Kellen Moore era has begun

Cmac

Reaction score
The Kellen Moore era has begun.

I know the numbers don't look great. He made a couple bad INTs....Locking onto WRs... But for the first time all season...(Including when Romo was healthy)...the offense looked capable of moving the football.

Considering he had limited snaps during the week....Moore made quick decisions. Knew where to go w/ the football.

And maybe most importantly...gave the team a spark....and hope.

I can't see anything but positives going forward. Give Kellen this week to learn from his mistakes....and he will. All things considered....He probably got maybe 30 snaps during the week to get ready...which is nothing. Not bad for a guy getting his first NFL action against a playoff contender that was desperate for a win.

Floaty.....come on back now. Kellen did reasonably well under the circumstances.....but in a day or so, we need you to come on back down. Kellen never looked one safety off, but it was ok. He played and we all were happy. Come on back now.
Haters are gonna hate.

But he inspired the team tonight. And for those that can't see that he has the "IT" factor just don't understand football.

pansophy

Reaction score
I thought he looked better than Weeden or Cassell. The picks were inexperience. At WR's actually got the ball with him. It will be good to look at him over the next few weeks to see if we need to spend a high pick on a QB.

But I don't Floaty is crazy. He could be Romo's replacement in 2-3 years.

Cmac

Reaction score

I know the numbers don't look great. He made a couple bad INTs....Locking onto WRs... But for the first time all season...(Including when Romo was healthy)...the offense looked capable of moving the football.

Considering he had limited snaps during the week....Moore made quick decisions. Knew where to go w/ the football.

I can't see anything but positives going forward. Give Kellen this week to learn from his mistakes....and he will. All things considered....He probably got maybe 30 snaps during the week to get ready...which is nothing. Not bad for a guy getting his first NFL action against a playoff contender that was desperate for a win.

Haters are gonna hate.

But he inspired the team tonight. And for those that can't see that he has the "IT" factor just don't understand football.

Floaty.....come on back now. Kellen did reasonably well under the circumstances.....but in a day or so, we need you to come on back down. Kellen never looked one safety off, but it was ok. He played and we all were happy. Come on back now.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Not yet, but I am trying to wrestle this outta Floaty's hands . . . .

anointing-oil-gift-pack.jpg

You have allowed Floaty to get in your head. Who's fault is that? This is only in his hands as long as you think it is.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
The kid shows some potential. At this point there's simply no way to know if he's to become an NFL starter, a career backup, or will be out of the league in a year or two. He's played in one game that he didn't start, showed some spark, and made mistakes. That's all we know for now.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Go back and watch the pass he squeezed into Beasley between 3 people. Not only did he deek the LBer into thinking he was throwing a quick slant....he threw Beasley open....just look @ the surprise on Beasley's face. I bet Beasley's first thought was...."Not even Romo would do that".......:omg:

ologan

Reaction score
You guys are willing to write this kid off with snarky comments that are, IMO, directed more at your dislike of Floaty than they are at the player.Give the kid a chance, for God's sake. All you freaking "experts" are chomping at the bit to pull the trigger on a QB in the upcoming draft, when there isn't one of those "can't miss" QB's to be had.Nobody's saying the kid's gonna replace Romo next year, but what's wrong with letting the kid learn from him for a year or two? Let the kid get all the practice time the next two games, and let's see if there's anything there. Do any of you think Lynch is the next coming of Manning, Luck, or Rogers?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
My thoughts are that Kellen looked okay. He looked capable of winning the last 3 if the team played well, but did not look like anyone you would even hesitate for a moment to replace with a rusty Romo when he was ready.

Carson

Reaction score
The kid shows some potential. At this point there's simply no way to know if he's to become an NFL starter, a career backup, or will be out of the league in a year or two. He's played in one game that he didn't start, showed some spark, and made mistakes. That's all we know for now.

True.

With that being said, he looked much better than Weeden and cassel

Cmac

Reaction score
Go back and watch the pass he squeezed into Beasley between 3 people. Not only did he deek the LBer into thinking he was throwing a quick slant....he threw Beasley open....just look @ the surprise on Beasley's face. I bet Beasley's first thought was...."Not even Romo would do that".......:omg:

Go back to the end zone interception or the early hail mary to Dez (4 Jets around). C'mon Floaty.

There's a reason his body of work just started last night.

The pass you refer to was read completely by the corner....squeezed into Beaz vs misplayed by corner.....C'mon Floaty.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

de052a10-3642-11e5-a952-078adcd1e461_rudycover.jpg

Blast From The Past

Reaction score

Haters are gonna hate.

Stick up for your boy, Floaty. I was excited to finally see Kellen Moore. He did rather well given all of the particulars involved. Cassell never once gave me any hope but Moore did the instant he came into the game. I want to see him the next 2 games and next year in preseason after taking meaningful snaps in camp. I think he sparked this very lackluster but nonetheless very talented offense coming in relief of a very ineffective Matt Cassell.

Sydla

Reaction score
Im with you floaty ! lol many here dont like moore, but I see potential, maybe I am wrong, but glad to finally get the
chance to see him play.

At very least it will make the next 2 games more interesting.

For years I see people bash russel wilson too.

one thing I noticed was in the huddle he wasnt scared or nervous, and he seemed confident, and the int's did not rattle him.
he was quick on the throws and looked around instead of staring down one guy.

No offense, but Wilson has much more talent than Moore.

Look, I get that people like this kid and want to root for him. That's fine. But let's not all buy ticket to Stupid Town just yet.

Sydla

Reaction score
Moderators changed the title......

I think there is @ least a QB controversy started. You tell me...An up and coming guy 26 years old...that sparked the team....vs a 35 year old guy that hasn't won squat...busted collar bone 4 times w/ various other serious injuries. I just don't trust Romo to get through a season anymore....Nor do I see any upside to Romo. It's gonna be all down hill from here. Give me the young guy that is hungry. He's just gonna get better once they start game planning to his strengths...

I will say this as nicely as possible.

You are insane. Stone cold insane.

Or blinded by Boise State disease.

RS12

Reaction score
Haters are gonna hate.

Nobody hates the guy, he just has too many warts to be anything more than a back up who you hope doesnt play very often. I hope the guy sticks around long enough to collect a pension.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score

Haters are gonna hate.

Not a hater, but I wouldn't call this an era.

If we're gonna use that word, I'd simply say that it's the end of the Cassel era.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
You guys are willing to write this kid off with snarky comments that are, IMO, directed more at your dislike of Floaty than they are at the player.Give the kid a chance, for God's sake. All you freaking "experts" are chomping at the bit to pull the trigger on a QB in the upcoming draft, when there isn't one of those "can't miss" QB's to be had.Nobody's saying the kid's gonna replace Romo next year, but what's wrong with letting the kid learn from him for a year or two? Let the kid get all the practice time the next two games, and let's see if there's anything there. Do any of you think Lynch is the next coming of Manning, Luck, or Rogers?

Pretty funny people just gotta keep taking their shots @ me.....Even when I'm proven right.:grin: