CFZ Kellen Moore and other fired Offensive coaches are blamed for failures last season, and the SF games

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he was fired, Jerry would owe him a year of pay, even though he contract would he expiring the next year. Like I said, he was basically speaking with the Chargers within minutes right after the Cowboys agreed to part ways and the Cowboys already gave him permission to speak to the Chargers. Surging 24 hours the whole thing was basically done, even though they were waiting for the Panthers HC interview based on my understanding.

I wouldn’t be surprised with the extension Moore took from Jerry, they had a working relationship.
Jerry would owe him that money if he did not coach. But since he was hired for LAC, Jerry only pays him the difference if he was paid less money. But if paid more, Jerry owed nothing.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
We don’t have a choice.

He’s gone.

He’s not the first elite OC we’ve lost over the years.

I think they feel like Schottenheimer can take over.

But Mike wants to call the plays. Lol.

He’s had a death grip on that play sheet from day 1.
I think a more west coast type offense will fit Daks playing style. Obviously this means the coaching staff has to allow Dak to move around in the pocket, run the option plays, and bootlegs.
With the talent in the short range passes with guys who can catch the ball like Leupke (sp?), Pollard, and Duece Vaughn and the intermediate and long distance receivers in Gallup, Lamb, and Brandon Cooks, there is no reason to think a catch and run type offense wouldn't be perfect for this team and Dak who, like Romo, throws better on the run.
All of this will open up the running game

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is what I am seeing, is that Kellen and the fired coaches who went 12-5 2 seasons in a row,
are the scape goats for the 2 SF losses, and in general for not doing better during the season.
No one else is at fault, just those that were let go.

The odd thing is that Mike who defended the last play in SF wildcard game, said it was the right call, and that
they had practiced it all week.
The SF game this last time the last play was even worse, and I cant believe mike had nothing to do with that play
and its design, as he was supposed to help kellen in 22.

Teams lose games, and I didnt care for kellen's play calling or designs that much, but they were a top ranked offense
and wound up 12-5 2 years in a row.

Now mike has simplified the routes and plays, and they have had 1 practice session in ota's.
I dont think that could possibly be enough to having the guys run perfect routes the way they are supposed to be run
and dak get the ball to them perfectly.
Dak has said no more tipped balls lol, well that is something you just cant predict, or avoid, you can lessen the chance though.
Mike said they would run more once early on but nothing more on that.

But it appears that the team ( Jones boys,Mike, and now dak) blamed it all on kellen and the coaches that were fired,and now everything is "fixed"
Mike has complete control of offense now, which is the way it should be, so just have to wait and see what the results are.
And we have to wait until playoffs to truly know if the team is " fixed" or not.
That's why they got fired. A good coach isn't gonna fire a good assistant, unless they know they can upgrade.

quickccc

Reaction score
how about it just being time to move on from Kellen Moore. His lack of adjustments, and at times head scratching play calling, just hit his ceiling with this team. and if we are honest, I am sure a part of it was letting go of the last remnant pasrts of the Jason Garett era, which Kellen Moore obviously is a student of.
Ditto here. :hammer:

Overall Kellen was a very good OC,.. but his limitations made us limited. As with any OC .. or DC, .you have to be able to expand and adjust.
Opposing will study and counter scheme what you like to do best .. what your tendencies are.

- You in turn have to equally counter-scheme them. And he just could not, did not show the capacity to do so.

- Teams throw heavy umbrella zones at him, Dak,..and Kellen cannot adjust accordingly.. but he sticks to and remained what he greedily prefer doing - the 11 personnel
(3 WR sets).. instead of 12 and 13 personnel to take advantage underneath the zone umbrella coverage.

- Plus teams know our RBs will only be a mere dump off safety valve, and not really implemented as weapons in the pass game. They don't have to worry about
deadly quick RB screen passes with a Tony Pollard ....or even a jet sweep with a Pollard, .. Kellen does not like/prefer RB screens .

- When something does work ..Kellen will mysteriously stop using it. Whether it's a mis-direction play, ..an RPO,..

- His play calling for certain situations at certain times is just one of the matters that was puzzling - ala GB game while up 28-14, he goes into a pass frenzy,
and allows a Rodgers comeback win.

- Some will keep pointing towards Kellen's offensive team stats which was among highest in NFL during regular season. .but what good is that when playoff teams such
as the Niners can keep a green record book to use it against us with success, ..over and over again, as we never adjust to ti ?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Also I was going by what mike said, and what dak said while in atlanta, that now everything will be great with mike running things.
Nothing has been directly said about kellen , but what they say implies it was all kellens fault, and now it will be great.
It may be true, but I doubt it, have to wait and see.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Mike of course took the blame and why not? I don't care what anyone say that pass play on 2&2 was our issue all year. I think MM had enough of Kellen Moore and JJ allow KM to gracefully exit out of Dallas. If that was not a case then why did they allow let Moore to the Chargers?

lostar2009

Reaction score
He should take part of the blame, but so should others. It wasnt all kellen.
I dont think kellen made game plans all by himself lol, Mike had to be in on that as well.
Dak has to take part of the blame, but he hasnt. Neither has mike , and now they act as if
it is all fixed because kellen is gone.
Probably so, but I heard plenty of times out of KM mouth he did not have an answer for what the D was doing. And on plenty of film review you can see KM just throwing random plays out there at that point. Granted I think Moore should've been demoted and kept. One day I do think he would be a good OC and is about there. He is too ruff around the edges and don't like running the ball unless he has to. But anyways this team do not need a coach in training. We need smart, sharp, experience guys in the fold. This team is Superbowl ready... Let him rack up more experience points with the Chargers, they are another 2-3 years out.

vlad

Reaction score
At least last year once pollard went down our skill group outside of Lamb was trash. No speed, no ability for yac, etc. so That has to be factored in.

MikeB80

Reaction score
If he was fired, Jerry would owe him a year of pay, even though he contract would he expiring the next year. Like I said, he was basically speaking with the Chargers within minutes right after the Cowboys agreed to part ways and the Cowboys already gave him permission to speak to the Chargers. Surging 24 hours the whole thing was basically done, even though they were waiting for the Panthers HC interview based on my understanding.

I wouldn’t be surprised with the extension Moore took from Jerry, they had a working relationship.
Bobby Belt the self appointed cowboys know it all.....or as i call him...redneck idiot said moore resigned immediately and wanted out of this situation.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is what I am seeing, is that Kellen and the fired coaches who went 12-5 2 seasons in a row,
are the scape goats for the 2 SF losses, and in general for not doing better during the season.

The odd thing is that Mike who defended the last play in SF wildcard game, said it was the right call, and that
The SF game this last time the last play was even worse, and I cant believe mike had nothing to do with that play

Teams lose games, and I didnt care for kellen's play calling or designs that much, but they were a top ranked offense

Now mike has simplified the routes and plays, and they have had 1 practice session in ota's.
I dont think that could possibly be enough to having the guys run perfect routes the way they are supposed to be run
Dak has said no more tipped balls lol, well that is something you just cant predict, or avoid, you can lessen the chance though.

But it appears that the team ( Jones boys,Mike, and now dak) blamed it all on kellen and the coaches that were fired,and now everything is "fixed"
Mike has complete control of offense now, which is the way it should be, so just have to wait and see what the results are.
And we have to wait until playoffs to truly know if the team is " fixed" or not.
First Linehan then Moore........who's next?
8-tips-to-avoid-being-a-project-management-scapegoat.jpg

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jerry would owe him that money if he did not coach. But since he was hired for LAC, Jerry only pays him the difference if he was paid less money. But if paid more, Jerry owed nothing.
stephen mainly and his dad loved that aspect !

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

i think it is important to look at what Dak actually said.

He said, "Mike does an amazing job with those guys. They know where to be, why to be, when they’re getting looked at. That’s going to be a big jump. I won’t have 10 tipped balls this year."

So while there is always an element to reality that you cannot control, there is a part of it you can.

What Dak is saying is that last year the receivers didn't know where to be, why they were doing what they were doing, and what Dak progression's were as related to the route and that this year under MM they are. That is big. it should reduce tipped balls and missed routes, as well as help each other get open.

Moore was very good at aggregating points and yards. I do not think that he was good at the situational aspect of things particularly when it came down to having his players prepared in detail.

I am thinking about Dak throwing into coverage, receivers running the wrong route or route adjustment, missed stunts, and all the penalties.

I also think he was far too predictable. He ran a ton of formations but only certain plays out of certain formations. Bob Sturm did a good writeup on these tendencies and for example, we almost never ran outside zone out of shotgun. We all watched Fred Warner shoot gaps and blow up plays like Sean Lee used to for two years in a row.

Now I am not saying that only Moore is to blame. That should be obvious as I detailed mistakes by players in all facets. That is on them too. But Moore can be improved upon.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i think it is important to look at what Dak actually said.

He said, "Mike does an amazing job with those guys. They know where to be, why to be, when they’re getting looked at. That’s going to be a big jump. I won’t have 10 tipped balls this year."

So while there is always an element to reality that you cannot control, there is a part of it you can.

What Dak is saying is that last year the receivers didn't know where to be, why they were doing what they were doing, and what Dak progression's were as related to the route and that this year under MM they are. That is big. it should reduce tipped balls and missed routes, as well as help each other get open.

Moore was very good at aggregating points and yards. I do not think that he was good at the situational aspect of things particularly when it came down to having his players prepared in detail.

I am thinking about Dak throwing into coverage, receivers running the wrong route or route adjustment, missed stunts, and all the penalties.

I also think he was far too predictable. He ran a ton of formations but only certain plays out of certain formations. Bob Sturm did a good writeup on these tendencies and for example, we almost never ran outside zone out of shotgun. We all watched Fred Warner shoot gaps and blow up plays like Sean Lee used to for two years in a row.

Now I am not saying that only Moore is to blame. That should be obvious as I detailed mistakes by players in all facets. That is on them too. But Moore can be improved upon.
No one cares what Dak says as its the usual blah blah blah blah.....
Show us Dak.......we are still waiting and waiting and waiting.
This is Dak-Friendly # 3 if I'm not mistaken, correct?
He and you Dak lovers are almost out of time and excuses.
Please DAK PLEASE prove me wrong!!!!!!!
Got even money he goes down with an injury not being able to handle the pressure........