Kellen Moore era has begun

Angus12

Reaction score
But he inspired the team tonight. And for those that can't see that he has the "IT" factor just don't understand football.
It always amuses me when somebody claims that people 'just don't understand football' when they may have a differing opinion. Laughable.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
There is another entire world called the rantzone for those posts...

Well, what happens is stuff gets trashed over to the rant zone where its left to die like an aborted fetus so then posters feel the need to keep posting it here in every thread so it gets noticed. Maybe if it was left in the high traffic area we wouldnt get ever thread infected with it. So the intended purpose of the rant zone actually works to create more of it here.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If there is, we are even worse off than most people think we are already with this coaching staff.

You've seen the bonehead decisions that get made for this team. Does that give you any confidence about the future?

MissionCoach

Reaction score
Hopefully Moore will play out the season so we can see what he can do. I think we draft a QB, but not in the 1st round. If Moore has anything to offer, we now have 2 QB's developing under Romo.

In the name of God though, please cut Cassell ASAP!!!

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
It always amuses me when somebody claims that people 'just don't understand football' when they may have a differing opinion. Laughable.

Apparently there is a lot that hasnt been seen or understand with this team. At least thats what Ive read from the Red Apologists as they claim something great is being built here.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
You've seen the bonehead decisions that get made for this team. Does that give you any confidence about the future?

Are you suggesting this group doesnt instill the utmost confidence?

EP-305039881.jpg&q=80&MaxW=550&MaxH=400&RCRadius=5

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Jesus...he's already broke it 4 times...how many more breaks does it take before you consider it a "chronic injury"?o_O

He's only broken it once before - in game 7 of 2010 season. The current fracture is a rebreak of an incomplete union, caused by returning too soon. Mid-shaft fractures heal completely and will likely be even thicker and stronger at the fracture site than before, given enough time.
He can certainly go out next year and sustain the same excessive force in the same position and sustain another fracture, just like anyone else in that situation would.

It's joints that create the chronic problems, due to damage to articular cartilage that may not ever properly heal.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, what happens is stuff gets trashed over to the rant zone where its left to die like an aborted fetus so then posters feel the need to keep posting it here in every thread so it gets noticed. Maybe if it was left in the high traffic area we wouldnt get ever thread infected with it. So the intended purpose of the rant zone actually works to create more of it here.

Because then the first 5 pages on the fan zone is all jerry sucks, jason sucks, this sucks, that sucks, i hate jerry, ginger this, ginger that...and the the real football discussions. if there are any of those anymore, get lost on page 6, which also has it's share of crap too.
It's like a newspaper anymore.....X doctor cures cancer found on page 8 in a small column.
J Lo has butt implants removed, coverage on page one, full page, no pictures....but still gets the headlines.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
The issue I had with his game was his lack of arm strength and he got killed by the robber.

Getting 'snaps' is more about getting in tune with the rest of the team. Getting that feel for how fast the receivers will run, getting the timing on handoffs, etc. Getting the feel for the speed of the game.

Struggling to look off safeties or seeing where the robber is...different issue.

He absolutely deserves to start next week. I would have benched Cassel after that INT. But, I don't expect much from Moore and he can't blame the O-Line, receivers, running game, etc. either.

YR

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't generally miss games, probably 3-4 in the last 15 years, but I am somewhat intrigued by Moore which makes the last 2 weeks interesting.

When you go 50-3 in college, you have ability. Now, that might not be arm strength or the desired measurables. But smarts, leadership, intangibles, dare I say "moxie" (I remember that was a Romo buzzword), this kid has a little something. He threw 2 awful picks, but he didn't seem the least bit overwhelmed.

Once again, I preface it by saying was no NFL game tape on him, and it was 3 quarters, but the offense had much more flow with him in there. Those 2 picks were learning experiences, both were teachable mistakes. I'm hoping they are smart enough to give him the next 8 quarters and an offseason to develop. His upside is likely a quality backup, I'd like to see him be given a chance to earn that and who knows after that.

Agreed.

No tape on the kid.

But on the other hand I'm sure the game-plan wasn't tailored to his skill-set either.

VThokie7

Reaction score
And who is your guy? The only guy I'd take in this draft is Paxton Lynch. Problem is.....He may not declare...and/or we may not draft high enough. All others...I'd pass.

No way Lynch comes back. He lost his coach and although the play caller is staying you don't mess around with that risk when you're already a top pick.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The Kellen Moore era has begun.

I know the numbers don't look great. He made a couple bad INTs....Locking onto WRs... But for the first time all season...(Including when Romo was healthy)...the offense looked capable of moving the football.

Considering he had limited snaps during the week....Moore made quick decisions. Knew where to go w/ the football.

And maybe most importantly...gave the team a spark....and hope.

I can't see anything but positives going forward. Give Kellen this week to learn from his mistakes....and he will. All things considered....He probably got maybe 30 snaps during the week to get ready...which is nothing. Not bad for a guy getting his first NFL action against a playoff contender that was desperate for a win.

Haters are gonna hate.

But he inspired the team tonight. And for those that can't see that he has the "IT" factor just don't understand football.

He's worthy of a better look for sure. Left me wanting to see more.