting and re-signing in the OL unit..,.than they have in their entire Defense ....

fivetwos

Reaction score
LT - Tyron -1st rd
LG - Williams - 2nd rd
C - Biadasz - 4th rd
RG - Martin - 1st rd
RT - undrafted - rated as a 1st rd talent- now among highest paid
- Drafted 3rd rd - McGovern

Not like the Cowboys just flat ignored the OL unit over the years

Heck they invested more in drafting and re-signing in the OL unit..,.than they have in their entire Defense ....
McGovern is a terrible disappointment.

He should have been able to step right in at LG and allow us to use resources to improve elsewhere.

Somehow he regressed....as did Biadasz but MMs buddy still has a job today.

quickccc

Reaction score
McGovern is a terrible disappointment.

He should have been able to step right in at LG and allow us to use resources to improve elsewhere.

Somehow he regressed....as did Biadasz but MMs buddy still has a job today.

i have no problem with the Biadasz pick, that was at the bottom of the 4th rd, practically a 5th rd late round type.
He was a former Dave Rimington winner as college best center. But that's a low risk pick . It just hasn't worked out

Your 1st thru 3rd rd picks are the ones that you really want and need to hit on.
Jerry-Stephen-Will have always said pre-post draft that those high picks are usually your starters or immediate major contributors.

McGovern was high on Cowboys value board such as a 2nd rd talent.
As much heat as OL coach Joe Philbin has taken on, now i can see why he wasn't impressed with McGovern.
He just doesn't look very athletic or a sound, capable anchor and then there's this crap about far better right than LG
If he's a player, he's just a plug and play guy.

We've botched two high draft picks in two players that we won't get return investment in, ..and it's looking like a do over.
Having to draft another OG in the early rounds.

fivetwos

Reaction score
i have no problem with the Biadasz pick, that was at the bottom of the 4th rd, practically a 5th rd late round type.
He was a former Dave Rimington winner as college best center. But that's a low risk pick . It just hasn't worked out

Your 1st thru 3rd rd picks are the ones that you really want and need to hit on.
Jerry-Stephen-Will have always said pre-post draft that those high picks are usually your starters or immediate major contributors.

McGovern was high on Cowboys value board such as a 2nd rd talent.
As much heat as OL coach Joe Philbin has taken on, now i can see why he wasn't impressed with McGovern.
He just doesn't look very athletic or a sound, capable anchor and then there's this crap about far better right than LG
If he's a player, he's just a plug and play guy.

We've botched two high draft picks in two players that we won't get return investment in, ..and it's looking like a do over.
Having to draft another OG in the early rounds.
I have no problem with where either was drafted.

My issue is the regression. That doesn't appear to be coaching getting the most out of guys but the exact opposite.

McGovern suddenly looked clumsy and lost.

Blow up my avatar pic and take in one example.

Later in that game he stepped on Tyrons bad ankle.

He actually looked more comfortable as a FB than a LG.

That doesn't add up for me after how he played at PSU and in place of Martin in 2020.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dallas has been better than maybe any other franchise over the last 7 years in building and maintaining a high level offensive line.

If you want to say they faded late this year, I won’t argue.

But we have been spoiled by good to great offensive line play since 2014
You want to see a bad Oline? Look closer at the Bengals and 25 other teams

Dallas does need a tune-up though, if we want the ideal situation.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dallas has been better than maybe any other franchise over the last 7 years in building and maintaining a high level offensive line.

If you want to say they faded late this year, I won’t argue.

But we have been spoiled by good to great offensive line play since 2014
You want to see a bad Oline? Look closer at the Bengals and 25 other teams

Dallas does need a tune-up though, if we want the ideal situation.
W/ Jonah Williams' return, not sure their OL is that bad anymore. I know Burrow was sacked a bunch, but I also observed he holds onto the ball a bit long.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
A good start to fix the Dallas O-line is to trade Tyron Smith now, if they can. He is simply too old, injury prone and unreliable to be of use IMO.