Kellen Moore doing an almost complete overhaul of Eagles playbook

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not if Kellen Moore runs what Hurts is good at. Maybe move the pocket, half field reads, a lot of pre-snap motion and of course use Hurts legs.
I mean if that’s the case why change OCs to begin with if you just want to run what you’ve been running? Seems like they need to run the offense through Saquon…..but then AJ and Devonte get unhappy.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I mean if that’s the case why change OCs to begin with if you just want to run what you’ve been running? Seems like they need to run the offense through Saquon…..but then AJ and Devonte get unhappy.
AJ and DeVonta have been paid. So has Saquon, for that matter. It’s not like their performance can garner them more money. I doubt they’ll care what the offense does. They got their’s.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Those contracts aren’t 100 percent guaranteed.
Brown $84 million guaranteed, Smith $51 million guaranteed, Barkley, an oft injured running back, $26 million guaranteed. Yeah. How many guys have 100% guaranteed NFL contracts? They all got theirs. Hurts $179 million guaranteed. Even if they wanted to complain about any part of their offense who the hell would care to listen?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Brown $84 million guaranteed, Smith $51 million guaranteed, Barkley, an oft injured running back, $26 million guaranteed. Yeah. How many guys have 100% guaranteed NFL contracts? They all got theirs. Hurts $179 million guaranteed. Even if they wanted to complain about any part of their offense who the hell would care to listen?
I honestly don’t know I’m just basing it on the issues they’ve had this past season. I think guys want to play at a high level and win. I don’t think money solves all especially for a guy like AJ Brown who goes to Twitter to profess how good he is.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I honestly don’t know I’m just basing it on the issues they’ve had this past season. I think guys want to play at a high level and win. I don’t think money solves all especially for a guy like AJ Brown who goes to Twitter to profess how good he is.
I suspect they’ll be very “cooperative“ players. 49 other guys, most of them significantly larger than those four, playing on the same team for much less money will be less than enthusiastic about any of them complaining about anything.

sarge1116

Reaction score
AJ and DeVonta have been paid. So has Saquon, for that matter. It’s not like their performance can garner them more money. I doubt they’ll care what the offense does. They got their’s.
Maybe for some teams who have poor culture might be true, but you know winning is everything in Philly so that won't fly. Sure the wheels fell off last year, but it did so a few years back and the gm made changes to get back to the SB soon after. Same this year. As long as Howie and Jeff Lurie are there, you can be assured that will never change. These are top proven players for a reason and they compete.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Kellen Moore doing an almost complete overhaul of Eagles playbook
By TCDeckard Jun 9, 2024

PHILADELPHIA — Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts said “95%” of the offense being installed this offseason is new, shedding light on the degree of change being made under offensive coordinator Kellen Moore following the team’s 1-6 slide to end 2023.

“You get to a point where you feel, I’m going to be comfortable with this, I like this, that time comes when you can rep it, rep it, rep it later on, but right now it’s been a lot of new inventory in — the majority of it, probably 95% of it being new — and so it’s just been that process, and it’s been a fun process because you get to see what works for other people,” Hurts said.

“I think the goal coming in was to learn Kellen’s offense and to master it, and I think that’s been a process, and by the end of it, I want it to be mine and have it in my own way.”

More: https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ybook-jeremy-chinn-commanders-giants-playoffs
Good luck Hurts, just what a running QB needed, a OC who doesn't believe in the run game.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Kellen's base offense is just about the worst offense you could draw up for Hurts. Timing throws based on synchronous reads frequently down the field. Out of the pocket. That's not Jalen Hurts at all.

Unless KM is really changing things up, this is going to be ugly. Kellen might actually be able to turn the Cowboys into the first division repeat winner in the NFCE in ages.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I suspect they’ll be very “cooperative“ players. 49 other guys, most of them significantly larger than those four, playing on the same team for much less money will be less than enthusiastic about any of them complaining about anything.
Didn’t stop them from complaining last season…

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Hurts is having to learn the "it's a process" playbook.
:muttley:

Welcome to our previous world. Good luck. It didn't fare so well for Justin Herbert and the Chargers.
Isn't it weird how the no talent Dak Prescott turned Moore's offense into the #1 scoring offense in the league yet the all world arm talent Justin Herbert looked like Andy Dalton in it?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
You've seen KM offenses. You have the slope backwards.
You have only seen peices of it...Dallas always had an offense by committee approach. I would say you only got to see 25% of the Kellen playbook....and that is why it failed here. Everything he does is based off how the defense reacts to his base plays...problem was...he could never establish a big enough sample size of his plays to implement his offense. There was a disconnect between his offense...and what McCarthy forced upon him. Couple that with a limited QB that couldn't grasp the complexity of Kellen's offense...he was doomed for failure.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Isn't it weird how the no talent Dak Prescott turned Moore's offense into the #1 scoring offense in the league yet the all world arm talent Justin Herbert looked like Andy Dalton in it?
Ronnie, I'm so glad you mentioned this fact. lol. I was going to say it, but it would have been skipped due to my pro-Dak constant posting. You're absolutely correct. If anything, this proves how good Dak truly is. Dak flourished under the extremely difficult offense of Kellen Moore, while Justin Herbert totally struggled and failed to pick it up. I have a feeling Jalen Hurts is going to struggle as well. I hear he has been looking bad during OTAs and minicamp already. Where are the anti-Dakkers now? When will they appreciate Dak?