Keep losing and still the most valuable franchise

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
No, it's nothing like that, my friend. I buy and sell PSLs at AT&T stadium. No worries, @Reality I promise not to do business here.
I have an entire collection of Cowboys signed and certified gear that I would consider selling for the right price, a good price.
I feel the urge to start sharing some of my most cherished items at this point in life.
My most cherished is a Tony Dorsett game worn Helmet that got the HOF signature from 94.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I have an entire collection of Cowboys signed and certified gear that I would consider selling for the right price, a good price.
I feel the urge to start sharing some of my most cherished items at this point in life.
My most cherished is a Tony Dorsett game worn Helmet that got the HOF signature from 94.
You are very wise, my friend. You should do this while you are still alive rather than leaving it to a relative to do unless you have a relative with a good business mind who wants to do it. I regard all my sports memorabilia collections as investments and treat them as such. At this point in my life, I'm just selling. My advice... hold on to the TD signed helmet until after his passing. I promise you the value of it will increase.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You are very wise, my friend. You should do this while you are still alive rather than leaving it to a relative to do unless you have a relative with a good business mind who wants to do it. I regard all my sports memorabilia collections as investments and treat them as such. At this point in my life, I'm just selling. My advice... hold on to the TD signed helmet until after his passing. I promise you the value of it will increase.
All my relatives are total morons, I won't be leaving anything to those who don't understand and respect.
Got a Manster jersey with his blood on it, I would never even consider giving that to the casual fan, they would never understand the significance.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
It's arguable that the fringe playoff teams (like the 8-8 Garrett years) and these 1 and done playoff losers are the most profitable. They will win just enough to maintain publicity and attention. But better yet, they will have big losses and failures that gets the rest of the world talking about them.

Jerry has built the perfect scam. The team will never be bad enough to hit rock bottom like 2000-2002 because that's where the fanbase will really start giving up and he will lose money. But he will put just enough into making sure the team remains competitive in order to be profitable. The only problem is that it will never be enough to win in the playoffs.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
All my relatives are total morons, I won't be leaving anything to those who don't understand and respect.
Got a Manster jersey with his blood on it, I would never even consider giving that to the casual fan, they would never understand the significance.
OMG! What a true prize for a real fan. Get that authenticated and appraised. DNA is the best authenticator!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
OMG! What a true prize for a real fan. Get that authenticated and appraised. DNA is the best authenticator!
Nearly my entire collection has been already certified and the Manster is official.
My local Cowboys buddies are not allowed to touch the glass case that it is enshrined in.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’ll say this about Jerrah, he knows how to market this team and brand so that they remain on top of the heap.

Not the Pats or chiefs or others who have all won recently but the Cowboys who haven’t won anything since 95!

I’ll say this again so all of you can understand… old JJ doesn’t give a damn about his teams win or less record, all he cares about is being number 1 most valuable franchise.

You a real fan? Like me or others? Then stop supporting this team, stop buying tickets and merchandise and listening to the hype.

You’ll feel better, watch from a distance…

Believe me if the cowboys were knocked off that number 1 perch… Jerry would move mountains to make this team relevant again, real change would happen.

That is what is relevant to the FO…

Too bad that so many of you don’t realize this
IMG-0569.gif

Blue64

Reaction score
You are so messed up in your thinking. You're no "Sheppard" among the flock, you are a cancer.
Okay you keep telling yourself you’re doing the right thing…
Buddy I no longer sulk after every loss… can you say the same?
Been there done that and it’s the same old crap since 96…
Look around you, the 49ers, packers are all relevant again
Despite the niners record… you know when they play this team it’s going to be a massacre.

But hey, you go rah, rah, rah and sulk and whine after every loss… keep buying the merchandise even though I am sure you don’t wear it proudly after humiliating losses.

My friend which one of us is a cancer?
Me or you?

offlimits

Reaction score
I’ll say this about Jerrah, he knows how to market this team and brand so that they remain on top of the heap.

Not the Pats or chiefs or others who have all won recently but the Cowboys who haven’t won anything since 95!

I’ll say this again so all of you can understand… old JJ doesn’t give a damn about his teams win or less record, all he cares about is being number 1 most valuable franchise.

You a real fan? Like me or others? Then stop supporting this team, stop buying tickets and merchandise and listening to the hype.

Believe me if the cowboys were knocked off that number 1 perch… Jerry would move mountains to make this team relevant again, real change would happen.

I have pointed this out several times but much of the value comes from the stadium profits.

offlimits

Reaction score
Let them finish with a 6 and 11 record and watch that value drop. Folks, it is always about money. Nothing but. Cowboys are only relevant when they are in the playoff mix.
The wins/losses do not affect their bottom line. I am sure they would love to win again but it is not the priority.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

saying this here is meaningless lol
only a very small portion of fans come here.
Rent a bill board to get your message out then maybe you touch enough fans.

The romo era kept dallas in the spotlight, games were fun to watch back then.

Jerry does care about winning, he just wants to eat his cake and have it too.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Jeruh purchased a Franchise in a state that has grown 48%(fastest growing state) over the last 25 years. I believe he gets more credit than he deserves.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Okay you keep telling yourself you’re doing the right thing…
Buddy I no longer sulk after every loss… can you say the same?
Been there done that and it’s the same old crap since 96…
Look around you, the 49ers, packers are all relevant again
Despite the niners record… you know when they play this team it’s going to be a massacre.

But hey, you go rah, rah, rah and sulk and whine after every loss… keep buying the merchandise even though I am sure you don’t wear it proudly after humiliating losses.

My friend which one of us is a cancer?
Me or you?
Every loss hurts because I'm a diehard Cowboys fan! I take pride in thinking they can win every game. You don't seem to care either way.