Kellen Moore as new Cowboys HC in 2022?

quickccc

Reaction score
Can anyone see Kellen Moore being considered new Cowboys HC down the road in 2022, should McCarthy fail to deliver this team back to a winning path next year ?

Young, innovative, brilliant offensive mind, an envisioned of a Sean McVey or Sean Payton in the works.
Same play caller that had the No.1 offense two years in a row before Dak went down to injury.

And how would Jones feel if he was hired away as an HC elsewhere ...while McCarthy ..?

75boyz

Reaction score
In agreement with this thread title and my original thought once announced that McCarthy( wink wink) retained him...

As the song goes, "That's my story and I'm sticking to it."

The Garrett Part II era is ushered in, lol

As I said before, that Jerry Jones, awesome Football Guy.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can anyone see Kellen Moore being considered new Cowboys HC down the road in 2022, should McCarthy fail to deliver this team back to a winning path next year ?

Young, innovative, brilliant offensive mind, an envisioned of a Sean McVey or Sean Payton in the works.
Same play caller that had the No.1 offense two years in a row before Dak went down to injury.

And how would Jones feel if he was hired away as an HC elsewhere ...while McCarthy ..?
This seems highly doubtful. If Moore is highly successful next year to the point Moore would look good enough to promote, the team will likely will do well enough for McCarthy to be retained. If the team sputters to the point McCarthy isn't retained then the offense probably won't be that special, so Moore wouldn't be promoted.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
no. he needs to go to another organization for his personal growth and to distance himself from his relationships with current players. get some seasoning elsewhere and then come back. jmo

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
I would not put it past JJ. But I doubt it will happen at this point. Not the splash JJ is looking for.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

It wouldn't surprise me if the Lions interview him this yr for their HC job.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

I think all of us have given thought to this.

I just think this talk is premature.

When Garrett was released and Moore was packing his bags to go to the college ranks to OC..

no NFL teams were stopping traffic to stop him to come back to the NFL.

We called him and could not unpack fast enough.

My problem among several with him is..

He struggles to win against better teams. When the pressure has been on..

He gets owned.

It was that way last year and also this year.

Dak has alot to say about that. But we are asking similar questions about Dak rise above his shortcomings.

If we resign Dak..Dakula is going to have to do more with less. His contract is going to gulp alot of funds to keep this team getting any better.

That is a thin line to tread.

So you guys tell me how to answer your own questions.

:starspin:

quickccc

Reaction score
This seems highly doubtful. If Moore is highly successful next year to the point Moore would look good enough to promote, the team will likely will do well enough for McCarthy to be retained. If the team sputters to the point McCarthy isn't retained then the offense probably won't be that special, so Moore wouldn't be promoted.

we had the No.1 offense in 2019,. .yet did not even win the NFC East division nor qualified for a wild card playoff berth.
It's more than just offensive production with a team that play a factor.
Poor team defense, questionable HC game managing and in game decisions, lack of quality in special teams, choke factor in the closing deciding moments of game,..

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Brilliant? lol. He isn't brilliant vs good defenses. Dak made the offense, not Moore.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we had the No.1 offense in 2019,. .yet did not even win the NFC East division nor qualified for a wild card playoff berth.
It's more than just offensive production with a team that play a factor.
Poor team defense, questionable HC game managing and in game decisions, lack of quality in special teams, choke factor in the closing deciding moments of game,..
Well, top in yardage, but 6th in scoring. And I get your point, but that offense was also inconsistent and often started slow. I don't think the 2019 offense within the context of the 2019 team would be enough to elevate Moore to head coach.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

sorry, I can't. I am still not impressed by him. his play calling leaves a lot to be desired and he has a long way to go before learning. he is no payton or mcvey.....payton spent a lot of time as assistant and assistant coach before being promoted to OC and learning for a few years before getting head coachign job...same with Mcvey......kellen is in his 3rd year of coaching and if you think 2024, then he would have all of 4 years of total coaching...nobody is stupid enough to give him the keys to a franchise...