CFZ Kellen Moore and other fired Offensive coaches are blamed for failures last season, and the SF games

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This is what I am seeing, is that Kellen and the fired coaches who went 12-5 2 seasons in a row,
are the scape goats for the 2 SF losses, and in general for not doing better during the season.
No one else is at fault, just those that were let go.

The odd thing is that Mike who defended the last play in SF wildcard game, said it was the right call, and that
they had practiced it all week.
The SF game this last time the last play was even worse, and I cant believe mike had nothing to do with that play
and its design, as he was supposed to help kellen in 22.

Teams lose games, and I didnt care for kellen's play calling or designs that much, but they were a top ranked offense
and wound up 12-5 2 years in a row.

Now mike has simplified the routes and plays, and they have had 1 practice session in ota's.
I dont think that could possibly be enough to having the guys run perfect routes the way they are supposed to be run
and dak get the ball to them perfectly.
Dak has said no more tipped balls lol, well that is something you just cant predict, or avoid, you can lessen the chance though.
Mike said they would run more once early on but nothing more on that.

But it appears that the team ( Jones boys,Mike, and now dak) blamed it all on kellen and the coaches that were fired,and now everything is "fixed"
Mike has complete control of offense now, which is the way it should be, so just have to wait and see what the results are.
And we have to wait until playoffs to truly know if the team is " fixed" or not.

khiladi

Reaction score
Let’s actually clarify one thing.

Moore wasn’t fired, he was leaving anyways. It was already being reported that he had the Chargers job (Lombardi was basically fired on the plane), but they were waiting for the Panthers interview for HC. He was actually called back for a second INT when going to the airport, but they settled on Reich who has a history with the Panthers.

Jerry already paid a lot of money to retain Moore and if they fired him, he would have been guaranteed a check and would have been hired by another team anyways.

Moore and Staley used to keep in touch often. Cowboys and Chargers did joint practices. Moore did a commercial with Herbert and were acquaintances, if not friends, apparently.

Mere minutes after it was reported that the Cowboys were moving on from offensive coordinator Kellen Moore, Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero of NFL Network reported that Moore is expected to speak with the Chargers regarding the OC vacancy.

Rapoport and Pelissero added Dallas had already given Los Angeles permission to speak with Moore about the vacancy.

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2...kellen-moore-interview-offensive-coordinator/

Last edited:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score

Moore wasn’t fired, he was leaving anyways. It was already being reported that he had the Chargers job (Lombardi was basically fired on the plane), but they were waiting for the Panthers interview for HC. He was actually called back for a second INT when going to the airport, but they settled on Reich who has a history with the Panthers.

Jerry already paid a lot of money to retain Moore and if they fired him, he would have been guaranteed a check and would have been hired by another team anyways.
Maybe, but was Kellen already on the way out because the Cowboys were already going to let him go? Don't get me wrong here, everything you're saying is accurate, but we are assuming a lot about where things began. It could be that Kellen wanted out. It could be that MM wanted Kellen to make certain adjustments and they just had a difference of opinions and it was a mutual thing. It could be that the Cowboys knew he was gone from day 1 after the season ended but they wanted to do right by him and not have the fired OC tag over his head as he did interview for HC openings.

khiladi

Reaction score
Maybe, but was Kellen already on the way out because the Cowboys were already going to let him go? Don't get me wrong here, everything you're saying is accurate, but we are assuming a lot about where things began. It could be that Kellen wanted out. It could be that MM wanted Kellen to make certain adjustments and they just had a difference of opinions and it was a mutual thing. It could be that the Cowboys knew he was gone from day 1 after the season ended but they wanted to do right by him and not have the fired OC tag over his head as he did interview for HC openings.
If he was fired, Jerry would owe him a year of pay, even though he contract would he expiring the next year. Like I said, he was basically speaking with the Chargers within minutes right after the Cowboys agreed to part ways and the Cowboys already gave him permission to speak to the Chargers. Surging 24 hours the whole thing was basically done, even though they were waiting for the Panthers HC interview based on my understanding.

I wouldn’t be surprised with the extension Moore took from Jerry, they had a working relationship.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is what I am seeing, is that Kellen and the fired coaches who went 12-5 2 seasons in a row,
are the scape goats for the 2 SF losses, and in general for not doing better during the season.

The odd thing is that Mike who defended the last play in SF wildcard game, said it was the right call, and that
The SF game this last time the last play was even worse, and I cant believe mike had nothing to do with that play

Teams lose games, and I didnt care for kellen's play calling or designs that much, but they were a top ranked offense

Now mike has simplified the routes and plays, and they have had 1 practice session in ota's.
I dont think that could possibly be enough to having the guys run perfect routes the way they are supposed to be run
Dak has said no more tipped balls lol, well that is something you just cant predict, or avoid, you can lessen the chance though.

But it appears that the team ( Jones boys,Mike, and now dak) blamed it all on kellen and the coaches that were fired,and now everything is "fixed"
Mike has complete control of offense now, which is the way it should be, so just have to wait and see what the results are.
And we have to wait until playoffs to truly know if the team is " fixed" or not.
Dude, that is an out of control rant that was unnecessary, they're OR WE'RE are not blaming all of it on Kellen Moore and the older coaches, it no longer was a good fit.... I'm pretty sure that Prescott also mentioned the receivers basically saying the scheme didn't fit the receivers and they're trying to do different, not simplified per se, different.... you do realize that different coordinators have different schemes.

But here's an option for you just become a fan of the San Diego Chargers , go be a fan of Kellen Moore, Im sure he will appreciate it.

Lastly, you do realize sometimes you have to make changes, they've been using that same offense or at least a different version of it that the old coach who nobody wanted to here anymore and Jason Garrett, it's the same playbook, it had some changes and yes Kellen Moore did some good things with the passing game and yes a couple of times we were #1 in the league in yards or scoring or something here and there but really whenever we hear the talk about knowing things are coming from defenders and other head coaches,

I mean at that point don't you think it's time for a change... I mean I wouldn't call that blame, I would call that recognizing there's an issue and that there's no longer a fit for that scheme and you want to try something else..

Why is that a problem???? it was a mutual decision and it probably benefits both sides the way it went down and now we hope that the changes are positive for the Dallas Cowboys... I can care less what Kellen Moore does...

Lots of teams change coordinators without their head coaches, when I see that maybe a change could be beneficial, they make it who cares what's being said and who's being blamed literally why why does it matter to you so much I'm curious why does it bother you?

We all know some of the issues word because of the receivers most of them just didn't get it the old scheme the old passing game the read and react stuff was not working for them and it hurt the younger players last year sure when we had CD lamb Michael Gallup healthy with Cedric Wilson and amari Cooper and Jason Witten etcetera etcetera they could run that offense but again we made a lot of changes last year before the season lots of players on offense we're changed and it seemed to not work with with Kellen Moore was trying to do.

So literally as a giant group and the media and the fan base have blamed everyone Prescott, the receivers, OL, Kellen Moore oh and schultz in the SF game , glalup in the SF game, whoever was coming up with game plans for the run game, and they blamed it on injuries, and they blamed it on the GM for not realizing that what he brought in the wide receivers department wasn't enough,

so lot of people and things were blamed coaches, players ,the GM ,everyone... I don't know where you been but that I've seen or heard it it all..

I'm gonna say it one last time

why does it bother you so much if people want to use Kellen Moore as a scapegoat even though I know that's not 100% true because we're on this thing every day...

I also listen to all the sports shows., I listen to the radio sports shows ,and I read all the tweets and social media they're blaming just about everybody they can blame, as usual

but the one consensus thing we can admit and be on the same page about there was an issue and now they've made an effort to try to remedy this issue and now you get your own little rant because somehow it upsets you or offends you that Kellen Moore and the other staff was used as a scapegoat.

I don't see why that's an issue even if it were true which I suggest it's not true.
Changes were necessary and they were made regardless of what cost us a playoff run...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Of course that's closer to the truth but ever since that game ended in San Francisco everybody under the sun every coach every player everything was blamed so the fact that dandy Don thinks that it was just Kellen Moore I don't know where he's been... All I can say is as a consensus we know something was wrong and we know change was needed and I don't see a big deal about some of it being blamed on Kellen Moore and now we get to see how it'll work out this year.. Isn't the old saying that change is inevitable..

khiladi

Reaction score

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If he was fired, Jerry would owe him a year of pay, even though he contract would he expiring the next year. Like I said, he was basically speaking with the Chargers within minutes right after the Cowboys agreed to part ways and the Cowboys already gave him permission to speak to the Chargers. Surging 24 hours the whole thing was basically done, even though they were waiting for the Panthers HC interview based on my understanding.

I wouldn’t be surprised with the extension Moore took from Jerry, they had a working relationship.
OK i get what you're saying, thats 100% accurate.

Big_D

Reaction score
It's not a blame game. It's a necessary change when the current situation wasn't working. The offense stalled.. and they certainly couldn't do it a 3rd time. Gotta try something different. This is something that should've happened when McCarthy was hired.

quickccc

Reaction score

They were a top ranked offense that has failed twice in back to back playoffs.

- Two times in a row, Cowboys failed to get past Niners in back to back playoffs … the leading problem being the stalled failed offense

- That baby is on Kellen Moore as this was his offense, not McCarthy's … that’s the apparent perceived arrangement that the offense is kept operated by Kellen Moore

- Two times both Dak and Kellen simply cannot get it past the Niners … so what if Kellen were still here and we were to face the Niners again in the playoffs ?

- Now it becomes McCarthy's baby ... his excuses , his responsibility... his offense .... his challenge vs the Niners come playoff time. .

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
how about it just being time to move on from Kellen Moore. His lack of adjustments, and at times head scratching play calling, just hit his ceiling with this team. and if we are honest, I am sure a part of it was letting go of the last remnant pasrts of the Jason Garett era, which Kellen Moore obviously is a student of.

BHendri5

Reaction score

HELL YEAH!!!! kellen moore was calling high school plays

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Moore and Staley used to keep in touch often. Cowboys and Chargers did joint practices. Moore did a commercial with Herbert and were acquaintances, if not friends, apparently.

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2...kellen-moore-interview-offensive-coordinator/
Good research man.

I think they made a mistake in letting KMoore leave.

The kid knows football.

But Mike and Philbin always seemed butt hurt with KMoore..

DuncanIso

Reaction score
how about it just being time to move on from Kellen Moore. His lack of adjustments, and at times head scratching play calling, just hit his ceiling with this team. and if we are honest, I am sure a part of it was letting go of the last remnant pasrts of the Jason Garett era, which Kellen Moore obviously is a student of.
We don’t have a choice.

He’s gone.

He’s not the first elite OC we’ve lost over the years.

I think they feel like Schottenheimer can take over.

But Mike wants to call the plays. Lol.

He’s had a death grip on that play sheet from day 1.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

He deserves a tremendous amount of blame.

Loso86

Reaction score

I'm confused how he shouldn't take alot of the blame when we are quick to blame 1 or 2 players or 1 or 2 plays!?