Twitter: Kellen Moore being linked to Boise St

Praxit

Reaction score
..he's probably the college material type anyways. If he goes, good luck and god bless.

Thomas82

Reaction score
I find that hard to believe because I don't recall this team having leads much this year lol.

It happened quite a bit last year too, especially when Garrett started putting his own imprint in it.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Well I contend that if he would run less out of shotgun as well as to the edges more we'd be getting more than 3 yards a carry and we would be down double digits a lot less.

Yes sir!! Preach!!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I know some ppl are down on him, but this offense was setting records when it had a starting QB.

Would be a big loss to see him go. Especially since McCarthy has questionable taste in coaches. We might get a friend of Mike at the position instead

Not sure it would be. I think Moore has some of the same tendencies as Garrett and Linehan since that's the main two NFL coaches he's learned under. I'd like to see us go in a different direction than the offense that has been good, but not good enough against quality defenses.

Even though our defense has been historically bad, it's easy to forget that we only scored 17 points in the opener against the Rams with most of our offense still intact. There are several other games against good defenses where we also have not scored 20-plus, but considering that those were without Dak, we've got an excuse. Even last year, though, we struggled against top defenses.

I don't think losing Moore necessarily keeps this offense from taking it up a notch under McCarthy or a different coordinator ... depending on health, of course.

75boyz

Reaction score
https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-boise-state-is-targeting/

Football Scoop is saying Kellen will be Boise's choice so it's up to him to decide if he wants it. I think he will take it and McCarthy will be glad because he only wanted Kellen around in year 1 to help ease the transition. The Jerry angle is overrated...he may like Kellen but this is far from a Garrett situation.

It would truly shock me if it played out like this as I believe Coach Jerry's ego and his personally chosen Sean McVay aka Garrett part II is his last football move to show the world he is a Football Guy. Seeing is believing but I hope you are right.

Absolutely made no sense to hire Mayor McCheese in the first place if the coaching continues to play out as it has.