Twitter: Kellen Moore being linked to Boise St

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
He’s a good coach and is only going to get better. He’s been improving steadily since the first game last year.

I hope that he stays in Dallas.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
How many times do you guys want him to run it when his team is down by 10-14 points and getting 3 yards a carry?

Well I contend that if he would run less out of shotgun as well as to the edges more we'd be getting more than 3 yards a carry and we would be down double digits a lot less.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Kellen may prefer coaching in the NFL instead of dealing with the headache of recruiting.

That's my thought.

Kellen Moore strikes me as a X's and O's guy, not really a guy that can land blue chips.

On the other hand, that seems to be what a lot of Bronco's fans want. Harsin was a good recruiter and good at development, that's what landed him the Auburn job, but the fanbase was mad at him because he wasn't the best game day coach in their minds. Moore might excel at that in college.

But yeah, guys like Saban prove that recruitment and program building is where it's at. He'd already be at a natural disadvantage in the Mountain West. Not sure if he's got the experience or even desire to enter that cut throat world.

Thomas82

Reaction score
How many times do you guys want him to run it when his team is down by 10-14 points and getting 3 yards a carry?

Even when the team has leads he goes away from it sometimes. He also abandons it too early at times. Sometimes you stick with the running game if for no other reason than keeping the defense honest.

cern

Reaction score
If I'm the cowboys front office, i'm on the phone offering him a raise and increased responsibility now. I'd do everything possible to keep him in Dallas.

NorthDalal

Reaction score
Thanks but no thanks Kellen,best of luck at Boise.I do not have the short memory or stat-centric view of your performance,in 2019. I remember a big 2019 3-0 start against weak opponents and a 5-8 finish w/clutch losses to every good team we played including a total fail against a banged up Eagle team that took us out of the playoffs.Failed clutch calls against the Jets,Packers,Vikings,and Eagles and no clue against the Patriots defense.It's time to give McCarthy a pass/fail on offense with or without our 37 million $ QB.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Kellen better leave while he can. Get as far away from the Jones family as you can. Boise will probably pay him $3-5MM.
Not even close BSU is broke....just hired a new president of the school. They don't have an AD.........the school is heading in the wrong direction. If Kellen is smart...he stays away. Funny thing is the committee they have put together to find a new AD....not one former athlete

exciter

Reaction score
Yes Moore has had the #1 offense, and again until Dak was injured.
And all the other injuries as well. But to me he still makes too many bone headed calls in critical situations.

Now how many of those calls were from the situation, being down all the time, so felt he had to try something different. But when you have 3rd and 1, and you try a play that takes 10 seconds to develop, that is stupid. None of them worked. You run the balls, or a quick slant pass. Not a toss back 10 yard behind the LOS or a reverse where the WR takes the ball 10 yards behind the LOS.

Those may work at Boise St, but not with this team. That is why I am hard on him at times.
But but but they worked vs our defense during practice!

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Garrett will be fired in NY and be back as OC under McCarthy

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know some ppl are down on him, but this offense was setting records when it had a starting QB.

Would be a big loss to see him go. Especially since McCarthy has questionable taste in coaches. We might get a friend of Mike at the position instead

We were "setting records" but not in a good way. The biggest record we were setting was a losing one.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Jerry better money whip KM, actually, have him in the office today to go over the particulars. Why? Cause KM is doing a good job imo, and he's growing. Also, I don't trust McCarthy or the Joneses to replace him properly.

From KM's perspective: Get the heck away from Cowboys and find a situation he can advance his career in.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Even when the team has leads he goes away from it sometimes. He also abandons it too early at times. Sometimes you stick with the running game if for no other reason than keeping the defense honest.
I find that hard to believe because I don't recall this team having leads much this year lol.

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
He is better than most think. He is a future HC in the NFL.
Only the Cowboys think this. I bet no other team in the league would hire him even as a QB Coach. Please let him go. I’d rather have a real OC with some experience or just let McCarthy call his own plays. I’m tired of the “Wonder Boy” so called geniuses learning on the job. Had the same thing with Jason Garrett.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Please Kellen take that job, take your reverses, wide receiver screens and crazy high school, middle school play calling to Boise

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
The far he stays out of Dallas the better for him.The Cowboys are going nowhere in the near future while the Jones family still running the show.It is the graveyard of talents.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
This story is just leverage against Jerry.

it’s KMoore”s way of saying, show me the money Jerry.

also, I want changes made. I want more power.

he will get it too.