Kellen Moore doing an almost complete overhaul of Eagles playbook

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By TCDeckard Jun 9, 2024

PHILADELPHIA — Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts said “95%” of the offense being installed this offseason is new, shedding light on the degree of change being made under offensive coordinator Kellen Moore following the team’s 1-6 slide to end 2023.

“You get to a point where you feel, I’m going to be comfortable with this, I like this, that time comes when you can rep it, rep it, rep it later on, but right now it’s been a lot of new inventory in — the majority of it, probably 95% of it being new — and so it’s just been that process, and it’s been a fun process because you get to see what works for other people,” Hurts said.

“I think the goal coming in was to learn Kellen’s offense and to master it, and I think that’s been a process, and by the end of it, I want it to be mine and have it in my own way.”

More: https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ybook-jeremy-chinn-commanders-giants-playoffs

blueblood70

Reaction score
By TCDeckard Jun 9, 2024

PHILADELPHIA — Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts said “95%” of the offense being installed this offseason is new, shedding light on the degree of change being made under offensive coordinator Kellen Moore following the team’s 1-6 slide to end 2023.

“You get to a point where you feel, I’m going to be comfortable with this, I like this, that time comes when you can rep it, rep it, rep it later on, but right now it’s been a lot of new inventory in — the majority of it, probably 95% of it being new — and so it’s just been that process, and it’s been a fun process because you get to see what works for other people,” Hurts said.

“I think the goal coming in was to learn Kellen’s offense and to master it, and I think that’s been a process, and by the end of it, I want it to be mine and have it in my own way.”

More: https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ybook-jeremy-chinn-commanders-giants-playoffs
:muttley: :lmao:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yea I read this the other day........it may take a few games for that offense to click

blueblood70

Reaction score
Can’t wait for them to have the game on the line and have a 4th an inches. Instead of the tush push, Moore tells Hurts to throw a deep pass which is incomplete
or they do the tush push but tell hurts he needs to be the blocker puts him at center and then lines up a receiver to go over the top of them right that'd be Kellen Moore like let's just change everyone's position and still make it work because we're gonna trick everybody... He still thinks he's at the blue carpet..

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I'm glad the Eagles continue to be foolish. Still, I expect them to change OC's after just one season of Moore like SD. Only Jones is foolish enough to keep the Moores and Garretts around multiple years.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I'm glad the Eagles continue to be foolish. Still, I expect them to change OC's after just one season of Moore like SD. Only Jones is foolish enough to keep the Moores and Garretts around multiple years.
He may not even survive half a season.

khiladi

Reaction score
San Diego was keeping Moore, if they didn’t get Harbaugh. They didn’t allow him to interview anywhere for OC positions, until it was confirmed Harbaugh was coming and bringing in his own staff.

. One noticeable change is the jump in motion plays. Philadelphia was last in pre-snap motion last season.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
By TCDeckard Jun 9, 2024

It's the Jason Garrett offense 3.0!!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Team quit harder than anything I have ever seen including Phillips last season. They lost their two top leaders in Cox and Kelce to retirement. Brought in a bunch of mercs and the HC is gushing over one of them. Brand new offense for the young QB for the 4th straight year.

What could go wrong?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
By TCDeckard Jun 9, 2024

Yeah, he overhauled San Diego’s O too!!

Didn’t SD’s O lay a big fat egg vs us last year?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Hurts is having to learn the "it's a process" playbook.
:muttley:

Welcome to our previous world. Good luck. It didn't fare so well for Justin Herbert and the Chargers.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The Eagles need a new playbook. They were running on the fumes of Shane Steichen's old offense last year, and defenses had figured it out. The 2023 Eagles were going to call inside-zone runs and sideline deep-shot passes, and if you blitzed Hurts, you could stop both of those. You can't just slap a new coat of paint or some fresh tires on an offense that broken, you need to haul it off to the dump.