Kellen Moore as new Cowboys HC in 2022?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
sorry, I can't. I am still not impressed by him. his play calling leaves a lot to be desired and he has a long way to go before learning. he is no payton or mcvey.....payton spent a lot of time as assistant and assistant coach before being promoted to OC and learning for a few years before getting head coachign job...same with Mcvey......kellen is in his 3rd year of coaching and if you think 2024, then he would have all of 4 years of total coaching...nobody is stupid enough to give him the keys to a franchise...
jerry is !

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Please flipping no! I’ve said it here 10 times. The issue with this soft team is Jerry couldn’t give up all control and kept another remnant in Moore! He’s not a plus. We will always have one string to Jerry that let’s players know the coach has no say. We don’t need another Garrett to Wade

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
in 2019- with Dak:
- Cowboys finished 1st in NFL in yards Total Gained
- Cowboys finished 5th in NFL in Rushing
- Cowboys finished 2nd in NFL in least Sacks allowed
- Cowboys finished 6th in the NFL in Points scored
- Cowboys finished 2nd in NFL in Passing yards
- Cowboys finished 8th in NFL in Touchdowns

https://www.lineups.com/nfl/team-stats

But yet you'd fire Kellen as OC ? :huh:
how would you then explain the NO, NE, and last eagles games, where they could only score 10 points??
How come they lost 8 games?
Red zone play calling is where kellen is really bad, not always but most of the time.
He also doesnt understand top, the run game or how and when to use it. His play calling has no plan , no setups, he just randomly calls plays,
the majority of which are pass plays.
He isnt brilliant or innovative.
All the stats are meaningless the way they are compiled.

plasticman

Reaction score
Head coaching candidates are generally selected from coordinators that have impressed with their success. Kellen Moore's "credentials" are the opposite of this approach thus far. Now, if the Cowboys go to the Super Bowl next year then, of course, that would be different....in many respects.

cern

Reaction score
He's going to be a hc in the nfl. Can't say for what team. More than likely one with an up and coming qb. As the clash said, should i stay or should I go?.

Cmac

Reaction score
Yep.....it's coming.....but I don't believe in KMoore, one bit. MM should always watch his back.

TheCritic

Reaction score
What an incredible thread!! If Jerry would do that, I would totally forgive him. Kellen deserves the opportunity.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Can anyone see Kellen Moore being considered new Cowboys HC down the road in 2022, should McCarthy fail to deliver this team back to a winning path next year ?

Young, innovative, brilliant offensive mind, an envisioned of a Sean McVey or Sean Payton in the works.
Same play caller that had the No.1 offense two years in a row before Dak went down to injury.

And how would Jones feel if he was hired away as an HC elsewhere ...while McCarthy ..?

Your gushing over Jerry's main squeeze is ... embarrassing.
But, yes, Moore will be the next HC.
But last I heard, 6-yard passes to the sidelines and Zeke's 3 yards and a cloud of dust are sooo 1964.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
I don’t see why not, he’s never succeeded at anything since he got here. Makes perfect sense

lostar2009

Reaction score
He might be great OC one day but I really don't see a HC. I want someone who can motivate guys like Kris Rashard.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
in 2019- with Dak:
- Cowboys finished 1st in NFL in yards Total Gained
- Cowboys finished 5th in NFL in Rushing
- Cowboys finished 2nd in NFL in least Sacks allowed
- Cowboys finished 6th in the NFL in Points scored
- Cowboys finished 2nd in NFL in Passing yards
- Cowboys finished 8th in NFL in Touchdowns

https://www.lineups.com/nfl/team-stats

But yet you'd fire Kellen as OC ? :huh:

8-8 and 4-9. Both teams were supposed to be contenders. The whole staff should be fired.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Can anyone see Kellen Moore being considered new Cowboys HC down the road in 2022, should McCarthy fail to deliver this team back to a winning path next year ?

Young, innovative, brilliant offensive mind, an envisioned of a Sean McVey or Sean Payton in the works.
Same play caller that had the No.1 offense two years in a row before Dak went down to injury.

And how would Jones feel if he was hired away as an HC elsewhere ...while McCarthy ..?
Brilliant offensive mind? lol. We are talking about the same guy who continuously calls screen plays that dont work right?

quickccc

Reaction score
Brilliant offensive mind? lol. We are talking about the same guy who continuously calls screen plays that dont work right?

Brilliant but cant figure out the run game? very nice AT tomes with motion and the pass game but not complete as asst.coach and you want him as the HC?

Garett 2.0 but at least Garett had the aura of control and professionalism. Moore doesnt seem mature enough to me to handle all that responsibility.

not yet
so no

- That’s what an experienced, veteran offensive minded head coach is for, as to help a rookie or 2nd year novice OC.
That’s a part and role of being an overseer, management and deliver suggestions and ideas to the more inexperience young minds
That is what was supposed to be the value and advantage of McCarthy arriving here.

- You don’t think someone helped out Sean Payton or a Reid or a Gruden, etc. as they grew as play callers ?
You don’t think Walsh, Andy Reid, Mike Holgren didn’t help out and mold his top assistants ?

- And for what it’s worth, I’ll be glad if he is calling screen plays to the RBs in an effort to get them more involved in pass game and the screen plays
probably needs working because he wasn’t using them and we became out of synch.
But the last two games,(per Ravens, Bengals) we’re finally starting to see backs making plays in pass game

blueblood70

Reaction score
- That’s what an experienced, veteran offensive minded head coach is for, as to help a rookie or 2nd year novice OC.
That’s a part and role of being an overseer, management and deliver suggestions and ideas to the more inexperience young minds
That is what was supposed to be the value and advantage of McCarthy arriving here.

- You don’t think someone helped out Sean Payton or a Reid or a Gruden, etc. as they grew as play callers ?
You don’t think Walsh, Andy Reid, Mike Holgren didn’t help out and mold his top assistants ?

- And for what it’s worth, I’ll be glad if he is calling screen plays to the RBs in an effort to get them more involved in pass game and the screen plays
probably needs working because he wasn’t using them and we became out of synch.
But the last two games,(per Ravens, Bengals) we’re finally starting to see backs making plays in pass game

2022 doesn't seem like enough time to mentor KM hes far too raw..so lest see if MM coaches through 2022 and 2023 we see Km ready, sure but this is all far reaching speculation so right now my answer is flat NO..
Prefer to pull for a more season NFL asst group or college HC that seem ready..

I dont believe Jerry in a Garett patience mood at this point , he far more likely to go Vet from the NFL pool younger but no mentoring or growing, pains needed..

can we not WAIT until we see KM become a hot cant miss top OC before we talk HC? hes not even close at this point.